Opinion This weeks team

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please no more Josh Jackson, for fuck sake.
I'm not giving up on him quite yet. I think he was used incorrectly under Baz, definitely not playing to his strengths, if anything his weaknesses. Defence, amount of work he gets through and leadership he's going to be in the team, similar to someone like Finucane who would cop the exact same criticism if he was here imo.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be because hes playing how Barrett is telling him to play ,he might kill it and play very well for the remainder of the year under a new coach but if he doesn't then he will never be a good footballer. Same goes for the rest of the players .
I’ve always wondered this. He lives at home with his dad still, you’d think he’d be offering tips to him. Yet he still wouldn’t dig into the line, just catch and pass. You’d assume he was playing to Barrett’s game plan. You just don’t lose your football talent overnight.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve always wondered this. He lives at home with his dad still, you’d think he’d be offering tips to him. Yet he still wouldn’t dig into the line, just catch and pass. You’d assume he was playing to Barrett’s game plan. You just don’t lose your football talent overnight.
true

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I assume that the 24 to be named today will be sorted out over Gould's lunch with the assistant coaches - regardless of the final 17 i hope the 24 does not include Dufty, Naden and Okunbor - start sending the message that not improving your weakness, repeating the same mistakes, repeated lack of effort and urgency will no longer be rewarded.

Names id like to see included in the 24 Kiraz and Morrin - both are high energy players both have been consistently the better players in NSW Cup - will make mistakes but do so trying things as opposed to watching things happen with looks of bewilderment.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I assume that the 24 to be named today will be sorted out over Gould's lunch with the assistant coaches - regardless of the final 17 i hope the 24 does not include Dufty, Naden and Okunbor - start sending the message that not improving your weakness, repeating the same mistakes, repeated lack of effort and urgency will no longer be rewarded.

Names id like to see included in the 24 Kiraz and Morrin - both are high energy players both have been consistently the better players in NSW Cup - will make mistakes but do so trying things as opposed to watching things happen with looks of bewilderment.
It'd hard. It's not the time to make drastic changes. And Gus is well aware that these things need to be managed. But I'm sure we will see some changes. Maybe TPJ into the middle.