Stuff you collect

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
...and I'm fucked. I bought another 10 today, including a new low... rummaging through the box that the girl was still unloading.

Shoot me!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Shouldn't you be rummaging through the girls box unloading?
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: You filthy bugger. See how bad it is? I'm so obsessed with this shit I'm setting myself up for sexual innuendo puns without realising it!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: You filthy bugger. See how bad it is? I'm so obsessed with this shit I'm setting myself up for sexual innuendo puns without realising it!
hahaha "dont look a gift horse in the mouth". That was a lob setting me up for a slam dunk.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Mr Invisible @ASSASSIN Months of pain finally paid off this morning. These beauties got couriered over to me this morning :grinning:

Early Christmas present. I'm sure you can guess which 5 are my childhood in Hot Wheels form ;)

IMG_0044.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Love the grey Chev Ute and the A Team can!
Yeah they were extras I told him to include. I felt bad only buying a few off him so I told him to top-up the box with a few extras so he can bump up the price a bit.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yo @Mr Invisible we've got a problem bro. I saw this thing over the weekend. $12 later... :unamused:

I couldn't help it. Shiny blue body, chrome trailer, plus that chrome dragtor... I'm only human. There's only so much chrome I can resist...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love the grey Chev Ute and the A Team van!
Fuck yeah bro, the A Team van was one of my favorite childhood vehicles along with The Bandits Trans Am, Faces convertible Corvette and Magnum P.I's Ferrari. Oh and The Wraiths Intercepter which was actually a Dodge.

I remember I had as a kid a Tonka like A Team van replica. It was sick!! Then I left it in the driveway and my dad ran over it with his truck.

Also, now I want to watch The Wraith movie, such a classic 80's movie with an awesome 80's metal/rock soundtrack.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fuck yeah bro, the A Team van was one of my favorite childhood vehicles along with The Bandits Trans Am, Faces convertible Corvette and Magnum P.I's Ferrari. Oh and The Wraiths Intercepter which was actually a Dodge.

I remember I had as a kid a Tonka like A Team van replica. It was sick!! Then I left it in the driveway and my dad ran over it with his truck.

Also, now I want to watch The Wraith movie, such a classic 80's movie with an awesome 80's metal/rock soundtrack.
Mate on the Facebook Hot Wheels Australia page, so many people were devastated when Burt Reynolds died recently. One of them posted a video that showed 2 guys meeting with him fairly recently, and they showed him their Trans AM which they built off the SatD one, and they wanted to show it to him. It was so sad seeing him then in that state, with a walking stick, so frail when we've always known him to be so strong :(

Wahesh

Reaction score
I found a Hot Wheels 3 pack on the weekend. Now I have...

1995 Mazda RX7
Honda S2000
1971 Ford Maverick

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just in case anyone was wondering, no, I haven't stopped. In fact the 2019 models came in today :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

This is how I spent my lunchbreak today FFS...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok so a MONSTER haul over the weekend for me (including Thursday and Friday). I spent a heaps on nearly 40 new cars. Now here's the situation...

Thursday: New 2019 models released, plenty of them on display at Kmart. I bought 14 of them.
Friday: Bought 3 normal basic cars. Then at night at Coles, I was 5 new special series cars, the entire set of Dragstrip Demons ($7 each which I bought) and an additional 2 that were also from the new 2019 series. This was the first time I bought an entire series and less than 24 hours later in the same shop, they were gone, so I got them all just in time.
Saturday: I could not believe my eyes. The AMERICAN basic models were on our shelves, that's right, American exclusives for some reason found their way onto our shelves. Maybe a shipping error or something, I don't know, but I cleaned up and bought a whole heaps in addition to a regular Saturday raid.
Sunday: Continued cleaning up some more American exclusive cars from the same store, I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by.

This was the worst I've ever been in a space of 4 days. However it was a combination of (a) new series cars, (b) and entire special series available, and (c) shipping error that causes this. Hopefully this is only a once a year thing (if that) but I reckon I'm fairly satisfied with what I have now. I doubt I'll ever experience this set of unfortunate circumstances again lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
After trying for so long and getting frustrated time after time, I FINALLY got my hands on these beauties on the weekend. It was a private sale though, not the shops. You can't get this things anymore in store.