Stuff you collect

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong, he's a funny bloke too. If you've seen "The Glimmer Man" some of his one liners are absolute gold :D
I gave up after under siege.
Have to download some seagal flicks for our next awful movie night though, combination of alcohol, and a bit of reefer should make for some great entertainment :laughing:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I gave up after under siege.
Have to download some seagal flicks for our next awful movie night though, combination of alcohol, and a bit of reefer should make for some great entertainment :laughing:
Reefer?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok... anyone here want some trivia? Hot Wheels turned 50 over the weekend. They had this bloke on the Today show from the USA who collects the cars. This guy who is about 60 has something like 3,000 Hot Wheels cars in his collection.

When asked what his favorite one was, it was the Beach Bomber VW van (hot pink). It's worth... wait for it... $150,000. FOR A FREAKING TOY CAR!!!

The reason?

These were produced in the late 60s soon after Hot Wheels was established. However, Hot Wheels then decided to cancel the project and scrap them. Somehow, 50 of them managed to escape the factory production line though, so they are now considered a very rare collectible that HW and toy car collectors go crazy about. $150,000 for this:

beach-bomber1.jpg

Look what I just found on eBay for $99.95: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Whe...699571?hash=item3fa0dbcef3:g:J1wAAOSwtN5bHbrS

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok... anyone here want some trivia? Hot Wheels turned 50 over the weekend. They had this bloke on the Today show from the USA who collects the cars. This guy who is about 60 has something like 3,000 Hot Wheels cars in his collection.

When asked what his favorite one was, it was the Beach Bomber VW van (hot pink). It's worth... wait for it... $150,000. FOR A FREAKING TOY CAR!!!

The reason?

These were produced in the late 60s soon after Hot Wheels was established. However, Hot Wheels then decided to cancel the project and scrap them. Somehow, 50 of them managed to escape the factory production line though, so they are now considered a very rare collectible that HW and toy car collectors go crazy about. $150,000 for this:

View attachment 6178

Look what I just found on eBay for $99.95: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Whe...699571?hash=item3fa0dbcef3:g:J1wAAOSwtN5bHbrS
150k for a toy car? If was going to pay that kind of money I'd want to drive it!

Wahesh

Reaction score
150k for a toy car? If was going to pay that kind of money I'd want to drive it!
I'm not sure I'd even pay that much for an actual car. I know Combi's are quite expensive nowadays as they're probably 1/2 way there in terms of being a classic car... but come on, $150,000 for a small piece of metal FFS.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of beauties yesterday... $5 each from The Reject Shop :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Back to the Future Delorean. Same as the one below, except it's the hover, so the wheels are horizontal, not vertical.

Also got a batmobile similar to this:

And finally... the Ecto 1 from Ghost Busters. Now this one is already retailing on Amazon for $12.45 - I picked it up for 5 bucks :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-Ghostbusters-ECTO-1-Vehicle/dp/B01IXZYAKE

They had a couple of other ones that I wasn't interested in - the flying batman thing and the Night Rider car, but I only got the 3 that I wanted. $15 - not bad. Now time to lock them up in the cupboard and let them appreciate in value 8-)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've actually got a collection of model cars (not heaps and not worth much) but have sentimental value. I was cleaning out some stuff the other day and found another piece of treasured memorabilia I had forgotten about (I have a few).

Twas from the King St Wharf Rally Special Stage in Sydney many MANY moons ago (part of Rally Australia)... Signed magazine from the one and only Mr Possum Bourne.

For those who know the name, they'll understand just how special that is.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Mr Invisible I can't say I'm too familiar with the same, but if it's a piece of memorabilia signed by someone in the industry, it would be worth quite a few. My most sentimental item would be the one I posted on page 1 of this thread - the diecast of the 1969 Nova SS - top half black, bottom half hot pink (the exact one in the pic below). It's about 20cm in length - I can't think of the scale. I bought that while on the ferry sailing across the English channel from Calais to Dover, so it has a lot of memories of that holiday for me. It cost me something like £30.00 back then - and I was tossing up between that and a Swatch watch. I'm confident I made the right decision. It sits on my computer desk at home now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible I can't say I'm too familiar with the same, but if it's a piece of memorabilia signed by someone in the industry, it would be worth quite a few. My most sentimental item would be the one I posted on page 1 of this thread - the diecast of the 1969 Nova SS - top half black, bottom half hot pink (the exact one in the pic below). It's about 20cm in length - I can't think of the scale. I bought that while on the ferry sailing across the English channel from Calais to Dover, so it has a lot of memories of that holiday for me. It cost me something like £30.00 back then - and I was tossing up between that and a Swatch watch. I'm confident I made the right decision. It sits on my computer desk at home now.

Change the red to blue and it would look even hotter

Wahesh

Reaction score
Change the red to blue and it would look even hotter
I know bro. I haven't been able to find a really nice metallic blue model yet - that's what I'm hanging out for.

I know the paint looks red in the photo but it's hot pink. It just doesn't look right on computers lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@TANK 2.0 if you're into model cars best to buy a few hot wheels ones this year as it's the 50th anniversary. They'll be worth a fortune in the future. I don't collect them, I'm investing them :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible I can't say I'm too familiar with the same, but if it's a piece of memorabilia signed by someone in the industry, it would be worth quite a few.
Possum absolutely dominated the Australian Rally Championships from 1996 till 2002.

In 2003 he was tragically killed in a head on accident whilst driving the roads intended for an upcoming event.