The Travel Thread

N

Natboy

At this stage Natboy, I am yet to book my flights ... a friend swayed me away from Patong area, though I thought a visit there would be worthwhile.
Likely hit up Krabi, PhiPhi, Karon, Kata.

I would be super interested in catching some muay thai fights if you have any suggestions.

Hotel suggestions would be welcomed if you have any.

cheers again!

~cb.
Yeah I would definitely head to Patong to have a look around. I usually stay at the Ban Thai because it's so central.
A lot of the restaurants on the beach strip are just expensive and very average food. I tend to eat the street back.

Phi Phi is still very nice but so packed. Hopefully it won't be so bad out of peak season.
It's so strange how the crowd changes from year to year & I will be interested in an update from you.
One year we go and it's all Swedish girls :love:then the next year it's full of Saudi men :arab:but the next year is Swedes again. So weird

Get a good boat to Phi phi. You really get what you pay for over there and if it's choppy on the way home you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't pay an extra $50 as you're flying in the air and landing on your bum so hard you think your tailbone will break lol.

I wasn't too wrapped in Karon but Krabi is nice. I think I was just annoyed in Karon because my private beach was all sharp rocks with hardly any sand haha.

Everyone is different though. We are heading to Koh Chang after Chiang Mai and I've never been there either so looking forward to it.

You can't miss the muay thai trucks doing laps in Patong. They will tell you when the next fight is. It's a great experience and I try to go 2-3 times each trip :boxing_sm

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In New Orleans atm. Wow..I've been to other states in the U.S numerous times before but this one is an eye opener!! Can't wait to try their Gumbo!! Looks like it can get a bit out of control with the alcohol here in the French quarter. Lol

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The family and I are going to L.A in April, planning on doing Disney Land and either California Adventure or Knotts Berry Farm (our daughter will be 15) which place do people recommend?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The family and I are going to L.A in April, planning on doing Disney Land and either California Adventure or Knotts Berry Farm (our daughter will be 15) which place do people recommend?
LA in general was a real let down for me.

I have been to a few parts of America and I would recommend going to New York, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, San Fransisco, Hawaii.

Most of LA, Beverly Hills etc was just like going to Surfers Paradise just bigger.

Santa Monica is a nice beachy place with shops etc, good to relax but still tourist (was close enough for a taxi to Staples Centre and Universal Studio etc)

Vegas is probz no good for the kids but amazing place for a couple.

New York is awesome if you've never been you have so much to do and would be perfect or kids too.

San Fran is in the same boat, good for kids, plenty to see.

Hawaii is awesome for relaxing and just going with the flow.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Disneyland and California adventure park were fun for smaller kids if you are looking for something a bit more adventurous I would recommend six flags magic mountain there are some brilliant rides there!! Has the record for the most rollercoasters in a theme park in the world lots of fun I had an absolute blast there!!!

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are doing 2 nights in Anaheim, 4 nights in Santa Monica and 3 in Beverly Hills. We are going to do Disney Land, Universal Studios and maybe Knots Berry Farm.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are doing 2 nights in Anaheim, 4 nights in Santa Monica and 3 in Beverly Hills. We are going to do Disney Land, Universal Studios and maybe Knots Berry Farm.
magic mountain is about 20mins north of Beverly Hills also just round the corner from where Paul walker crashed!!!

Honestly don't rate knotts berry farm few good rides but overall it needs a good facelift pretty old & tired in saying that though still pisses on anything we have here in australia

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If anyone is interested 7 Sunrise will be in Cancun tomorrow.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they will catch a shot of that filthy border jumper illegal immigrant dora the Explorer selling oranges on the side of a freeway

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 cruises under my belt with different lines and intend doing more when I can. Just reading through some of your comments here and wondered if any of you have had a crack at central of northern Australia?. About 10 years ago I did something I would not even consider today. Drove from Gove NT to Katherine, in the wet season!!. We blew 5 tyres, it took 2 days across 700klms of one of the most remote areas Australia has to offer. Didn't try to count the Donkeys out there, but in the thousands!! Really made me realise how big our country is.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 cruises under my belt with different lines and intend doing more when I can. Just reading through some of your comments here and wondered if any of you have had a crack at central of northern Australia?. About 10 years ago I did something I would not even consider today. Drove from Gove NT to Katherine, in the wet season!!. We blew 5 tyres, it took 2 days across 700klms of one of the most remote areas Australia has to offer. Didn't try to count the Donkeys out there, but in the thousands!! Really made me realise how big our country is.
Ive done all the east coast turned at Townsville went inland to Katherine up to top then across to broome .
I got some freinds out in gove

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully they will catch a shot of that filthy border jumper illegal immigrant dora the Explorer selling oranges on the side of a freeway
Bahahahahahahahahha

But all jokes aside, Cancun is my happy place. My missus boss was sending me there in business class to oversee a project he has there but the doctors won't let me fly.

Fuking hate my life.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahha

But all jokes aside, Cancun is my happy place. My missus boss was sending me there in business class to oversee a project he has there but the doctors won't let me fly.

Fuking hate my life.
You will get the new ticker than you will be sitting on the beach throwing back those poofy little drinks on a banana chair throwing pesos on the ground and watching the little sexy mexs in their bikinis bending over to pick it up.
You're a fukking ox brother you will get there

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LA in general was a real let down for me.

I have been to a few parts of America and I would recommend going to New York, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, San Fransisco, Hawaii.

Most of LA, Beverly Hills etc was just like going to Surfers Paradise just bigger.

Santa Monica is a nice beachy place with shops etc, good to relax but still tourist (was close enough for a taxi to Staples Centre and Universal Studio etc)

Vegas is probz no good for the kids but amazing place for a couple.

New York is awesome if you've never been you have so much to do and would be perfect or kids too.

San Fran is in the same boat, good for kids, plenty to see.

Hawaii is awesome for relaxing and just going with the flow.
Try going with just the boys!!! and you'll see what amazing really means

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive done all the east coast turned at Townsville went inland to Katherine up to top then across to broome .
I got some freinds out in gove
You drove the Barkly Highway!! One of the best roads around and hardly anyone ever uses it!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You will get the new ticker than you will be sitting on the beach throwing back those poofy little drinks on a banana chair throwing pesos on the ground and watching the little sexy mexs in their bikinis bending over to pick it up.
You're a fukking ox brother you will get there
Change the poofy little drinks to a bottle of tequila and you're spot on lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Change the poofy little drinks to a bottle of tequila and you're spot on lol
Southy will come visit in his big fat guy shirt with my big fat guy hat and pink zink smoking a big cigar eating burritos like a pig

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Southy will come visit in his big fat guy shirt with my big fat guy hat and pink zink smoking a big cigar eating burritos like a pig
I'm holding you to that bro. We can have a "kennel barbie" on the beaches of Cancun.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a bad looking place. Have a look at the map I've attached. This bay is the size of Botany Bay and when you look across it, it's no different to what it was 200 years ago. No sign of humans except for a very old small cemetery off the beach on the peninsula. The beach goes forever and the first time I stood on it I just went WOW. It must be one of the most beautiful places on earth, as are the surrounding beaches on that part of the coast. If you like to fish, it's more than worth the cost of the trip.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...3ab7980bfa799:0x40217a82a254c30!6m1!1e1?hl=en