Stuff you collect

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just in case anyone was wondering, no, I haven't stopped. In fact the 2019 models came in today :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

This is how I spent my lunchbreak today FFS...

I like your passion for your hobby.

I don't so much collect anything but i like shoes and watches, I'm into Adidas mainly Ultraboost and Yeezys... watches i have a passion for but unfortunately, the watches i love are so expensive like AP, Patek, RM, although i do own a rolex day just 41 which i worked hard for and bought after my first son was born in Dec 2017.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I like your passion for your hobby.

I don't so much collect anything but i like shoes and watches, I'm into Adidas mainly Ultraboost and Yeezys... watches i have a passion for but unfortunately, the watches i love are so expensive like AP, Patek, RM, although i do own a rolex day just 41 which i worked hard for and bought after my first son was born in Dec 2017.

Love this one mate. I actually love watches too and used to collect them after my last European holiday, however I gave in because, as you mentioned, all the good ones cost an arm and a leg.

I have pretty high standards too which makes it almost impossible for me to find ones that are perfect for me. They must:

- Be a mens watch (meaning no unisex)
- Have the numbers 1-12 listed at the hour internal (I don't like Roman Numerals, dots, or bars, numbers 1-12 are a must.
- Must be Swiss
- Must be analogue

This watch I bought just missed the criteria as Seiko is Japanese, however as I go for FC Barcelona, I bought it anyway...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wednesday 28 November, 2018.

Dear journal,

Today started off in a very unusual manner. It was raining. I got up and prepped myself for work. Due to the torrential Sydney downpour which included a thunderstorm that lasted for quite some time and rainfall that equated to the November average in 2 hours, I decided that today, I wasn't going to catch the train to work knowing full-well that there was going to be public transport chaos - I decided to drive instead. This was the very first time I would drive into work. Despite the weather, the commute was fine, and there was no problem finding a place to park in the building.

The morning was fine, although I tend to think I added a Moccona powder into my coffee as it was fairly strong and not as smooth as I usually make it.

Lunchtime came, and I contemplated eating in as a trip to the shops would be wet, windy and uncomfortable. I re-thought this though as the thought of staying in the office for 8 straight hours would drive me insane. So I found my manhood, picked up my brolley and went to the shops.

The journey was treacherous. The brolley nearly broke half a dozen times due to the strong wind. Let's not even go into what happened when I walked under a long stretch of trees the precise moment a strong breeze decided to pass by. I eventually made it to the shops, wet, cold, and to be frank... pissed off! So I began my usual Hot Wheels raid.

Shop 1: Nothing. As usual. Nothing. I looked and saw a few signs of 2019 cars, however there was nothing there that I didn't already have. No multipacks either. Just basic mainline cards that me and my fellow Hot Wheels comrades are sick of.

Shop 2: I saw some things I liked. Nothing unusual, just new mainline cards that I had not yet acquired. I thought it through after picking up 3, and decided with 2 of them - these were the '69 Talladega, and the '88 CR-X.

Shop 3: I entered this store thinking that I would be lucky to find 2 good picks today. I went around and there didn't appear to be much happening in the 'other' area of diecasts, so thought the Hot Wheels section would leave me feeling disappointed.

Nonetheless, I pressed on, looking through the pegs, moving my head up and down like a madman possessed by the spirit of evil boars, but I looked, and looked, and looked, knowing that the mum’s walking their prams seeing a 30-something year old man who had not yet out-grown his childhood was there, high and low through the series of freshly-stacked-yet-to-be-raided pegs, and saw something that caught my eyes. A card that said '2+2 Fastback' - WOW! It was a '65 Mustang. I didn't have this one yet. Next to that was a '71 Mach 1. Ok now I decided ‘yes I'll take them’ despite being swamped with Mustangs in general. Look journal, I didn't have these 2 and decided to grab them, so please don’t give me a hard time about this.

