Thommo & TPJ - The front row that never fronts.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the heading suggests...

Over 1.6mil on two very devastating front rowers who are just not worth a cent atm. Watching guys like King and Vaughan on half their wage putting in much bigger efforts running themselves into the ground whilst these blokes are always injured, if not suspended and might have couple of good games a year.

Does the club cut both loose and go to market? If we do, who?

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As the heading suggests...

Over 1.6mil on two very devastating front rowers who are just not worth a cent atm. Watching guys like King and Vaughan on half their wage putting in much bigger efforts running themselves into the ground whilst these blokes are always injured, if not suspended and might have couple of good games a year.

Does the club cut both loose and go to market? If we do, who?
One of them has to go, preferably TPJ. At least when Thommo’s fit and firing you know what you’re gonna get from him.

There’s just too much cash tied up in forwards next year when you factor in Kikau’s huge pay cheque also.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson
13. Max King

14. Ryan Sutton
15. Andrew Davey
16. Herman Ese'ese
17. Franklin Pele

Sell Luke Thompson who is on 800k and buy Ese'ese and Hunt with that money who bring so much energy and run a straight line. Pele is a done deal already with the Bulldogs.

Also Mahoney is an 80 minute hooker, so we don't need a hooker at 14 and instead we will have an extra prop letting BBO develop his game in NSW cup.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of them has to go, preferably TPJ. At least when Thommo’s fit and firing you know what you’re gonna get from him.

There’s just too much cash tied up in forwards next year when you factor in Kikau’s huge pay cheque also.
LOLL Thommo :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro, TPJ's ankle is fucked, do you wanna judge him after 1 game for not taking a hitup after playing so well this season. No one ever talked about Ogden and Atoni the soft fucks.
We're they on marquee forward salary? And it isn't just one game, it's basically most games other than a few.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bro, TPJ's ankle is fucked, do you wanna judge him after 1 game for not taking a hitup after playing so well this season. No one ever talked about Ogden and Atoni the soft fucks.
If he's injured don't play him... Any other forward Edwards or Morrin would have been better than him over the last few weeks.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To my mind Thompson is the easier and more obvious one who we need to cut loose. He was a needed signing at the time and was worth the bet given his form and potential, but hindsight is easy and now we know we paid overs. Covid really messed him around too (more than most).

TPJ is in his first season with us and in my opinion has done enough to deserve some faith. He has been awesome in most games he’s played this year. Yes his last couple of games have been poor but I’m almost certain he’s carrying that back injury which is restricting his minutes and impact. We really should rest him and get him fixed up, not sure if surgery is on the cards but better to do it now and give him maximum recovery time.

Watching today’s game, it wasn’t our front row that had me worried. I kept thinking about next season and trying to work out if Mahoney and Kikau give us enough uplift to really put on a serious finals push. I am probably still leaning towards yes, mainly because Averillo and Flanagan are improving and will hopefully get better with another off season, giving us a really good spine for the first time in forever.

JadeW

Waterboy
Reaction score
You know what you will get from Thompson....I think Thommo would really blossom with the style we are currently playing...Thompson also does a shitload of defence

TPJ is an impact player off the bench who is also a serial shirt grabber, and from all reports he is on way too much for what he offers

We have already lost Vaughan for next season, who has been our best forward this season and we definitely cannot afford to lose Thompson

For next season, we are short of a first class starting prop and another bench prop who offers value for money

Top 5 props (not in order), would be ideal to nab only 1, but we are buckleys chance
1. JFH
2. Tino
3. Haas
4. Tapine
5. Paulo

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what you will get from Thompson....I think Thommo would really blossom with the style we are currently playing...Thompson also does a shitload of defence

TPJ is an impact player off the bench who is also a serial shirt grabber, and from all reports he is on way too much for what he offers

We have already lost Vaughan for next season, who has been our best forward this season and we definitely cannot afford to lose Thompson

For next season, we are short of a first class starting prop and another bench prop who offers value for money

Top 5 props (not in order), would be ideal to nab only 1, but we are buckleys chance
1. JFH
2. Tino
3. Haas
4. Tapine
5. Paulo
Junior Paulo and James Fisher Harris are on long-term deals, i don't know why you put them there?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TPJ will bully the teams we should beat.

We need the whole pack to stand up against the teams we are trying to catch.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would through the money on either Nelson Asofa-Solomona or Payne Haas.

Release Thompson and you have 800k to easily buy 1 of them. NAS is on 600k and we can through in another 100-200k and for Haas you already know he doesn't want to be at the Broncos.