Stuff you collect

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Going a little left-field here, Hot Wheels have released another batch of Real Riders (cars that have wheels made from actual tyre rubber) and they called this batch Silhouettes. I've seen a few of these in the shops as of late, even at discount prices... but I just don't want them. They don't appeal to me at all... so I'm giving these ones the miss. I'm proud of myself :grinning:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are nice mate, and a unique collectors item too. Have you got any of them valued?
only one i got valued were the williams smithfield original pipe steels, they between 440 and 600 each

have a very good collection of old cut throat razors and shavers as well

Wahesh

Reaction score
He has the only known Hot Pink Kombi from the first circulation that came off the assembly.

Full Story

So 50 Kombis were made, only 2 of them were hot pink. Hot Pink is the most expensive type of metallic paint when it comes to cars, so naturally, all die cast cars that are this colour are just that bit more expensive. The Kombis were then found to have an error in them. They couldn't fit inside the packaging that Hot Wheels had at the time, so they were discontinued, and did not go out. The 50 that were made however went out between the workers at the factory. Of the 2 Hot Pink ones, one of them no one has any idea where it is - perhaps broken and beaten by some employers kids back in 1968 and ended up in the bin. The other is with Bruce Pascal. It is the most expensive Hot Wheels car in the world... $150,000 (USD).

The surfboards in the back are removable.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He has the only known Hot Pink Kombi from the first circulation that came off the assembly.

Full Story

So 50 Kombis were made, only 2 of them were hot pink. Hot Pink is the most expensive type of metallic paint when it comes to cars, so naturally, all die cast cars that are this colour are just that bit more expensive. The Kombis were then found to have an error in them. They couldn't fit inside the packaging that Hot Wheels had at the time, so they were discontinued, and did not go out. The 50 that were made however went out between the workers at the factory. Of the 2 Hot Pink ones, one of them no one has any idea where it is - perhaps broken and beaten by some employers kids back in 1968 and ended up in the bin. The other is with Bruce Pascal. It is the most expensive Hot Wheels car in the world... $150,000 (USD).

The surfboards in the back are removable.

Buy one, respray it professionally, claim to be the second owner :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
Right... so this bloke in the office just told me that his 'partner' is an avid collector of Barbie. He has 10's of thousands of them - so much so that he needs to rent a storage facility to hold them in, and the collection has it's own insurance policy. Every now and then they need to upgrade to a bigger storage area as his collection just grows. His 'partner' won't even let him touch them in case he hasn't washed his hands etc etc...

Overkill much?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Gee's it only took forever but I FINALLY completed the Fast & Furious Real Riders Wave 3 set.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm only saying this for my homeboy @Scoooby - brother, these are 2 HW I picked up last year :grinning:

^ There's actually a Scooby figurine inside...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm only saying this for my homeboy @Scoooby - brother, these are 2 HW I picked up last year :grinning:

^ There's actually a Scooby figurine inside...

Oh very nice lol... awesome collection Brother Wahesh, thanks for the special mention :-)

Wahesh

Reaction score
scooby.jpg

A mate just had to tease me and send me photos of these beauties which I will never have :(

The Bel Air Gasser on the left is worth a minimum of $600. Metalflake pink is at the pedestal of die-cast car paint colours, the price of any vehicle in the colour automatically skyrockets. That's why Hot Wheels releases them very rarely. The tyres for these diecasts are both real rubber... not plastic. That's why they refer to them as Real Riders (these days).

However the Nova Gasser on the right, while in Metalflake purple (not as expensive as pink) is worth more because of the vehicle itself. If anyone here happens to have either of these cars, you're sitting on a gold mine.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I collect an wear expensive fragrance/parfum. have a signature scent of corse, have my work scent, have my easy grabs and even night scents lol.. it’s an expensive hobbie!! Especially when some 100ml bottles cost $700+ :tired: But hey. Can’t put a price on smelling great daily 8-)

In fact I have one for every occasion. Dress it up, dress it down,clubbing, dates, casual.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I collect an wear expensive fragrance/parfum. have a signature scent of corse, have my work scent, have my easy grabs and even night scents lol.. it’s an expensive hobbie!! Especially when some 100ml bottles cost $700+ :tired: But hey. Can’t put a price on smelling great daily 8-)

In fact I have one for every occasion. Dress it up, dress it down,clubbing, dates, casual.
Yeah mate, love aftershave. It's satisfying putting some on after scraping off the 5pm shadow :grinning:

The best one I've got is Gucci Envy. Love it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate, love aftershave. It's satisfying putting some on after scraping off the 5pm shadow :grinning:

The best one I've got is Gucci Envy. Love it.

Best one I have, well one of my many is creed aventus
Zoologist panda
And parfums de Marley

I Like D&G and Versace as well. But most of mine are all high end fragrances.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Best one I have, well one of my many is creed aventus
Zoologist panda
And parfums de Marley

I Like D&G and Versace as well. But most of mine are all high end fragrances.
You notice the best smelling fragrances are also the ones with the best bottle design?