This Club's Darkest Hour Since 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like 2008 but without anything to look forward to the next year. It's going to get worse.
We haven’t hit the bottom yet!
This is worse than 08 and 2019 will be even worse!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 2008 we had major injuries and playing a lot of reserves. This year we have a decent line up with a few infills... so yes this would have to be the hardest years to support the bulldog brand...

Karl

Waterboy
Reaction score
Frawley / Marshall- King - Absolute Disgrace

Where is the coaching staff and leadership of the club (The board). What I have witnessed in today’s game against the Titans is that our pairing halves are an absolute disgrace. What Marshall-King did today was not even reserve grade standard.

Both Frawley / Marshall- King have no direction in their kicking game. When you see your players have deficiencies in their game, you work on improving their skills until they master the outcome you want. Everyone playing in first grade is capable of achieving great heights. It is then the responsibility of the coach (if he is a good one) to develop those skills against the game-plan you have to win matches ( refer to Melbourne coach).

The question that needs to be asked is whether Dean Pay has the coaching prowess and the ability to make ordinary players into great players.

We all know that the Bulldogs mindset of old is the will to win and drive the opposing backwards.

What Frawley / Marshall- King displayed today is the icing on the cake of how poor and disgusting Dean Pay and his coaching staff have been without addressing our poor kicking game. I will not accept any excuse that our halves are shit. I identify a problem - therefore I work day and night to get the skill I want from my players to deliver on the field. As CEO of my business, if my staff can’t deliver the outcome I want, I train them day and night to become what they want to achieve in their life. Football is no different.

This is a challenge NOW for the coaching staff and the new board to stand up and deliver and stop offering excuses that we don’t have the players to do the job for us.

If majority of our close losses hinged on our halves pairing, then I don’t sit back and accept their weaknesses. I invite the past elite players that can train our halves on how to read a game, when to kick, get repeat set of six etc; you will then notice something is being done about. But after today’s game this is a disgrace to Dean Pay and his coaching staff, the NEW Board and all Bulldogs passionate supporters.

In life, I have learned that I was not supposed to achieve greatness in every I set for myself. But, time and time again, you can achieve Everything if you have the WILL.

THIS IS NOTICE TO THE COACHING STAFF AND THE NEW BOARD - “FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION”.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Team is shit. Breaker my spirit and heart. Coach is now questioned by me too

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In all seriousness besides klemmer and Jackson the rest are ducking rubbish. Rfm excluded sorry!

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's speak the truth. The club is an embarrassment.
- Des Hasler is laughing his ass off. Okay, he stuffed up big time but he is probably saying right now 'see they thought by sacking me they are going to do well, but they are worse'.
- I would love to see the look on Lynne's face. When she got elected she said 'my dad will be proud'. I am going to fix this mess'. Well we are definitely much worse this year compared to last year.
- Ray Dib is probably saying 'pfft people thought getting rid of me was a good thing'
- Jim Dymmock- is easily saying 'what a shit coach Pay is' and 'serves them right, I would have done a better job'.
- Josh reynolds and his brother are probably also trying to justify their worth.

The club is a joke. We are an embarrassment. We have not been able to perform to justify the decisions we have made in the past few months. Instead of turning the tables around this year to give it to Des and Dib we are actually making them think it was not their fault. We are making Reynolds think he was the reason the dogs were good. Soo annoyed right now
You are not wrong, they are all laughing at the state of the club right now.

We have no cap space
A rookie coach
No playmakers
No depth
And no change to the above in site anytime soon
Cap space - yeh but the whole point of releasing Mbye is to clear space (and I thought that by Mbye getting a release means we should be entirely off the hook for his contract). Same with Woods, albeit we’re going to pay some freight it seems. Maybe we’ll get away with medically retiring Foran.

Rookie coach - im giving Pay the benefit of the doubt...for now. It doesn’t help that he doesn’t have the cattle.

No playmakers - I completely agree with you. I’d say drop Frawley and move JMK back to hooker, but who would take their spots? From what I’ve read here, the jury’s out on Lewis.

Depth - Anderson has taken charge of recruitment, so at least there’s going to be accountability if he stuffs it up.

