This Week's RLW Graham, Hasler and Coffs and a 1984 Team Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick Potter
Oh and Andrew Farrer ( Steelers and Dragons Coach) wow that's like x6 first grade coaches....maybe more ... Is that Paul Langmack in the middle back row? ( coached soufs in 2003-2004 ) his record was 35 games...5 wins...1 draw ..and 29 loses...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How good was that 84 side? The who's who of Bulldogs alumni right there and Bullfrog to top it all off!

Ahh the memories....
I drove up from Melbourne for that Grand Final.
First long car trip as only got my license August 1984.
Very close game but I always thought we would win.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I drove up from Melbourne for that Grand Final.
First long car trip as only got my license August 1984.
Very close game but I always thought we would win.
So envious man, a lot of the younge brigade will never get to feel the love that the 80's Bulldogs gave us...I saw the game on tv but would've been amazing to be there.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So envious man, a lot of the younge brigade will never get to feel the love that the 80's Bulldogs gave us...I saw the game on tv but would've been amazing to be there.
I know amazing team.
Finished 3rd in 1983 are rebuilding and put in massive performance 1984, minor premiers and put an end to the premiership run of a pretty good Parramatta team.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give the captaincy to floppaoate
Let him do a Gidley and captain from the sidelines

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
"Twleve years after the infamous Coffs Harbour sexual assault case ripped the Canterbury Bulldogs apart"

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE WENT ON THE SMASH PARRAMATTA 48-14 IN ROUND ONE, AND WENT ON TO WIN THE PREMIERSHIP FROM THERE.

RIPPED US APART LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How much difference does captain really make these days? Seems to me they are mostly there for when the ref wants to hear the sound of his own voice so calls the captain over to tell them how to play football "now go back and talk to your team" which inevitably ends with the captain running back into position and not passing on anything the ref just said.

The Bulldogs should just draw the captain out of a hat before each game for all the difference the captaincy actually makes, or better yet, don't name one at all, just to mess with the refs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much difference does captain really make these days? Seems to me they are mostly there for when the ref wants to hear the sound of his own voice so calls the captain over to tell them how to play football "now go back and talk to your team" which inevitably ends with the captain running back into position and not passing on anything the ref just said.

The Bulldogs should just draw the captain out of a hat before each game for all the difference the captaincy actually makes, or better yet, don't name one at all, just to mess with the refs.
I think it's pretty important look at the way Cameron Smith manipulates the refs and has them eating out of his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.