The Travel Thread

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:plane:The all things travel thread :plane:

A place for kennelers to give travel advice, great holiday destinations etc

I love traveling and always love to hear about other peoples experiences both positive and negative.

Im off to Malaysia next year for 2 weeks(flying air Malaysia) cant wait! Anyone else been?

Thinking of hitting up KL, Penang and Langkawi.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I, too, love traveling. I'm going to Hawaii next year for my honeymoon and want to go back to New York and Vegas mid next year. I'm kinda over Vegas (been 3 times) but the missus loves it.

I've never been to Hawaii before, can people who have been tell me a bit about it, please?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Been to LA, Vegas, Dallas and Cancun.

Cancun is my favourite place on Earth.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been to LA, Vegas, Dallas and Cancun.

Cancun is my favourite place on Earth.
First time I ever went outside Europe was to a work conference in Cancun - was awesome, plus I stayed out there to travel round the Mayan sites in Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Was absolutely superb.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
KL is good for shopping and bargaining if u like that sort of thing...
hawaii is the best....beaches / restaurants / activities and shopping all rolled into one....make sure u hit the outlets in waikele before any of the shopping centres...ala moana is great for shopping too...
and cheesecake factory is probably the best place ever to eat...cheap and quality is much better than u wuld think...plus the cakes are awesome

Reaction score
I, too, love traveling. I'm going to Hawaii next year for my honeymoon and want to go back to New York and Vegas mid next year. I'm kinda over Vegas (been 3 times) but the missus loves it.

I've never been to Hawaii before, can people who have been tell me a bit about it, please?
out of all the places i've been hawaii has been the most unremarkable. you can't walk for more than a couple of meters on the street before someone is trying to sell you something dodgy like drugs, passports, credit cards, drivers licenses, etc

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:plane:The all things travel thread :plane:

A place for kennelers to give travel advice, great holiday destinations etc

I love traveling and always love to hear about other peoples experiences both positive and negative.

Im off to Malaysia next year for 2 weeks(flying air Malaysia) cant wait! Anyone else been?

Thinking of hitting up KL, Penang and Langkawi.
Is Malaysia airlines still in business?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
out of all the places i've been hawaii has been the most unremarkable. you can't walk for more than a couple of meters on the street before someone is trying to sell you something dodgy like drugs, passports, credit cards, drivers licenses, etc
^Sounds like Bali.

Ive been all over Europe & few countries in Asia. Still I want to try Russia, Africa & possibly South America.

The US for some reason doesn't interest me as from what I here its very similar to here.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
cheesecake factory is probably the best place ever to eat...cheap and quality is much better than u wuld think...plus the cakes are awesome
Truer words have never been spoken! I had the pulled pork burger there and I can honestly say it was the best thing I have ever eaten my entire life.

Sounds like a cleaner version of Cancun. We got offered everything from T-shirts from across the road, to "blow" and a brothel tried to trick us to come in saying they were a strip club.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
wtf...i never copped any of that...i did have sum1 walk past me and yell - CHRONIC ...i didnt no where it came from but it was funny as hell

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The US for some reason doesn't interest me as from what I here its very similar to here.
Not really. If you're a 'foodie' (f*cking hate that word) like me, you'll like it there. Shopping is piss cheap, too. I adore New York, TBH.

I love traveling but I have no interest in Europe. I know people rave on about it but I have no intention of ever going there. Every European I have came across while overseas have been insanely arrogant so I can only imagine it would be 1000X worse in their country. And I really don't give a crap about history so nothing really takes my interest.

On a side note, people think/say Americans are arrogant. While they have a strange fetish for wanting to f*ck their flag hence the need for it to be absolutely everywhere, they're pretty friendly. The only 'problems' I've come across is that New Yorkers have no etiquette and are too busy to smile. (No waiting until people have gotten out of the lift/train then walk in etc)

Texans and Arizonians are crazy friendly to the point where they'll go out of their way to be friendly. But then again, they're nice, right states.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DoggiesUtd, here is the threesome in my mouth I'm talking about:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn! That burger looks insane! We ordered too many entrees so we were pretty full after our meals to have any dessert. Will definitely have their dessert next year.

Decided to a fat f*ck one night in Vegas and ordered this: My missus had about 3/4 of ONE hot dog and I finished the rest. Well, not the chips...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
best burger in the world is fatburger. I have been to vegas twice but im going back for 2 reasons, thrash the lamborghini aventador roadster around las vegas speedway and fatburger.
:D

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really. If you're a 'foodie' (f*cking hate that word) like me, you'll like it there. Shopping is piss cheap, too. I adore New York, TBH.

I love traveling but I have no interest in Europe. I know people rave on about it but I have no intention of ever going there. Every European I have came across while overseas have been insanely arrogant so I can only imagine it would be 1000X worse in their country. And I really don't give a crap about history so nothing really takes my interest.

On a side note, people think/say Americans are arrogant. While they have a strange fetish for wanting to f*ck their flag hence the need for it to be absolutely everywhere, they're pretty friendly. The only 'problems' I've come across is that New Yorkers have no etiquette and are too busy to smile. (No waiting until people have gotten out of the lift/train then walk in etc)

Texans and Arizonians are crazy friendly to the point where they'll go out of their way to be friendly. But then again, they're nice, right states.
Look if I did go to the US I would try Vegas, Miami & New York.

Food, yeah I like food but I find food is good all over the world. All I hear from the US is their servings are massive. Apparently our large coke from Maccas is not even their small coke. Their massive size is like 1.5lt or something. Shopping, I hate shopping. My mrs does more than enough. If it was a sport my mrs would get a Gold Medal without doubt.

I more into what I would do there. I would like to see a major league baseball game, Basketball, Boxing & NFL only with someone that knows whats going on. I would also race a few cars around Vegas & see SEMA!

If you ever go to Europe you must try Switzerland, Holland, Greece & the Balkans. Their my pick!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Done a fair bit of Australia some real hidden gems took me 12 months from syd to Broome. I want to retire in the u.s. somewhere in the deep south with my banjo