Always darkest before the dawn, but I’m hoping that as slow and as painful as it is, we’ve got some change in the right direction coming

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
- Des Hasler is laughing his ass off. Okay, he stuffed up big time but he is probably saying right now 'see they thought by sacking me they are going to do well, but they are worse'.
- I would love to see the look on Lynne's face. When she got elected she said 'my dad will be proud'. I am going to fix this mess'. Well we are definitely much worse this year compared to last year.
- Ray Dib is probably saying 'pfft people thought getting rid of me was a good thing'
- Jim Dymmock- is easily saying 'what a shit coach Pay is' and 'serves them right, I would have done a better job'.
- Josh reynolds and his brother are probably also trying to justify their worth.

The club is a joke. We are an embarrassment. We have not been able to perform to justify the decisions we have made in the past few months. Instead of turning the tables around this year to give it to Des and Dib we are actually making them think it was not their fault. We are making Reynolds think he was the reason the dogs were good. Soo annoyed right now
I think you are a bit rough in saying that Anderson should have had this fixed by now. It's gonna take a few years not months. This is a MONSTER re-build, probably the biggest re-build required in NRL history.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Where is the coaching staff and leadership of the club (The board). What I have witnessed in today’s game against the Titans is that our pairing halves are an absolute disgrace. What Marshall-King did today was not even reserve grade standard.

Both Frawley / Marshall- King have no direction in their kicking game. When you see your players have deficiencies in their game, you work on improving their skills until they master the outcome you want. Everyone playing in first grade is capable of achieving great heights. It is then the responsibility of the coach (if he is a good one) to develop those skills against the game-plan you have to win matches ( refer to Melbourne coach).

The question that needs to be asked is whether Dean Pay has the coaching prowess and the ability to make ordinary players into great players.

We all know that the Bulldogs mindset of old is the will to win and drive the opposing backwards.

What Frawley / Marshall- King displayed today is the icing on the cake of how poor and disgusting Dean Pay and his coaching staff have been without addressing our poor kicking game. I will not accept any excuse that our halves are shit. I identify a problem - therefore I work day and night to get the skill I want from my players to deliver on the field. As CEO of my business, if my staff can’t deliver the outcome I want, I train them day and night to become what they want to achieve in their life. Football is no different.

This is a challenge NOW for the coaching staff and the new board to stand up and deliver and stop offering excuses that we don’t have the players to do the job for us.

If majority of our close losses hinged on our halves pairing, then I don’t sit back and accept their weaknesses. I invite the past elite players that can train our halves on how to read a game, when to kick, get repeat set of six etc; you will then notice something is being done about. But after today’s game this is a disgrace to Dean Pay and his coaching staff, the NEW Board and all Bulldogs passionate supporters.

In life, I have learned that I was not supposed to achieve greatness in every I set for myself. But, time and time again, you can achieve Everything if you have the WILL.

THIS IS NOTICE TO THE COACHING STAFF AND THE NEW BOARD - “FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION”.
But, what if this is the BEST that can bet gotten our of these players? Perhaps they were never good enough in the first place & have already reached the peak in their NRL careers.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't watch any more. 15 to go. Obvious that Montoya. Frawley. JMK. Liccha all have to go. Morris bros. sorely missed today. Have to re-sign them next year or we're done for 2019. Pay does not have a clue. How Montoya keeps getting selected is beyond me. Sack Pay for next year and get an NRL standard coach. Otherwise I won't be watching next year. I have been following the Bulldogs since 1968. It will be sad to not watch them. But it is too painful. Plus I have other priorities like a very sick wife. Let's hope there is a ray of sunshine sooner than later. One thing I do know is that Pay is not the answer.
Hope your wife is OK. The last you need is to worry over her, and have a team that is causing you angst.
I had to go past Belmore today on my way home from work. I was watching on my 'phone, and couldn't even bring myself to look over at the game as we passed on the train - I was gutted; and on the point of absolute disgust with them.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is actually disgusting. Very embarrassed right now. I would quit if i were the players and i would quit if i was Dean Pay. Disgusting
Digusting, disgraceful, embarrassing, shameful, pathetic, insulting - a blight on the name of the club, and a slap in the face of the fans. They might as well go down to the club and spend the remainder of the season training their right arms as they get drunk at the bar; and let a 70 year old, like myself, take the field and show them how to play.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was working so i didnt get the chance to watch the game. It seems like today was a new rock bottom?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cap space - yeh but the whole point of releasing Mbye is to clear space (and I thought that by Mbye getting a release means we should be entirely off the hook for his contract). Same with Woods, albeit we’re going to pay some freight it seems. Maybe we’ll get away with medically retiring Foran.

