Spoonwatch - Consolidated Wooden Spoon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As great as it is seeing the sharks lose, they picked the wrong week imo.

The Tits were horrendous to watch, and the eels weren't much better to be honest.

This spoon off is gonna be very close

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the most exciting battle for the bottom of the barrel in recent memory!

C’mon Bin chickens...choke hard and lose

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully by end of Round 22 the battle has narrowed somewhat.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/07/predicting-the-wooden-spooners-nrl.com-experts-have-their-say/

20 "Experts".
16 believe Parramatta will get it.
2 (Michael Chammas and Katie Brown) think that Eels can snag some wins and Cowboys might snag it.
2 so called "experts" (Margie Macdonald and Hayley Byrnes), both NRL.COM reporters claim Bulldogs will get it.

Hayley Byrnes (NRL.com reporter)
Bulldogs:
With Jarryd Hayne now back to his best and Corey Norman proving himself in the hope of a decent contact, the attention for me has now shifted from the Eels to the Bulldogs for last on the ladder.
"A decent contact" ... err I think you mean CONTRACT. :D
More time watching football and less time in front of a mirror, might prevent such a stupid statement.

Margie McDonald (NRL.com senior reporter)
Canterbury:
The Bulldogs have three top-eight teams to play, like the Eels do (the Cowboys have two). But in getting these last-gasp wins, I look to the halves and I feel Thurston, Moses and Norman can steer home a team far better than Canterbury duo Lewis and Marshall-King – because the pressure to find wins to take momentum into 2019 can be immense.
Margie often jumps on the bandwagon to hammer us about the small things in games. She supports the Sharks thus enough said.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Run home:
Dogs - Manly, Warriors, Dragons, Sharks
Eels - Dragons, Storm, Cowboys, Roosters
Manly - Dogs, Titans, tigers, Broncos
Cowboys - Broncos, Sharks, Eels, Titans

Doesnt look good for the Eels.
I think we can win at least 3/4 remaining prob lose to the Sharks

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks aren't firing at the moment and are there for the taking.

Dragons is the only game I don't know if we can win.
If you think Sharks aren’t firing then Dragons are not exactly setting the world on fire ( no pun intended)

As long as we beat the Warriors

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SPOON WATCH - ROUND 22

upload_2018-8-12_16-12-27.png

Still in contention: Raiders, Knights, Titans, Bulldogs, Manly, Cowboys, Eels.
Safe from Spoon but outside Top 8: Tigers
Cut off for 8 (currently): 26 points.

REMAINING GAMES:
Raiders: Roosters, Rabbitohs (loss), Warriors (loss) - (points finish = 18 to 24) / (projected finish = 20 to 22 points). Tigers and one other win?
Knights: Panthers (loss), Sharks (loss), Dragons (loss) - (points finish = 18 to 24) / (projected finish = 18 to 20 points). One other win?
Manly: Titans (loss), Tigers (loss), Broncos (win) - (points finish = 16 to 22) / (projected finish = 18 to 20 points). At least one (Tigers/Titans?) and maybe 1 other wins?
Titans: Manly (win), Storm (loss), Cowboys (loss) - (points finish = 16 to 22) / (projected finish = 18 to 20 points). Manly and Cowboys wins?
Bulldogs: Warriors, Dragons (loss), Sharks (loss) - (points finish = 14 to 20) / (projected finish = 16 to 20 points). Two other wins?
Eels: Storm, Cowboys (win), Roosters - (points finish = 14 to 20) / (projected finish = 14 to 16 points). One other win?
Cowboys: Sharks (win), Eels (loss), Titans (win) - (points finish = 14 to 20) / (projected finish = 16 to 20 points). Eels, Titans and maybe one other win?

BOLD = playing team still in spoon contention.
(win/loss) = previously won/lost to that team this season.
Projected finish based on results earlier this season.

Updated after all Round 22 games.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Raiders getting spanked. If this continues will be back into "Battle Spoon" on points. Albeit unlikely.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big question is.....can the Bulldogs jag a win in their last 3 ?
I think they’ll need to win one more match to avoid the spoon as I can see Parra & the Cowboys winning one match in 3.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
With key injuries/suspensions last round, I think the battle spoon could get really interesting. I'm expecting some upsets.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My gift to you all. :p

Enjoy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The big question is.....can the Bulldogs jag a win in their last 3 ?
I think they’ll need to win one more match to avoid the spoon as I can see Parra & the Cowboys winning one match in 3.
This Warriors game is massive for us... can see Luke and RTS giving us grief up the guts. Would love a win here, but our chance will have to be against the Dragons... have to pin a lot of hope in Storm and Roosters not taking Eels lightly either

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We do have Dragons without Widdop and Vaughan and they are seriously choking with Hunt so we are a good chance there

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We do have Dragons without Widdop and Vaughan and they are seriously choking with Hunt so we are a good chance there
But they've named Kurt Mann in the halves with Hunt. That's not good because if (when) he has a shitter they'll realise Jai Field should have been in there, and he'll play against us.

Bloke is a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.