News Thomas Duffy

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus looking to the future as he starts the rebuilding
Bulldogs swoop on Thomas Duffy

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould has identified a teenage halfback as the player who could lead the next generation Bulldogs.

It is understood Canterbury have already approached the Cowboys and asked whether they would be willing to release him from the final year of his deal.

Wanting to make the jump to NRL and become a teenage NRL playmaker like Sam Walker, Duffy is facing a roadblock at the Cowboys with both Tom Dearden and Chad Townsend signed until the end of 2024.

While the Cowboys are keen to keep the player they also think is a future star in the making, they may not be able to keep Duffy with two established halves in front of him for at least the next two years.

Duffy has been told he has a big future at Belmore and could become the club’s next long term No.7 should he make the switch and move to Sydney at the end of the year.

Named in the Australian Schoolboys merit team last year, Duffy is seen by the Bulldogs as the type of halves partner that will help Matt Burton become the star No. 6 that he was bought to Belmore to become.

A well-rounded halfback who can kick, pass and run, Duffy twice scored hat tricks in the Queensland Under 18s competition last year.

Duffy’s highlight reel, which was posted on the Queensland Rugby League website, shows him setting up as many tries as he scores.

Duffy, a former student at Ignatius Park College, led the Mal Meninga Cup in 2021 with 84 points from six appearances for the Townsville Blackhawks.

The Bulldogs are facing their latest overhaul with the nine players coming off-contract this year at long odds to remain at the club.

Matt Doorey, Matt Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reece Hoffman, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan and Brandon Wakeham will all struggle to earn contracts following the club’s woeful start to the year.

A $400,000 signing from the Melbourne Storm, Stimson could be headed to the Super League following an injury-plagued three year stint at Canterbury.

The bloodshed at Belmore is expected to also include contracted players following the shock defection of Brent Naden to the Wests Tigers.

Jack Hetherington, who is contracted until the end or 2023, has already been linked to rival clubs while the club has been shopping around several players including Corey Allan and Kyle Flanagan and Corey Waddell.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould has identified a teenage halfback as the player who could lead the next generation Bulldogs.

It is understood Canterbury have already approached the Cowboys and asked whether they would be willing to release him from the final year of his deal.

Wanting to make the jump to NRL and become a teenage NRL playmaker like Sam Walker, Duffy is facing a roadblock at the Cowboys with both Tom Dearden and Chad Townsend signed until the end of 2024.

While the Cowboys are keen to keep the player they also think is a future star in the making, they may not be able to keep Duffy with two established halves in front of him for at least the next two years.

Duffy has been told he has a big future at Belmore and could become the club’s next long term No.7 should he make the switch and move to Sydney at the end of the year.

Named in the Australian Schoolboys merit team last year, Duffy is seen by the Bulldogs as the type of halves partner that will help Matt Burton become the star No. 6 that he was bought to Belmore to become.

A well-rounded halfback who can kick, pass and run, Duffy twice scored hat tricks in the Queensland Under 18s competition last year.

Duffy’s highlight reel, which was posted on the Queensland Rugby League website, shows him setting up as many tries as he scores.

Duffy, a former student at Ignatius Park College, led the Mal Meninga Cup in 2021 with 84 points from six appearances for the Townsville Blackhawks.

The Bulldogs are facing their latest overhaul with the nine players coming off-contract this year at long odds to remain at the club.

Matt Doorey, Matt Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reece Hoffman, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan and Brandon Wakeham will all struggle to earn contracts following the club’s woeful start to the year.

A $400,000 signing from the Melbourne Storm, Stimson could be headed to the Super League following an injury-plagued three year stint at Canterbury.

The bloodshed at Belmore is expected to also include contracted players following the shock defection of Brent Naden to the Wests Tigers.

Jack Hetherington, who is contracted until the end or 2023, has already been linked to rival clubs while the club has been shopping around several players including Corey Allan and Kyle Flanagan and Corey Waddell.
Matt Doorey - bye
Matt Dufty - gone
Raymond Faitala-Mariner - keep - cheap contract
Reece Hoffman - keep
Tui Katoa - bye
Joe Stimson - fuck off asap
Jackson Topine - keep
Paul Vaughan - keep
Brandon Wakeham - bye

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Matt Doorey - bye
Matt Dufty - gone
Reece Hoffman - keep
Tui Katoa - bye
Jackson Topine - keep
Paul Vaughan - keep
Brandon Wakeham - bye
Exactly this !!

Now enter
COBBO - SENSATION
MUNSTER - FUCK YES
WALSH - X FACTOR

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Promising signing getting Duffy. I don't know much about him but he looks good. Getting youngsters like that before they hit FG is the best way to potentially find quality playmakers on the cheap. Hopefully he can make the transition and have a role in FG eventually.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually dont think any of those 3 leave their current club.
I think If any .. Walsh could be enticed, given the fact he’s Australian, won’t want to go back to NZ when they do, and if he gets an offer to play under Gus and coached by Flanno and stay in Aussie and be a blue and white sensation.. it’s gotta be a good motivator!!

Fuck playing for the once were warriors when he could play for the MIGHTY BULLDOGS. He would Be even more loved here. Our fans would go nuts for him. The warriors don’t deserve that talent.. and he would look amazing in the blue and white. IM a HUGE fan., so do forgive my WANT lol.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matt Doorey - bye
Matt Dufty - gone
Reece Hoffman - keep
Tui Katoa - bye
Jackson Topine - keep
Paul Vaughan - keep
Brandon Wakeham - bye
I know the club is trying to turn Hoffman into a backrower - he might be going well but i just dont notice him when watching NSW cup - rest i agree with.

I would hope the club could find one of those tall backrowers type that nth qld seem to have plenty of - athletic, hard to tackle

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know the club is trying to turn Hoffman into a backrower - he might be going well but i just dont notice him when watching NSW cup - rest i agree with.

I would hope the club could find one of those tall backrowers type that nth qld seem to have plenty of - athletic, hard to tackle
I have Stucky ahead of him atm. Don't be surprised to see him in FG later this year.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Way too early to make the call, however wouldn't it be a beautiful closure of the JT debacle if we could pinch a #7 from the cows who ends up being a club ledged at the Dogs!
If we do get him & he has half the career of JT we will be miles ahead of where we have been for years!!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Stucky ahead of him atm. Don't be surprised to see him in FG later this year.
Stuckey looks better in the middle - Gus replied to a twitter i sent re the Flegg middles - he replied that they are signed for next year - at least one of Hughes Kalati Cox and Todd i would think would develop into a quality middle.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stuckey looks better in the middle - Gus replied to a twitter i sent re the Flegg middles - he replied that they are signed for next year - at least one of Hughes Kalati Cox and Todd i would think would develop into a quality middle.
100% Stucky is a middle.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who said not much $$ on Stimson…. 400k??? Fucking pathetic.
The club knows how to waste cap n top 30 spts - first graders(?) from other clubs signed over the last few years - DWZ, Stimson, Woods Naden Foran Allan Burns
100% Stucky is a middle.
Do you now if the club sees Rajab as a potential fullback?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The club knows how to waste cap n top 30 spts - first graders(?) from other clubs signed over the last few years - DWZ, Stimson, Woods Naden Foran Allan Burns

Do you now if the club sees Rajab as a potential fullback?
Haven't heard much but is rated by Gus.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score