Rookie coach - im giving Pay the benefit of the doubt...for now. It doesn’t help that he doesn’t have the cattle.

No playmakers - I completely agree with you. I’d say drop Frawley and move JMK back to hooker, but who would take their spots? From what I’ve read here, the jury’s out
We have the rest of the year to see about Lewis and a few others.

As I understand it we are off the hook for MBye after this year. This year the Tigers have him for nothing. We will pay out this year.

I can wear this as it helps us moving forward. As this year is gone!

Any thoughts of letting Woods go needs to be shelved. Unless his full contract is picked up elsewhere, he is a Dog.

If we had anyone at the club that could run a team we would be much higher up the ladder.

The effort is there. The lack of a Spine “at all” has killed us. We don’t have a single Spine player that would make any other NRL side.
How does recruitment go that wrong?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson isn’t exactly setting the world on fire either. He tries hard but makes errors with the ball in hand and offers nothing in attack. He should be playing lock

Very true, his numbers are down and the errors are up. I think it's because he's trying too hard to create something due to our halves being useless.
Today apart from him and klemmer the rest of the team seemed not to give a toss

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily, i don't remember much cause at about 3:20pm I switched to bourbon. I'm guessing I didn't do that cause the dogs were playing awesome at sacred Belmore.

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
2008 was bad, especially after the highs of the early stages of the decade.
Not to mention we had Tim Winitana and Heka Nanai.

2018 is worse. Don't see us getting anywhere near the top for atleast 3 years and even then we're not guaranteed anything other than being competitive in the player market and having some stability in promoting good juniors - something we desperately need but it won't necessarily win us a premiership.
2018 is much worse in comparison, not to mention we have Frawley, Montoya, Lichaa, Foran and three of them are spine players.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
2008 was bad, especially after the highs of the early stages of the decade.
Not to mention we had Tim Winitana and Heka Nanai.

2018 is worse. Don't see us getting anywhere near the top for atleast 3 years and even then we're not guaranteed anything other than being competitive in the player market and having some stability in promoting good juniors - something we desperately need but it won't necessarily win us a premiership.
2018 is much worse in comparison, not to mention we have Frawley, Montoya, Lichaa, Foran and three of them are spine players.
These are dark days; but there will come a time when you can tell younger fans how you stayed true to the club during its darkest hours. I won't live that long; but you will; and you can enjoy watching our team play like the Dogs should play.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In all seriousness besides klemmer and Jackson the rest are ducking rubbish. Rfm excluded sorry!
RFM dogged it twice today that I saw.
Any other year he would have been hooked today.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson isn’t exactly setting the world on fire either. He tries hard but makes errors with the ball in hand and offers nothing in attack. He should be playing lock
He's so much better at lock but Pay is so fucking incompetent to see it. All of Jacksons effective runs are back in through the middle rather than on an edge. He's much better at running in behind the ruck or cutting back at an angle instead of attempting to run a line. He is perfectly suited to lock.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The correct analogy of our clubs current situation is like, you mortgage your house to the hilt so as to have a great long happy holiday, you then get back home and you realise that you're not earning enough to pay off the interest let alone the mortgage.
Anyone singing Des's praise is to stupid to know that by backending players contracts is just like borrowing money and Des did it big big time and now we're paying for it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's so much better at lock but Pay is so fucking incompetent to see it. All of Jacksons effective runs are back in through the middle rather than on an edge. He's much better at running in behind the ruck or cutting back at an angle instead of attempting to run a line. He is perfectly suited to lock.
I guess Pay sees something we don’t? It’s not as if Jackson is needed on the right edge when Martin had been playing so well there?
I’m seeing a lot blame going to Des/Dib/Castle but what is Pay doing to make this playing group better?

Status
Not open for further replies.