There is No God.. ?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was trolled hard on facebook, called a Bible basher an idiot etc for this comment I made in relation to the article below

My comment:

"Its ironic for a scientist of his calibre to conclude that God doesn't exist based on a non scientific reason"

I was unsatisfied with Stephen Hawking claiming that God and heaven don't exist based on simply comparing our brain to a computer..This is not science

He states:

As for life after death, Hawking told the Guardian he believes the brain is like a computer that will simply shut off.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this away from the fuckheads on Facebook..

Admins If this is not suitable I apologise but I have faith in our members to keep this intellectual

The Article

Stephen Hawking didn't believe he'd go to heaven, a place for 'people afraid of the dark'
March 15, 2019 by Ashley May, Usa Today
World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking, who died March 14, 2018,, didn't believe in God and called heaven "a fairy story."

Hawking, who died at 76, wrote "there is no God" in his final, posthumous book "Brief Answers to the Big Questions." He also wrote that "no one directs the universe." It wasn't the first time Hawking rejected the idea of a higher power. He had disputed the existence of God for years before his death.

"The question is: Is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second," Hawking said on the TV show Genius of Britain, the Telegraph cites. "If you like, you can call the laws of science 'God', but it wouldn't be a personal God that you could meet, and ask questions."

In his 2010 book "The Grand Design," Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow credit "spontaneous creation" with the reason for existence, writing "it is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

As for life after death,
Stephen Hawking didn't believe he'd go to heaven, a place for 'people afraid of the dark'
March 15, 2019 by Ashley May, Usa Today
World-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking, who died March 14, 2018,, didn't believe in God and called heaven "a fairy story."

Hawking, who died at 76, wrote "there is no God" in his final, posthumous book "Brief Answers to the Big Questions." He also wrote that "no one directs the universe." It wasn't the first time Hawking rejected the idea of a higher power. He had disputed the existence of God for years before his death.

"The question is: Is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second," Hawking said on the TV show Genius of Britain, the Telegraph cites. "If you like, you can call the laws of science 'God', but it wouldn't be a personal God that you could meet, and ask questions."

In his 2010 book "The Grand Design," Hawking and co-author Leonard Mlodinow credit "spontaneous creation" with the reason for existence, writing "it is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

As for life after death, Hawking told the Guardian he believes the brain is like a computer that will simply shut off.

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he told the Guardian.

Hawking lived with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's Disease that impacts movement, and used a wheelchair most of his adult life. He was diagnosed with the neurological disease at 21 and was given only years to live.

He was best known for his discoveries involving black holes, his best-selling book "A Brief History of Time" and his dry wit. He was also candid about his theories on the future of life on Earth, saying the planet could turn into a "ball of fire" within a few hundred years and artificial intelligence could wipe out the human race.

(c)2019 USA Today
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he told the Guardian.

Hawking lived with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's Disease that impacts movement, and used a wheelchair most of his adult life. He was diagnosed with the neurological disease at 21 and was given only years to live.

He was best known for his discoveries involving black holes, his best-selling book "A Brief History of Time" and his dry wit. He was also candid about his theories on the future of life on Earth, saying the planet could turn into a "ball of fire" within a few hundred years and artificial intelligence could wipe out the human race.

(c)2019 USA Today
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There has been a shift away from religion since my early teens and as individuals we have the right to form our own opinions. Now just because Stephen Hawking was a non believer it doesn't make it so. As my Nana says the Devil has come for his own......and when you stop and look at life these days, I dare say she is not wrong in her assessment. Life and society are changing rapidly and not necessarily for the better. I agree with Hawking that the brain in it's final moments shuts down like a computer but I choose to believe that our consciousness in this case our soul, the very essences of who we are lives on. Keep your chin up wolfie we will all face the truth sooner or later, God Bless

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well there is a higher power and a spiritual world but who is the a boss? Prolly A God but does it prove Jesus and his story?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wolfie when you have time watch the link below, it just might strengthen you resolve.

The Case For Christ
A documentary story about an atheist who tried so hard to disprove Christian faith by refuting Jesus resurrection only to find out that the truth itself speaks louder than any tons of disbelief...and he raised his arm in surrender to God.

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wolfie when you have time watch the link below, it just might strengthen you resolve.

The Case For Christ
A documentary story about an atheist who tried so hard to disprove Christian faith by refuting Jesus resurrection only to find out that the truth itself speaks louder than any tons of disbelief...and he raised his arm in surrender to God.
That’s not a documentary
It’s a movie with actors

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wolfmother, please take no offence, once again I know I'm in the minority.

Which God are you talking about, there are so many that humans believe in?

I also believe that humans are like a computer in so far as we don't exist until we are turned on (born) and stop existence when were turned off (die), just like any other living creature on earth.

Were lucky our species has the largest brain on earth.

Nothing I know of proves otherwise except humanity s fear of death thus creating unrealistic thinking.

With the knowledge of science now understood by most of the world except for the unfortunate, I find it had to believe most still believe in a god.

I'm an atheist and have taught my children my beliefs but the same applies to believers who teach their children their beliefs.

So I will continue to be in the minority for centuries to come as far as I can predict.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure what there is to disprove as there’s no eveidence anyone or thing did exist
I believe there was a man called Jesus who people followed
But all the powers etc were just story’s told over time
And as for Mary saying she was filled in by god
Bah haha hahhaha old mate down the road was knocking her of she’s told hubby god done it
And he believed her, (we all know someone that would believe anyhting you told em)
Mary was just getting fed by old mate down the road and lied to her husband about how she got filled in! He believed her the rest history
“The greatest story ever told”

But hey everyone believes in something that’s not real or going to happen

Kids ...Santa
Religious people..... god
Me.. sex with the wife before dinner .....

