Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Straight out I got a minute part of my faith in humanity back from the care and concern shown by you guys about my struggles on here.

Apart from a few good people in this hell, that's about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Too much negativity on here, let's get some positive vibes happening!

This is a very emotional video. A young lad who lost his parents in the Philippines finds them 30 years later.
The value of using GPS trackers on your parents!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Too much negativity on here, let's get some positive vibes happening!

This is a very emotional video. A young lad who lost his parents in the Philippines finds them 30 years later.

Have you read the book or seen the movie "Lion"

I haven't watched the movie yet but I had a listen to the interviews with the guy its based on and its an interesting story. Guy lost his parents in India when he was a kid and eventually he was adopted by an Australian family. After he became an adult he began scouring India on Google maps until he found some buildings and stuff he recognised from when he was a kid. I think it took about 2 years of looking through Google maps before he found his home town and found his family again.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I once returned a purse that i saw drop out of a woman's handbag. She snatched it from me and basically accused me of trying to steal it from her.
I had a mum take her daughter out of the kids change room at swimming lessons, because i was in there changing my kid.

Do these stories restore your faith in humanity ?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I once returned a purse that i saw drop out of a woman's handbag. She snatched it from me and basically accused me of trying to steal it from her.
I had a mum take her daughter out of the kids change room at swimming lessons, because i was in there changing my kid.

What do you expect with a name like Bad Billy !

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I once found a purse on the side of the round. Found the driver's license then walked around this pub til I found this girl crying in the corner who looked like the photo in the license and gave her back her purse. She didn't say thank you or anything. Her and her friend just grabbed it and walked off.

The girl I was dating at the time spent the rest of the night screaming at me for not taking the purse and running.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Also, weren't you at an ATM recently?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I haven't watched the movie yet but I had a listen to the interviews with the guy its based on and its an interesting story. Guy lost his parents in India when he was a kid and eventually he was adopted by an Australian family. After he became an adult he began scouring India on Google maps until he found some buildings and stuff he recognised from when he was a kid. I think it took about 2 years of looking through Google maps before he found his home town and found his family again.
I met him and he was a really nice guy

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Great movie!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I once found a purse on the side of the round. Found the driver's license then walked around this pub til I found this girl crying in the corner who looked like the photo in the license and gave her back her purse. She didn't say thank you or anything. Her and her friend just grabbed it and walked off.

The girl I was dating at the time spent the rest of the night screaming at me for not taking the purse and running.
Lol glad your not dating her anymore. It always pays to do the right thing. Even if people dont appreciate it.
Once i found a phone on the ground in a park in london. This was a long time ago, so it was one of those razor phones. For this reason i could access her contacts etc, and i managed to get in touch with a friend who helped organise for me to meet the girl at the nearest station to return it. She turned up with some vig buff dude, took the phone and walked off. Barely even a thank you. But i still felt good for doing the right thing.
Another time i found a wallet in a shopping centre in maroochydore and it had $2000 cash in it. I took it to center management and they paged the owner who then gave me $50.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

That's horrible that you returned her purse and she accuses you stealing.
I got told by a woman that I'm an arsehole for explaining something in a no nonsense manner.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
While we're sharing these stories, I was walking down the street once and found one of those Commonwealth bank card wallets. I opened, saw a bank card and a lot of cash. I was near the bank so I thought I'd take it there and give it to them to contact the guy who's card it was, but I saw a man running down the road with his dog and it looked like they were back-tracking for something. I immediately knew that it was his, so before he even had a chance to ask me if I saw anything, I pulled the wallet out and handed it straight to him. He was so thankful, it was his rent money. Made me feel good helping another guy out :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's horrible that you returned her purse and she accuses you stealing.
I got told by a woman that I'm an arsehole for explaining something in a no nonsense manner.
Try being a bouncer, everything is your fault lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
My faith will be restored when Communist Life Control are dragged through the courts and get their long over due ass kicks, until then society is a little disappointing, I have more respect for dogs and cats.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Try being a bouncer, everything is your fault lol
You should see me when cab drivers pull over I just say "go ahead, abuse me,say nasty and horrible things, I don't care, lay it on me"

Most Sydney cab drivers hate me because part of my job is making sure they don't just do whatever they please"

After working the job I have, I have lost respect for cabbies, they're scum.
Nothing makes me happier to see a cab driver getting booked or threatened by an Anglo who he refused to take because he was too intoxicated.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what restores my face in humanity.. People who go out of their way to help you..or give you a nod and smile..when they see you in a wheelchair.. It happens quite a lot actually..

And you know..it’s the people who you least expect..big tough guys..or gruff looking people..which is probably my fault in making assumptions by what people look like.. It really is an eye opener..there are some good people out there..just gotta give people a chance.. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.