News The Zoom call that put Barrett in the box seat for Bulldogs job

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long will Barrett's commute be? Hopefully he doesn't live on the Northern beaches like Hasler. We want him feeling relaxed when he rocks up to work and no heavy nasal breathing like old mate.
I’m pretty sure he’s back in Wollongong now.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fucking rice burning shit, get some cubes up ya Scooob.8-)
Haha, 50/50 weight distribution, 500hp, RWD, no chassis per say, nimble as fuck, complete driver focused, ..!!! Most Driver involved car I’ve driven :hearteyes:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't you all find it strange that so much info is out there about Barrett coming to our club? In a time when the board is revealing absolutely NOTHING but the world apparently knows that Barrett is coming as the next coach?

I'm wrong a lot. But this actually seems more like Barrett and his side pushing his case for the job through the media. You really think the Dogs would be the ones giving info about the Zoom meetings? When they've given us absolutely fucking nothing when it comes to info about the club?
I think there's way too much smoke for this to be bullshit.

Brandy confirmed we talked to him. Players from the Panthers are talking up his coaching ability which means they know he's a candidate.. No one from the club has denied anything about Barrett like they have other times..

All signs point to the Barrett link being legitimate.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From you, the legendary @AlzzBulldog..? hahahahahah.. Please, you have mindlessly bagged everything the club has done for years and now because Pay is gone you think your work is done and Barrett will fix everything?? Good for you.

I dont give a fuck, is in reference to Barretts appointment and not the clubs success which any supporter wants. I just dont believe our club and board have made the right choices on OUR behalf. Our, as in the supporters, members and sponsors and employees of the Canterbury Bulldogs who entrust them to run the joint.

If you dont like that answer then please accept the same one I gave mr j.
I supported pay when he was first announced as coach back in 2017 until I knew he couldn’t coach, and I’ll support the next one that comes in and hope that he does well just like I had hoped pay would when he was first announced but clearly he didn’t work
What’s your point?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I supported pay when he was first announced as coach back in 2017 until I knew he couldn’t coach, and I’ll support the next one that comes in and hope that he does well just like I had hoped pay would when he was first announced but clearly he didn’t work
What’s your point?
Good for you mate. Go find someone else to play with.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I’m still not sure about Barrett but it looks like he’s the man the club wants and I’m just going to give it the benefit of the doubt and get behind it. There’s plenty of things I like about it but also some doubts but let’s hope the clubs on a winner with this one.
Its the fact we all think we need an experienced guy to build. If they hired gus to run the football department we would be cheering about that combo even if Barrett was coach its the figure of experience that will ease our pain

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you all find it strange that so much info is out there about Barrett coming to our club? In a time when the board is revealing absolutely NOTHING but the world apparently knows that Barrett is coming as the next coach?

I'm wrong a lot. But this actually seems more like Barrett and his side pushing his case for the job through the media. You really think the Dogs would be the ones giving info about the Zoom meetings? When they've given us absolutely fucking nothing when it comes to info about the club?
I think you’ll find most of the leaks are coming from the Bulldogs side of the ledger. The primary negotiator in the form of Hill.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett is starting to come around for me. Hopefully he’s learnt some harsh lessons from Manly. One thing was from that was the players loved him. The Turbo brothers loved him. Korisau went back to Penrith because of him. He’d certainly help our halves and our attack. And if he realises he needs his own team around, then that’s a good thing. A defensive coach should be top priority.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of hearing journos blame club politics for Pay leaving. He couldn’t coach is why he’s gone.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there's way too much smoke for this to be bullshit.

Brandy confirmed we talked to him. Players from the Panthers are talking up his coaching ability which means they know he's a candidate.. No one from the club has denied anything about Barrett like they have other times..

All signs point to the Barrett link being legitimate.
Not in the slighest saying it's bullshit. Without doubt we're talking to Barrett. Would be unprofessional for us not to.

I just question whether it's a done deal like many seem certain of. And also whether he's actually our first choice. I don't think he is personally.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not in the slighest saying it's bullshit. Without doubt we're talking to Barrett. Would be unprofessional for us not to.

I just question whether it's a done deal like many seem certain of. And also whether he's actually our first choice. I don't think he is personally.
Nothings ever a done deal. Not in this climate anymore bro. So while I also think this will happen I would definitely not put my house on it like the papers are suggesting. I again have been told Griffin is still in the talks by some people which I am taking with a grain of salt.

A

Alexander the Great

If that happens you can boast how right you were and we can all bow down to you and give you credit. Until then STFU. Change was needed so let things run it’s due course without you whinging about the same shit over and over again
I dont always agree with his opinions but you don't need to tell him to shut the fuck up because you don't like them.

If you are that easily triggered by it block his account mate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothings ever a done deal. Not in this climate anymore bro. So while I also think this will happen I would definitely not put my house on it like the papers are suggesting. I again have been told Griffin is still in the talks by some people which I am taking with a grain of salt.
Griffin. Wane. No doubt there are other people involved in talks so we'll have to wait and see which one comes out.

If it's Barrett then so be it. Whoever comes in will get my full support. More importantly is that the club supports this new coach by putting in a proper backroom team. Pay's support staff were a fucking rabble.