Spoonwatch - Consolidated Wooden Spoon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope we can avoid the wooden spoon. Pay does not deserve this in his first season as a first grade coach.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it’s Martin.... good win today. Didn’t need those penalty goals after all.
Shackles were off today. Newcastle did lose their heartbeat early in the match & looked like the wooden spoon rabble we have all grown to love over the past 3 years.
Still it’s the best Canterbury have looked all year

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Shackles were off today. Newcastle did lose their heartbeat early in the match & looked like the wooden spoon rabble we have all grown to love over the past 3 years.
Still it’s the best Canterbury have looked all year
In all honesty, I was out and missed the game... just catching up after the fact.... but I was happy to see the result and to read on here that some young and fringe players stepped up and the team put in a decent effort.

I know the opposition was far from top notch and we’re hit by injuries before and during the game... I know they lost Ponga, but considering the way we’ve been playing this year, the situation our roster is in due to Hasler’s dud signings and stupid ratchet clauses, it was good to hear we got the win.... and still funny that Parra blew their chance. It’s been a rare good weekend for us this season. Haha

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty, I was out and missed the game... just catching up after the fact.... but I was happy to see the result and to read on here that some young and fringe players stepped up and the team put in a decent effort.

I know the opposition was far from top notch and we’re hit by injuries before and during the game... I know they lost Ponga, but considering the way we’ve been playing this year, the situation our roster is in due to Hasler’s dud signings and stupid ratchet clauses, it was good to hear we got the win.... and still funny that Parra blew their chance. It’s been a rare good weekend for us this season. Haha
Canberra will be gutted after blowing yet another huge lead. They’ll be ripe for the picking next week. Chance to go back to back.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Knights struggling due to the chokers influence there.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team deserve it *runs away and cries*
Surely with a squad like the cows have it would be a total embarasment if they got the spoon. On paper we should get it but hopefully we continue to play as we did last week

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely with a squad like the cows have it would be a total embarasment if they got the spoon. On paper we should get it but hopefully we continue to play as we did last week

Yeah, for a team that were joint premiership favourites at the start of the year, one can't help but wonder what happened.
Even with injuries they still have a very strong roster

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Parra have pretty hard run home. Our finish is much more kind. Surely we can finish above them on the ladder. That's all this year comes down to now.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon if we beat parra in rnd 19 that will be the spoon settled. I think we will get more wins than them anyway from here on but if we beat them again they won't catch us

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, for a team that were joint premiership favourites at the start of the year, one can't help but wonder what happened.
Even with injuries they still have a very strong roster
Exactly right, they still have one of the best spines and the best forward in the game. It's ridiculous how shit they have been this year. I reckon if we just had taumololo playing for us we would challenge for the 8

Status
Not open for further replies.