Theory about Holland on bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahahaha so true mate.

It’s like Pay tells Holland “You’ll be on the FG bench this week”
Then Holland tells Pay “No I can’t do that, because I think you’ve got your bench wrong and you will upset people on the Kennel”
Pay then tells holland: Fuck those little bitches on the kennel, your on the bench in a utility role.

Reactions: DT

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Holland the X factor i like what Pay is doing, Liccha a rest , JMK and Holland a roaming, i also noticed Foran had a break as well but remained on the field, JMK and Holland played roaming roles, i also noticed Mbye kicking lat in the game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s there for inj to our backs 1-7
It’s that simple
Pretty much. We had lost mbye and bmoz during the game the previous few weeks and we needed him.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty much. We had lost mbye and bmoz during the game the previous few weeks and we needed him.
And people calling for Brown seem to forget the dropped balls at key moments when he came off the bench in 2 games this year. I dont recall any mistakes by Holland in last 2 weeks.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you and I the only two who understand this? Holland is the most versatile player in the squad.
A Fine can cover basically anywhere , so to say that is a big call! Holland would get pumped in the forwards if we needed him to take hitups not against a tired n beaten team(cowboys)
Not saying don't have him but most defiantly not the most versatile player we have

J Jackson
M mbye
Even jmk I would call more versatile than holland
Rfm could even cover backline Easily and ball play if needed be
So to call holland the most versatile player in the squad.......

For example
Mbye would cover 1-7 better than holland
9 better than holland
And say forwards equally

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a bit more to Holland playing at all yesterday which i believe is a personal matter, either way Pay is using what we have to effect and i think Holland had a good influence when he came on and was told to run hard and give the boys a rest, job done and done quite well i would have thought.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's blaming Holland for being picked for a bench utility role, but there are some genuine questions around his selection.

He can cover injuries across 1-5 well, but isn't a genuine utility for 6, 7, or 9.

If there are no injuries, the utility spot would be better served by a genuine 6, 7 or 9.

There's also the argument that you shouldn't break up your halves partnership mid-match.

However, Pay might know something we don't - the Morris boys might be more marginal than we know.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have Frawley and Cleeland been told to look elsewhere?
Not officially, but Lewis is off contract along with Cleeland and Frawley.

Wakeham is coming through the grades and will probably step up. Brown, JMK both signed up for next season.

So you'd have to assume if Cleeland isn't getting a look in, as well as Frawley doing his dash, that they won't be resigned.

There was a bit more to Holland playing at all yesterday which i believe is a personal matter, either way Pay is using what we have to effect and i think Holland had a good influence when he came on and was told to run hard and give the boys a rest, job done and done quite well i would have thought.
Just read the armbands thread.... makes sense.

Reactions: DT

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
A Fine can cover basically anywhere , so to say that is a big call! Holland would get pumped in the forwards if we needed him to take hitups not against a tired n beaten team(cowboys)
Not saying don't have him but most defiantly not the most versatile player we have

J Jackson
M mbye
Even jmk I would call more versatile than holland
Rfm could even cover backline Easily and ball play if needed be
So to call holland the most versatile player in the squad.......

For example
Mbye would cover 1-7 better than holland
9 better than holland
And say forwards equally
I agree Mbye is more versatile but certainly nobody else comes close to Holland. He can play every position Mbye can, even hooker if needed. As far as forwards though, really that's a mute point. We have three forwards on the bench that cover the forwards. Fine certainly wouldn't cover any backline position better than Holland either.

Yes Mbye is more versatile than Holland. But Holland is easily the next in line. Of course again Mbye is in the starting team and I should have stated that outside our top 13 Holland is the most versatile in our squad. Very few would disagree.

As for Lewis, he may take Hollands position if he can make the step up to first grade. However nobody knows if he can

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not officially, but Lewis is off contract along with Cleeland and Frawley.

Wakeham is coming through the grades and will probably step up. Brown, JMK both signed up for next season.

So you'd have to assume if Cleeland isn't getting a look in, as well as Frawley doing his dash, that they won't be resigned.

Just read the armbands thread.... makes sense.
We really need Wakeham to be good - I don't have much faith in Cogger from what I've seen of him and what some mates who have seen a lot of him have said.

Having said that, he's young and Pay obviously sees something in him.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
i really like how Holland was used yesterday

Love his attitude, always looking for the ball, and he came up with that turnover late in the half which sealed the game for mine

Last year he was also a great finisher, his 2017 highlight reel was actually pretty impresive

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Mbye is more versatile but certainly nobody else comes close to Holland. He can play every position Mbye can, even hooker if needed. As far as forwards though, really that's a mute point. We have three forwards on the bench that cover the forwards. Fine certainly wouldn't cover any backline position better than Holland either.

Yes Mbye is more versatile than Holland. But Holland is easily the next in line. Of course again Mbye is in the starting team and I should have stated that outside our top 13 Holland is the most versatile in our squad. Very few would disagree.

As for Lewis, he may take Hollands position if he can make the step up to first grade. However nobody knows if he can
You blokes are kidding if you think holland can play in the halves.

Has he got a kicking game?

You could name Klemmer at 7 but that doesn’t mean he would do a sufficient job.

Holland has been playing his role well and can cover 1-5 no worries. That’s about it.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
You blokes are kidding if you think holland can play in the halves.

Has he got a kicking game?

You could name Klemmer at 7 but that doesn’t mean he would do a sufficient job.

Holland has been playing his role well and can cover 1-5 no worries. That’s about it.
He has played in the halves a lot in his career, even in our reserves. He has a good kicking game, probably as good if not better than JMK.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we shouldn’t post our opinion? I don’t get what your trying to say? I think it’s weird holland is on the bench especially considering I don’t rate him at all.

Isn’t this the place to raise your opinion good or bad?
Read what I replied to first buddy.
We’re just saying it’s not Holland’s fault he’s picked in the bench. Not saying anything about opinions.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland actually suprised me last night , he played very well. It was another positive..He was put on by pay an did what was asked of him. At the moment he is good cover! Can’t really complain.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I guess it's possible we will either use Holland as a 4th bench player, or carry 4 forwards on the bench (depending on who we are playing).

I feel sometimes our forwards are getting gassed.

When Tolman comes back I think Holland will drop off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.