News Thompson (2-3weeks) & Waddell (1 week) cited

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t fight the Thompson one even if we have a good case. If we fight a lose he will miss Round 1 next season and have 60 carry over points if we plead guilty early he will be right for 2022 and only have 20 carry overs.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson now getting on Hetheringtons level.

Add TPJ and Vaughan to that and we're fucked next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I haven't really followed his record closely (i've lost alot of interest in NRL these days) but just looking it's a worry too. Barrett probably isn't the right coach to get these guys back on track but we'll see what happens next year.
Yh I've got huge doubts, really can't see it ending well. We've already got a stack of undisciplined players already, recruited some more and failed to recruit a single on field leader.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh I've got huge doubts, really can't see it ending well. We've already got a stack of undisciplined players already, recruited some more and failed to recruit a single on field leader.
I get that but these charges are bullshit. They are just looking for any reason to suspend our players. Again, I'll refer to the valentine Holmes crusher that only resulted in a FINE, not a suspension. Infinitely worse than any crusher I've seen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I get that but these charges are bullshit. They are just looking for any reason to suspend our players. Again, I'll refer to the valentine Holmes crusher that only resulted in a FINE, not a suspension. Infinitely worse than any crusher I've seen.
I don't care about a still image, the video shows way more. I saw the Thompson one during the game and knew he would cop a charge for it, most players would.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Started the year sitting out 4 games. Copped a 3 game ban against Cronulla now is facing 2 weeks after the loss to Newcastle.

After analysing Covid cases, one thing is for sure. The truth is in the numbers......

His next suspension will be for 1 week then he will never be suspended again 8-)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I haven't really followed his record closely (i've lost alot of interest in NRL these days) but just looking it's a worry too. Barrett probably isn't the right coach to get these guys back on track but we'll see what happens next year.
Gus will have to intervene with this bc we sure as hell can't depend on Barrett to instill discipline.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The already undermanned Bulldogs have been dealt another blow up front with both Luke Thompson and Corey Waddell facing bans.

Thompson has been charged with a grade one crusher tackle and is facing two weeks out with the early plea and three if found guilty at the panel.

The Bulldogs front rower had only recently returned from suspension and had three prior non-similar offences in the last two years which contributed to the charge on Sunday.
Trent Barrett will not be happy having told media on Saturday that he hoped Thompson would not be punished for the crusher tackle on Chris Randall.

“I would hate to see Luke Thompson go again for something like that because he does work really hard on it,” Barrett said.

We want to get that out of our game and we work really hard not to put the ball-carrier in that position.

“We do work really hard on popping their head out and making sure we don’t put that tackled player in a vulnerable position but a lot of players can get their head back in there too and get a penalty.”

Waddell is also facing one week on the sideline, regardless of whether he takes the early plea or not, for contrary conduct on Kalyn Ponga.

In this case, the incident in question saw Waddell placed on report for a headgear pull on the Knights fullback.

Waddell was also charged for dangerous contact on Mitch Barnett but is only facing a fine.

It is a tough blow for the Bulldogs who had already called on Raiders loan players Ryan James and Corey Horsburgh for the past fortnight following suspensions to Jack Hetherington and Dylan Napa.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I told you all there is no coming back for the nrl from this… they have well and truly dug themselves a huge hole these past 2 seasons especially 2021

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn’t fight the Thompson one even if we have a good case. If we fight a lose he will miss Round 1 next season and have 60 carry over points if we plead guilty early he will be right for 2022 and only have 20 carry overs.
True but either way the loading is what the problem with the system is. We keep accepting early pleas for Thompson and they still give him massive charges the next time.

That should be a one week suspension at worst even if Ivan Milat did it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True but either way the loading is what the problem with the system is. We keep accepting early pleas for Thompson and they still give him massive charges the next time.

That should be a one week suspension at worst even if Ivan Milat did it.
didnt he fight the other two?