I continued looking and saw a nice green '71 El Camino. Nice, nice. I didn't have many El Camino's - certainly not that one. So of course I grabbed it. I continued to look through. Something caught my eyes, a car I've been wanting for sometime but hadn't yet seen. 'Thank you' I said as I picked up the '95 Mazra RX-7. My mouth began watering as I saw a Red R33 on the pegs for the first time. The excitement didn't subside when I saw a beautiful R30 as well. I nearly blew a fuse when I saw the merky-green R34 which also joined his R30 and R33 predecessors.

As I decided I had enough and I was satisfied, I saw another R34. Now... not being a greedy so-and-so, I said that I'll leave it for another enthusiast to collect. Then I got to thinking that... perhaps I should pick this up and if someone in my situation who can't find it wants it, maybe I can send it to them. So I picked it up. This R34 looked a little different though...

What happened next? Well...

IMG_0097.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0103.jpg

Apologies for the illustrated interruption. Now... as I was saying. What happened next? Well... I LOST MY SUPER TREASURE HUNT VIRGINITY BABY :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Ok I'm guessing right about now I have just confused the living SHIT out of some people, so I'll elaborate...

Each year, Hot Wheels releases about a dozen types of cars that they classify as "Super Treasure Hunts" and these are cars that are extremely rare, and very hard to collect. They make up 0.02% of the Hot Wheels production line. They are different to the basic car of the same type (as you can see, I have a basic and Super Treasure Hunt R34 skyline). The main differences are the Super has Metalflake paint - which is more valuable. And also has real rubber tyres - and the basic model just has plastic. This baby cost me $2 but if I put it for auction on ebay... it would light up like a Christmas tree :D

IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The R34 is pretty nice, just needs a reapray lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
The R34 is pretty nice, just needs a reapray lol
I'd actually be willing to swap it altogether for this baby - Toyota Supra Super Treasure Hunt:

I have the normal one (red) in the picture below... just need the maroon one now!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wednesday 28 November, 2018.

Dear journal,

Today started off in a very unusual manner. It was raining. I got up and prepped myself for work. Due to the torrential Sydney downpour which included a thunderstorm that lasted for quite some time and rainfall that equated to the November average in 2 hours, I decided that today, I wasn't going to catch the train to work knowing full-well that there was going to be public transport chaos - I decided to drive instead. This was the very first time I would drive into work. Despite the weather, the commute was fine, and there was no problem finding a place to park in the building.

The morning was fine, although I tend to think I added a Moccona powder into my coffee as it was fairly strong and not as smooth as I usually make it.

Lunchtime came, and I contemplated eating in as a trip to the shops would be wet, windy and uncomfortable. I re-thought this though as the thought of staying in the office for 8 straight hours would drive me insane. So I found my manhood, picked up my brolley and went to the shops.

The journey was treacherous. The brolley nearly broke half a dozen times due to the strong wind. Let's not even go into what happened when I walked under a long stretch of trees the precise moment a strong breeze decided to pass by. I eventually made it to the shops, wet, cold, and to be frank... pissed off! So I began my usual Hot Wheels raid.

Shop 1: Nothing. As usual. Nothing. I looked and saw a few signs of 2019 cars, however there was nothing there that I didn't already have. No multipacks either. Just basic mainline cards that me and my fellow Hot Wheels comrades are sick of.

Shop 2: I saw some things I liked. Nothing unusual, just new mainline cards that I had not yet acquired. I thought it through after picking up 3, and decided with 2 of them - these were the '69 Talladega, and the '88 CR-X.

Shop 3: I entered this store thinking that I would be lucky to find 2 good picks today. I went around and there didn't appear to be much happening in the 'other' area of diecasts, so thought the Hot Wheels section would leave me feeling disappointed.

Nonetheless, I pressed on, looking through the pegs, moving my head up and down like a madman possessed by the spirit of evil boars, but I looked, and looked, and looked, knowing that the mum’s walking their prams seeing a 30-something year old man who had not yet out-grown his childhood was there, high and low through the series of freshly-stacked-yet-to-be-raided pegs, and saw something that caught my eyes. A card that said '2+2 Fastback' - WOW! It was a '65 Mustang. I didn't have this one yet. Next to that was a '71 Mach 1. Ok now I decided ‘yes I'll take them’ despite being swamped with Mustangs in general. Look journal, I didn't have these 2 and decided to grab them, so please don’t give me a hard time about this.