None exist

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in God, I am not religious in anyway. I have my reason why and that's my belief.

If you are religious, then that's your belief. You are entitled to that. You do you, I'll do me and the world just keeps going on.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to understand where Hawking is coming from. When it comes to science, if something is not falsifiable then it is automatically considered false. In other words, if you can't test if something is true or not, then scientifically it's not true.

So from a science standpoint, God does not exist. But God has never been about science or proof. God's always been about faith and belief.

Another point to raise is the duality of the mind concept. The duality of the mind considered soul (or consciousness/mind) and the brain to be two separate things. So the soul is held in the brain and when the body dies the soul releases.

There's no evidence to support the belief that the duality of the mind is true. It's actually the opposite. We have proven that altering the brain will also alter someone's consciousness. This may be why Hawking says this.

But there are other beliefs when it comes to the brain/mind link. Some believe that the brain is a receptor for the soul or consciousness. So if the brain gets damaged then it can't full access the soul and becomes corrupted. Hence the change in behaviour.

That said, there's no scientific evidence to support this, or the soul's existence in any way.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the end, God is something that may not be scientifically true, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s not a documentary
It’s a movie with actors
doc·u·men·ta·ry

/ˌdäkyəˈment(ə)rē/

adjective

1. consisting of official pieces of written, printed, or other matter.
    "his book is based on documentary sources"
  2. noun
  1. a movie or a television or radio program that provides a factual record or report.
LOL some people.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Q: Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac?
A: He stayed up all night wondering if there was a dog.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what there is to disprove as there’s no eveidence anyone or thing did exist
I believe there was a man called Jesus who people followed
But all the powers etc were just story’s told over time
And as for Mary saying she was filled in by god
Bah haha hahhaha old mate down the road was knocking her of she’s told hubby god done it
And he believed her, (we all know someone that would believe anyhting you told em)
Mary was just getting fed by old mate down the road and lied to her husband about how she got filled in! He believed her the rest history
“The greatest story ever told”

But hey everyone believes in something that’s not real or going to happen

Kids ...Santa
Religious people..... god
Me.. sex with the wife before dinner .....

None exist
I've been spun some bullshit in the day by women even belived some of the bullshit stories.
But if I was seeing a girl and i had yet to pork her and she comes home with a gutful of arms and legs I'd be calling bullshit straight up or asking her if she's Josh Reynolds ex

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been spun some bullshit in the day by women even belived some of the bullshit stories.
But if I was seeing a girl and i had yet to pork her and she comes home with a gutful of arms and legs I'd be calling bullshit straight up or asking her if she's Josh Reynolds ex
You'd just be like Karl Pilkington :tearsofjoy:

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying to poke holes in somebodies beliefs on religion is pointless and quite arrogant in my opinion. Whether they're religious or atheist. It's about as annoying as hearing a vegan preach about his dinner

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying to poke holes in somebodies beliefs on religion is pointless and quite arrogant in my opinion. Whether they're religious or atheist. It's about as annoying as hearing a vegan preach about his dinner
That’s why this thread should be closed.. Not that it is not interesting..but no doubt it will end in insults..unfortunately they always do..

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
doc·u·men·ta·ry

/ˌdäkyəˈment(ə)rē/

adjective

1. consisting of official pieces of written, printed, or other matter.
    "his book is based on documentary sources"
  2. noun
  1. a movie or a television or radio program that provides a factual record or report.
LOL some people.
Mate documentary follow facts or trys to find facts or presents facts
This does none
A movie follows a pre written script , which it has and does not derive from that
AND that MOVIE is advertised as fictional drama...
ADVERTISED as fictional drama

A documentary is not fictional

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on hahhahaha

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate documentary follow facts or trys to find facts or presents facts
This does none
A movie follows a pre written script , which it has and does not derive from that
AND that MOVIE is advertised as fictional drama...
ADVERTISED as fictional drama

A documentary is not fictional
So the English dictionary is wrong and you're right, on the meaning of documentary??? ..............HAHAHAHAHA

The Case for Christ
From Wikipedia

The Case for Christ is a 2017 American Christian drama film directed by Jon Gunn and written by Brian Bird, based on a true story that inspired the 1998 book of the same name by Lee Strobel. The film stars Mike Vogel, Erika Christensen, Faye Dunaway and Robert Forster, and follows an atheist journalist who looks to disprove his wife's Christian faith. The film was released on April 7, 2017 by Pure Flix Entertainment.

As for you being an atheist, a non believer, that is your perogative, your choice, your belief, your opinion. with that coach I'll leave you to your own demons. Be well.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the English dictionary is wrong and you're right, on the meaning of documentary??? ..............HAHAHAHAHA

The Case for Christ
From Wikipedia

The Case for Christ is a 2017 American Christian drama film directed by Jon Gunn and written by Brian Bird, based on a true story that inspired the 1998 book of the same name by Lee Strobel. The film stars Mike Vogel, Erika Christensen, Faye Dunaway and Robert Forster, and follows an atheist journalist who looks to disprove his wife's Christian faith. The film was released on April 7, 2017 by Pure Flix Entertainment.

As for you being an atheist, a non believer, that is your perogative, your choice, your belief, your opinion. with that coach I'll leave you to your own demons. Be well.

View attachment 13034
English dictionary is correct if you care to read it properly lol
Paste documentary meaning.... documentary is facts, presented
This is a film
It’s literally says DRAMA FILM.... written by Brian bird
Based on a true STORY, INSPIRED by the book hahahhaha

Google case for Christ
It will tell you it’s a 2017 movie, a fictional drama written by Brian bird

Not facts based of facts you muppet
Hahhahahahha
Bahhahahhahah
The thing you just pasted ,