Stuff you collect

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I used to collect retro video game consoles and games. They now sit back home collecting dust sadly.

I might start selling them off when I come back home layer in the year.
I got rid of most of my old consoles, but still collect Nintendo Game and Watches. Whose old enough to know what they are? They were massive at my school in the 80s. Hint: Turtle Bridge, Donkey Kong Jr, Fire, Bombsweeper, and i have about 15 others. There are about 60 of them to collect. They are a few hundred bucks each these days with a box and in good nick. Mine are all mint, so about $300 average. Oldest one i have is made in 1980. I still play them randomly. Most are running all the time. Batteries for them are still easy to get cheap on ebay. Still like modern video games, but also love the old stuff

I also have hundreds of old arcade games on mame using emuloader. I collect those, but they are free. I love stuff from my childhood. You do that when you get older.

Last edited:

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So does anyone here collect anything?
Someone suggested making a die cast of Hasler . I would like to think they have broken the mould now.
I actually used to collect watches. I have particular taste in watches though. They MUST be Swiss made. I will not accept anything else. Also, they MUST be analogue (not digital, I refuse to by any of that smart watch b/s), and they MUST be NUMBERED 1-12 on the hour hand. I will not accept the watches that just had dots on the hours, or had roman numerals...no... NUMBERED 1-12.

No rubber/silicon bands either. Only leather or metallic.

Anyway... watches were too expensive to keep up with as I wouldn't even look at something under $200, so I stopped my collection at 7, which includes 3 military watches.

Now I'm onto my next thing, die-cast model cars.

Again, detail is important to me, so Match Box or Hot Wheels cars don't even get a mention. The cars MUST be replicas of real cars, not the fake space-aged shit. I will not even bother touching something if the lights are simply painted on. I want them to be at the very minimum plastic transparent lights (clear for the front lights, transparent red for the rear lights).

If the model is made of plastic, LOL, no chance. Metal only.

At the moment I have 5 cars from the Fast & Furious franchise, and also a few other American v8 cars - Camaro SS both 67 and 2015, Shelby Cobra, Nova SS 1969 - paint-job is identical to the image below (it looks red but is actually hot pink).

I also have a 2012 Bulldogs Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2013 Bulldogs Toyota Rav 4.

On my list, I am also after a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500, Ford Raptor, Toyota Tundra (all 3 duel cab) and a Pagani Zonda Roadster.

Once I get all those 4, my life will once again have no meaning. Then I'll need a new hobby :tearsofjoy:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I collect footy cards and retro games, haven't bought anything for a while though. I usually go through periods of addiction and splurge a bunch of money every so often.

With ebay its difficult to find a bargain these days but sometimes you get lucky.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I got rid of most of my old consoles, but still collect Nintendo Game and Watches. Whose old enough to know what they are? They were massive at my school in the 80s. Hint: Turtle Bridge, Donkey Kong Jr, Fire, Bombsweeper, and i have about 15 others. There are about 60 of them to collect. They are a few hundred bucks each these days with a box and in good nick. Mine are all mint, so about $300 average. Oldest one i have is made in 1980. I still play them randomly. Most are running all the time. Batteries for them are still easy to get cheap on ebay. Still like modern video games, but also love the old stuff

I also have hundreds of old arcade games on mame using emuloader. I collect those, but they are free. I love stuff from my childhood. You do that when you get older.
Fuk yea.
I used to have Zelda, donkey Kong, bombsweeper, safebuster, oil panic and squish.
I wonder if they're still at my Mum's house ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Oh,
Greenhouse too.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Shit,
Gold cliff as well.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People trying to be famous.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm burning. I bought one of these back in 1995 for $7 - a G.I. Joe action figure called Ice Cream Soldier (don't let the name fool you, he's a flamethrower). Any I misplaced my one and I can't find the damn thing anywhere for less than $50 on eBay.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved my Donkey Kong Game & Watch..but it got a bit boring after playing it for hours on end so I used to play it upside down for some variety!! Ps Do you remember Oil Panic!?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm burning. I bought one of these back in 1995 for $7 - a G.I. Joe action figure called Ice Cream Soldier (don't let the name fool you, he's a flamethrower). Any I misplaced my one and I can't find the damn thing anywhere for less than $50 on eBay.

Gee prices change..I remember when they were trying to get rid of original Return of the Jedi figures for like $2..look at em now..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Gee prices change..I remember when they were trying to get rid of original Return of the Jedi figures for like $2..look at em now..
Tell me about it. It's a price rise due to supply and demand and given it's a vintage 22 year old figure.

If you're a star wars fan, head over to your local Reject Shop. They've got action figures in there now for like $5. Imagine what they'll be worth in a few years.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me about it. It's a price rise due to supply and demand and given it's a vintage 22 year old figure.

If you're a star wars fan, head over to your local Reject Shop. They've got action figures in there now for like $5. Imagine what they'll be worth in a few years.
But do you think more people are aware and collect things.. So they keep things in the pack and put em way.. The thing about the original Star Wars action figures is most kids played with em..so to find them still in the package is rare..hence their premium price.. It certainly will be interesting to see what happens in the future with all this collectable stuff..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Ahhh the dawn of home gaming..superb!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was over my parents the other day found an old drum full of star wars figures the had missing arms burnt from magnifying glass , chewed by dogs ect .if only i kept the ***** in the package lol