I continued looking and saw a nice green '71 El Camino. Nice, nice. I didn't have many El Camino's - certainly not that one. So of course I grabbed it. I continued to look through. Something caught my eyes, a car I've been wanting for sometime but hadn't yet seen. 'Thank you' I said as I picked up the '95 Mazra RX-7. My mouth began watering as I saw a Red R33 on the pegs for the first time. The excitement didn't subside when I saw a beautiful R30 as well. I nearly blew a fuse when I saw the merky-green R34 which also joined his R30 and R33 predecessors.

As I decided I had enough and I was satisfied, I saw another R34. Now... not being a greedy so-and-so, I said that I'll leave it for another enthusiast to collect. Then I got to thinking that... perhaps I should pick this up and if someone in my situation who can't find it wants it, maybe I can send it to them. So I picked it up. This R34 looked a little different though...

What happened next? Well...

View attachment 8317 View attachment 8318 View attachment 8319 View attachment 8320 View attachment 8321 View attachment 8322 View attachment 8323

Apologies for the illustrated interruption. Now... as I was saying. What happened next? Well... I LOST MY SUPER TREASURE HUNT VIRGINITY BABY :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Ok I'm guessing right about now I have just confused the living SHIT out of some people, so I'll elaborate...

Each year, Hot Wheels releases about a dozen types of cars that they classify as "Super Treasure Hunts" and these are cars that are extremely rare, and very hard to collect. They make up 0.02% of the Hot Wheels production line. They are different to the basic car of the same type (as you can see, I have a basic and Super Treasure Hunt R34 skyline). The main differences are the Super has Metalflake paint - which is more valuable. And also has real rubber tyres - and the basic model just has plastic. This baby cost me $2 but if I put it for auction on ebay... it would light up like a Christmas tree :D

View attachment 8324 View attachment 8325
Shit I’d love a 65 Mustang..a real one that is..

Wahesh

Reaction score
That was really interesting..loved it.. He has a great attitude to remaining young.. Bro just a question.. Does taking em out of their packets decrease their value..
Sure was.

Yes opening them up decreases their value. When they stay sealed, it's the best indication/proof that the item hasn't been used and is in mint condition meaning it has the highest possible resell value. A lot of die-hard collectors also like to collect the card art that's on the packet. Sometimes you'll have have people open them and want to sell them again, and when they do that, they'll usually sell them in bulk at a reduced price just to try and get rid of them.

Ironically though, the worlds most valuable Hot Wheels car, Bruce Pascal's Kombi, is lose, yet worth AUD $150,000.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure was.

Yes opening them up decreases their value. When they stay sealed, it's the best indication/proof that the item hasn't been used and is in mint condition meaning it has the highest possible resell value. A Like of die-hard collectors also like to collect the card art that's on the packet. Sometimes you'll have have people open them and want to sell them again, and when they do that, they'll usually sell them in bulk at a reduced price just to try and get rid of them.

Ironically though, the worlds most valuable Hot Wheels car, Bruce Pascal's Kombi, is lose, yet worth AUD $150,000.

Thanks my man..I thought so.. like Star Wars figures.. I’ve seen the Kombi on Pawn Stars..pricey stuff!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Thanks my man..I thought so.. like Star Wars figures.. I’ve seen the Kombi on Pawn Stars..pricey stuff!!
That’s right mate. With Hot Wheels anything that comes in metal flake pink (hot pink that’s shiny) appreciates in value fast due to its rarity.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a lot of cars...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fucking lebos always are extremists in everything lol
Tell me about it bro lol. I thought I was bad... I'm not even in that guys back pocket.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don't understand why people collect things. I want to swoop them all up in a bag and wipe the cabinets
It's just a hobby, something to do. Women collect shoes and handbags, men collection... everything else lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My latest... a Christmas present to me from... me :D

It's the only Hot Wheels vehicle I have (and know) that also contains figurines inside the actual vehicle.