This is probably an unpopular opionion - Mick Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe that Mick Ennis is detrimental to our team's performance. I know he brings great leadership, especially with talking to the refs but i reckon he is slow out of dummy half, get's rag dolled in defence (Frank Paul was pushing him away like he was Sandow!), he takes wrong options consistantly and his service is not always the best. Because of the lack of an attacking half back we need to have a threat out of dummy half - Mick Ennis is not that player.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ennis has been great for us this year, can't agree.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are watching different games.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I believe that Mick Ennis is detrimental to our team's performance. I know he brings great leadership, especially with talking to the refs but i reckon he is slow out of dummy half, get's rag dolled in defence (Frank Paul was pushing him away like he was Sandow!), he takes wrong options consistantly and his service is not always the best. Because of the lack of an attacking half back we need to have a threat out of dummy half - Mick Ennis is not that player.
His D is fkn great, he leads from the front and puts his body on the line can't fault him there. He isn't very big so will not always complete the tackle one on one, but that happens to all hookers.
In attack he has been better in recent weeks but he does lack creativity and doesn't offer too much. Needs to run the ball from dummy half more imo.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe that Nate Dawg is detrimental to the kennel. I know he brings retarded opinions, especially with talking about our captain, but i reckon he is slow between the ears, has no idea (He makes Biliris posts look like he was Barry Ward), he has wrong opinions consistantly and his grammar is not always the best. Because of the lack of meaningful posters we need to have smart people create threads about Mick Ennis - Nate Dawg is not that poster.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me, he is starting to look old very quickly. I am not saying he is not a good, solid performer, but with our halves we need more than that, we need a spark. Also, i think he puts his body on the line all the time too (first contact is always backwards), i would never question Mick Ennis' commitment or profesionalsim to the game - i just think for us to win the comp we need someone more creative. I hope i am wrong cause i know Ennis will be the hooker for the rest of the year. His value as a leader is unquestioned - his ability as an indivual player in the team - i think we need better. Whats more valuable?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like i said, i knew it was going to be an unpopular opinion. But it's what i think.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am one of his biggest detractors but I don't believe he is anywhere near our problem atm. He needs his kicking licence revoked again though.

D

DEBS

You are 100% correct. Mick Ennis, is not the player he was. He will never play origin again, unless 4-5 hookers break a leg. He is disrespectful to referres, lacks pace from dummy half. He has been around for almost 10 years, and like benji Marshall, he is past his use by date.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its his job to question the refs decisions and make them think twice about rorting us, but also believe his kicking game is ordinary, all he has to do is tap it over the line, not boot it it out.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Ennis is our problem. We need a halfback who can be more creative and run the ball. If our forwards are shut down, we simply have nothing in attack.

Ennis leads by example, tackles his ring off and gives everything, unlike some of our other players. Ennis is not the player he used to be in attack, but he is still a very valuable player for our team. Have you seen how we go when he goes off injured in the past or doesn't play?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please rewatch our defensive structure before and after Ennis went off against Souths. While you're at it, please also rewatch the game from last year (vs Manly?) when Ennis briefly went off with a rib injury.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
WOW, considering all the other issues we have, you decide to target Ennis? He is the least of our problems, i dont even think he registers as a problem. Remember he didnt play against the Raiders last year and we lost. He came off in the souths game earlier in the year and our defence left with him.

He plays a massive part to our team, given he is no bullet out of dummy half but you cannot say he is our problem.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Agree to a point. Ennis is tragically uncreative and predictable. He's not anywhere near the type of player that could best serve us out of dummy half. I think he was made captain by default and if Graham had been around a bit longer it would have been him named.

I have said this on numerous occassions but also stated clearly on others that his form had turned around and given him credit. atm he is what he is but at some point fairly soon he will be completely pedestrian. I think if Reynolds played at DH,at least for some part of the game, we would see the type of creative,roll on play we'd like to see.

People on here have a hard on for Ennis but if he played elsewhere he'd be criticised by the same people imo.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The least of our problems. Ennis leads from the front and he isn't a weakness in our side. If all our players tackled like Ennis we wouldn't concede any points.

I agree that he is not creative but the theory that you need a creative 9 to win a competition is not accurate.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you realise he is only following the game plan given to him by Des. It was well document in various interview last year that Des wanted him the change his style from previous years des thought it didn't complement the team that being straight running out dummy half and wanted more ball movement.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis leads from the front every week.

He wears his heart on his sleeve and our team struggles with him off the field.

I know what you mean when you say he doesn't have spark or creative flair but he does a great job and is an old school type dummy half that tackles anything that moves and gets our forwards over the advantage line.

In my opinion we do lack a ball player but replacing Ennis is not the answer.

I agree his kicking game and his kicking options are terrible. He should not be allowed to kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.