Thomo eye gouge

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Chin up thommo you got four weeks because you happened to be wearing a dogs jersey no other reason, have a big off season mate and come out firing next year
Tamou what a cock he looks now, back peddling soft arse
Luke will rip it up next season, mark my words, off season training can’t start soon enough

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It makes me laugh reading these comments
There’s one thing about you Aussies, you tell it like it is
Do me a favour and tell Thommo I said don't let these soft cock c***s change him or his style. It's about time we got a hard **** in the blue and white.

I still think we haven't seen the best of him yet and when we do, God help the nrlol...

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
4 weeks is a bit harsh, I think 1 to 2 would have been fair, or whatever the penalty is for a careless high tackle, once it got beat up in the media as an eye gouge always going to be a tough penalty. Crazy thing is in the same night King only got 3 weeks for something that could have easily broken a leg or finished someones career.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It makes me laugh reading these comments
There’s one thing about you Aussies, you tell it like it is
I've looked through quite a few SL fan sites ...lol nothing like this one...but then again none of the other NRL club fan sites in Oz are either :grinning:

The Kennel is defo the most uncoof ;)

Pls keep that in mind. You'll never hear a bad word about Luke, the Club, our Board or all our other club issues on the vast majority of our Facebook sites.

It's just a Kennel thing ...but... be a great player for the club and fans, be a great administrator and coach and you get a loyal following and hero status if it's earnt.

Tough times atm through previous maladministration and a previous coach's ego but here's no greater club when we get it all together.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that is a fair outcome. His fingers were over his eye.
Four weeks is completely valid. Probably get two trial games in that.
Could have been much worse. And he did make contact with the eye.
I'm not sure trial games count anymore. I'm sure he can extually play the trials and then has to miss four NRL games. Be good if someone could confirm.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do me a favour and tell Thommo I said don't let these soft cock c***s change him or his style. It's about time we got a hard c*** in the blue and white.

I still think we haven't seen the best of him yet and when we do, God help the nrlol...
You’ve definitely not seen his best, since the announcement of TBaz and the conversations he is having with him, he has big hopes for the team and club, In the coming seasons
He’s has had a nightmare since he landed there to be honest

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a bullshit suspension for an incident that wasn't clear cut, especially when Thompson pulled his hand away once he realised his hand was around his eyes and there was no gouging or scraping motion. Four weeks is way too much..

It will be another blow to Thompson's adjustment to the NRL and to our chances to start the season without our leading prop but hopefully he has a huge offseason and makes a huge impact come round five..

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My thoughts on this:

• Ghabar quickly quashed any notion of having the charge brandied as either intentional or reckless. So, the lesser charge of Careless was bought about.
  • The maximum sentence that was sought in a careless charge was 4 weeks - which is what the panel eventually went with.
  • The astounding part is that this act is considered to be - pretty much the same as what Hudson Young did for his first charge on Aiden Tolman last year (he got 5 weeks). Refer to this youtube video, and look at the footage
  • If that got 5 weeks, then this was not worthy of a 4 week suspension - I thought 2-3 would suffice

What also sucks, is that Trials no longer count towards suspensions. Nor do the 9s.

I think he was really hard done by.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tamou what a cock he looks now, back peddling soft arse
Luke will rip it up next season, mark my words, off season training can’t start soon enough
The dobbing wimp is changing clubs next season so we all look forward to our 2021 game against Wests Tigers.

Nothing silly mind but lets hope all our forwards give Tamou a hard game that he will remember from the Dogs of War type defence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My thoughts on this:

• Ghabar quickly quashed any notion of having the charge brandied as either intentional or reckless. So, the lesser charge of Careless was bought about.
  • The maximum sentence that was sought in a careless charge was 4 weeks - which is what the panel eventually went with.
  • The astounding part is that this act is considered to be - pretty much the same as what Hudson Young did for his first charge on Aiden Tolman last year (he got 5 weeks). Refer to this youtube video, and look at the footage
  • If that got 5 weeks, then this was not worthy of a 4 week suspension - I thought 2-3 would suffice

What also sucks, is that Trials no longer count towards suspensions. Nor do the 9s.

I think he was really hard done by.
They lost all credibility.

Only way we can remedy this injustice is by WINNING and sticking it up 'em that way.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bit concerned, we get to start next year without 2 of our 3 new signings. And Cotric is still playing this year. Can we get 3/3?

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've looked through quite a few SL fan sites ...lol nothing like this one...but then again none of the other NRL club fan sites in Oz are either :grinning:

The Kennel is defo the most uncoof ;)

Pls keep that in mind. You'll never hear a bad word about Luke, the Club, our Board or all our other club issues on the vast majority of our Facebook sites.

It's just a Kennel thing ...but... be a great player for the club and fans, be a great administrator and coach and you get a loyal following and hero status if it's earnt.

Tough times atm through previous maladministration and a previous coach's ego but here's no greater club when we get it all together.
He knows how lucky he is to wear the blue and white, he’s frustrated with all that’s going on and off the pitch, that’s why he was careless in that tackle, he was trying too hard, He's devastated with that decision today
Luke has an excellent work ethic, he’s committed, will not take a backward step, he’s hard has nails, will not be beaten and will earn his respect
It runs in his family !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He knows how lucky he is to wear the blue and white, he’s frustrated with all that’s going on and off the pitch, that’s why he was careless in that tackle, he was trying too hard, He's devastated with that decision today
Luke has an excellent work ethic, he’s committed, will not take a backward step, he’s hard has nails, will not be beaten and will earn his respect
It runs in his family !
Good clue ;)

Just wanted you to have the facts of the situation around here :grinning:

Take it all with a grain of salt. There's good people on here. Some not so good. Some are respected for their opinions and some not so much. It can be disappointing to see some of the comments that are over the top.

One thing is for sure though. Every Bulldog fan is hoping Luke goes well for us and for himself and if he can be held in as high esteem as James Graham by our fans, he'll be going well. Majority of us were disappointed that kind of outcome that Jammer got happened in those circumstances but he was s champion throughout it all.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good clue ;)

Just wanted you to have the facts of the situation around here :grinning:

Take it all with a grain of salt. There's good people on here. Some not so good. Some are respected for their opinions and some not so much. It can be disappointing to see some of the comments that are over the top.

One thing is for sure though. Every Bulldog fan is hoping Luke goes well for us and for himself and if he can be held in as high esteem as James Graham by our fans, he'll be going well. Majority of us were disappointed that kind of outcome that Jammer got happened in those circumstances but he was s champion throughout it all.
The guys who just put the Haha emoticon on are some of the not so good as you would already have seen ;)

Had to amend above to rectify for 2 now :grinning:

Last edited: