The Trance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Someone care to explain...

Whats the difference between all these?

What makes Trance... Trance? How is it different from Drum n Bass, House etc...

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone care to explain...

Whats the difference between all these?

What makes Trance... Trance? How is it different from Drum n Bass, House etc...
From Wikipedia:

Trance is a style of electronic dance music that developed in the 1990s. Trance music is generally characterized by a tempo of between 130 and 155 BPM, short melodic synthesizer phrases, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track. It is a combination of many forms of electronic music such as industrial, techno, and house. The origin of the term is uncertain, with some suggesting that the term is derived from the Klaus Schulze album Trancefer (1981) or the early trance act Dance 2 Trance. In any case, the name is undoubtedly linked to the perceived ability of music to induce an altered state of consciousness known as a trance. The effect of some trance music has been likened to the trance-inducing music created by ancient shamanists during long periods of drumming

My definition - It is a lot more hypnotic and soothing as opposed to being uplifting and making you want get up and jump up and down (other dance genres). It puts you in a state of "trance". I find it puts me in another world when I listen to it.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Why must the spam queens get hold of every thread.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.