This or that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Gibsons look better so I'll go with that, however someone who plays the guitar will be able to make a decision based on sound rather than looks.

Taking a step back... Firefox or Opera?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gibsons look better so I'll go with that, however someone who plays the guitar will be able to make a decision based on sound rather than looks.

Taking a step back... Firefox or Opera?
Firefox. That was the shit. Android or IOS?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Firefox. That was the shit. Android or IOS?
Shit that's a tough one. At the moment, I'll say android, just, due to the universal usability of the devices.

WIRELESS STANDARD keyboard and mouse, or WIRED GAMER keyboard and mouse?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit that's a tough one. At the moment, I'll say android, just, due to the universal usability of the devices.

WIRELESS STANDARD keyboard and mouse, or WIRED GAMER keyboard and mouse?
I hate wireless. Wired for the win.

Xbox or PlayStation?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate wireless. Wired for the win.

Xbox or PlayStation?
I know I'll burn in Kennel Hell for saying this but... Playstation.

I love my Xbox but the exclusives are better on Playstation.

What's more important.... high resolution (4k instead of 1080p) or high frame rate (60 fps instead of 30 fps)?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What's more important.... high resolution (4k instead of 1080p) or high frame rate (60 fps instead of 30 fps)?
High frame rate for me.
Xbox
Just because.

80s or 90's
I was born in the 90s but I wish I was around for the 80s.

Bulldogs fold and no longer compete in the NRL. You gotta support Parra or South's?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
High frame rate for me.I was born in the 90s but I wish I was around for the 80s.

Bulldogs fold and no longer compete in the NRL. You gotta support Parra or South's?
Parra. I really, really, really hate Souths.

Soccer or Football? (meaning, what do you call the sport played in the EPL and A-League?)

Wahesh

Reaction score

We humans can only process 29.97 fps, so I think anything more than 30 is just a waste, so higher resolution.
High frame rate for me.I was born in the 90s but I wish I was around for the 80s.

None. EVER. I'd probably have a softer spot for Souths because Parra are our mortal enemies.

Sydney FC or Sydney Swans?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Parra. I really, really, really hate Souths.

Soccer or Football? (meaning, what do you call the sport played in the EPL and A-League?)
Soccer. Soccer is a code of football. Plus we live in Australia where referred to as soccer. Calling it football becomes too confusing.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soccer. Soccer is a code of football. Plus we live in Australia where referred to as soccer. Calling it football becomes too confusing.

Sydney Swans. Fuck Sydney FC

GAYFL or soccer?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We humans can only process 29.97 fps, so I think anything more than 30 is just a waste, so higher resolution.
I know I've mentioned this to you before but that is a myth.

The myth is based on the way humans process single images. Humans can process individual images if they are shown slower than 30 frames per second. That means if you saw 28 completely different images in 1 second you could realistically process every image, but you wouldn't remember every detail of the image.

Over this speed humans process the frames as motion. If the frames are different they become blurry but if the frames are similar then they become a motion. If humans couldn't process this then playing a game at 144hz would just be a blurry mess.

Humans can detect up to around 1000 frames per second depending on the person. But every person can recognise frame lag up to at least 45 frames per second. This means that if you showed something 45 frames per second and something 30 frames per second anyone in the world with eyesight could tell you the difference. Most people are able to detect the difference between 80 and 90 frames per second and most people who game more than 6 hours per week could tell the difference between 120fps and 144fps.

Neither. Screw 'em both.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I know I've mentioned this to you before but that is a myth.

The myth is based on the way humans process single images. Humans can process individual images if they are shown slower than 30 frames per second. That means if you saw 28 completely different images in 1 second you could realistically process every image, but you wouldn't remember every detail of the image.

Over this speed humans process the frames as motion. If the frames are different they become blurry but if the frames are similar then they become a motion. If humans couldn't process this then playing a game at 144hz would just be a blurry mess.

Humans can detect up to around 1000 frames per second depending on the person. But every person can recognise frame lag up to at least 45 frames per second. This means that if you showed something 45 frames per second and something 30 frames per second anyone in the world with eyesight could tell you the difference. Most people are able to detect the difference between 80 and 90 frames per second and most people who game more than 6 hours per week could tell the difference between 120fps and 144fps.

Neither. Screw 'em both.
Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.