The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
First let me say I’m not a Lego collector but I am a big Indiana Jones fan. It’s come to my attention that Lego has released three new sets based on the original movies. However, the planned Temple of Doom set is not being release, nor further plans to release it. It is believed it is not being released due to race/religious sensitivity. It must be noted this concern was raised in 1983/84 when the movie was in production. It actually forced the movie to be filmed in Sri Lanka rather than the place of its setting, India, as Indian officialdom were not pleased with the depiction of Indians, of Kali and the Thuggee cult.

Kali can be compared to the idea of ‘Mother Nature’, it represents both the destructive and benevolent sides of nature. Some miners in India pray to a shrine before they go to work to ask Kali to not to allow any ‘bad’ natural thing to happen. As for Thuggee they were an actual cult of Assassins (@ASSASSIN ;) )who worshipped Kali and robbed and murdered Indians and the English. It’s accepted the word ‘Thug’ is derived from the gang‘s name

I understand the checked origin that led to the creation of Mola Ram and the Thuggee cult in Temple of Doom. However, to not release a set because of this, IMHO, is going a little too far, in particular when there was no problem releasing Temple of Doom Lego sets before. In addition, it doesn’t reflect the whole of Indian society, it represents a legitimate cult, well as accurate representation as Hollywood actions movies get.

Anyway, I know it’s just a Lego set but it certainly represents the Disney influence on our beloved characters and movies, and highlights cancel culture that sometimes goes way overboard not wanting to offend anyone or thing. In particular, when that was not the original intent of the content or actions.

Whats next, Wookiees being phased out of Lego sets because metro sexual men think too much hair is offensive? :fearscream:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First let me say I’m not a Lego collector but I am a big Indiana Jones fan. It’s come to my attention that Lego has released three new sets based on the original movies. However, the planned Temple of Doom set is not being release, nor further plans to release it. It is believed it is not being released due to race/religious sensitivity. It must be noted this concern was raised in 1983/84 when the movie was in production. It actually forced the movie to be filmed in Sri Lanka rather than the place of its setting, India, as Indian officialdom were not pleased with the depiction of Indians, of Kali and the Thuggee cult.

Kali can be compared to the idea of ‘Mother Nature’, it represents both the destructive and benevolent sides of nature. Some miners in India pray to a shrine before they go to work to ask Kali to not to allow any ‘bad’ natural thing to happen. As for Thuggee they were an actual cult of Assassins (@ASSASSIN ;) )who worshipped Kali and robbed and murdered Indians and the English. It’s accepted the word ‘Thug’ is derived from the gang‘s name

I understand the checked origin that led to the creation of Mola Ram and the Thuggee cult in Temple of Doom. However, to not release a set because of this, IMHO, is going a little too far, in particular when there was no problem releasing a Temple of Doom Lego sets before. In addition, it doesn’t reflect the whole of Indian society, it represents a legitimate cult, well as accurate representation as Hollywood actions movies get.

Anyway, I know it’s just a Lego set but it certainly represents the Disney influence on our beloved characters and movies, and highlights cancel culture that sometimes goes way overboard not wanting to offend anyone or thing. In particular, when that was not the original intent of the content or actions.

Whats next, Wookiees being phased out of Lego sets because metro sexual men think too much hair is offensive? :fearscream:

Bunch of soft cocks... I reckon I could make them cry with words in about 30 seconds.

9 times out of 10 its either a white person or a jew getting triggered on other people's behalf.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats more important the power trip or society?
I might be a bit chewed up about Australia's oldest conspiracy, gee this is a shit idea, worse than me, won't fool me.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my dog to the beach today, when we got past the path bit from car park to beach, I left my thongs near there, like lotsa peeps do. 2 hours later when we go to leave, I realise some Michael Hunt had stolen my thongs. That's just f'en Australian. So to whoever stole my $6 Big W thongs, Faark you, and I hate Souffs even more now.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Took my dog to the beach today, when we got past the path bit from car park to beach, I left my thongs near there, like lotsa peeps do. 2 hours later when we go to leave, I realise some Michael Hunt had stolen my thongs. That's just f'en Australian. So to whoever stole my $6 Big W thongs, Faark you, and I hate Souffs even more now.
Was there an Asian park wedding nearby.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
You can steal a man’s wife it happens but don’t even think about thongs.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I went to Coles last night. They had no small trollies so I took one of the cruise ship sized versions. Took my stuff to the self serve section with multiple checkout stations, had loaded up about half my stuff when I'm approached by the overseer person there and the following conversation starts

She says I can't bring a big trolley through there, I'm going to have to go to one of the other checkouts. I said I've got about six things left to scan and I'll be gone. She told me I can't go through there again and I'll have to put my scanned items back in the trolley and go through another checkout as the big trollies are not meant to go through here. I immediately got the shits but kept my cool and said again that I've got more in my shopping bags than in the trolley and I'll be gone in under a minute. She says my only options are to go through one of the larger self serve bays or go through a staff operated one. I told her there's actually a third option. I then emptied my bags back into the trolley and said she can put this back, I'm off to Woolworths.

At this stage I'm not sure if I'm an asshole on this for not wanting to go and spend another 5 to 10 minutes to get my shopping finished when I was 45 seconds away from being done or if she's the asshole for insisting I go back when I was close to finished. Either way I hope next time she just tells anyone using a big trolley that they can't come though next time. Really pissed me off having to go to Woolworths because she couldn't apply logic, but at the same time I took a small amount of petty pleasure from knowing she'd be stuck having to return three bags worth of shopping to the shelves.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Coles last night. They had no small trollies so I took one of the cruise ship sized versions. Took my stuff to the self serve section with multiple checkout stations, had loaded up about half my stuff when I'm approached by the overseer person there and the following conversation starts

She says I can't bring a big trolley through there, I'm going to have to go to one of the other checkouts. I said I've got about six things left to scan and I'll be gone. She told me I can't go through there again and I'll have to put my scanned items back in the trolley and go through another checkout as the big trollies are not meant to go through here. I immediately got the shits but kept my cool and said again that I've got more in my shopping bags than in the trolley and I'll be gone in under a minute. She says my only options are to go through one of the larger self serve bays or go through a staff operated one. I told her there's actually a third option. I then emptied my bags back into the trolley and said she can put this back, I'm off to Woolworths.

At this stage I'm not sure if I'm an asshole on this for not wanting to go and spend another 5 to 10 minutes to get my shopping finished when I was 45 seconds away from being done or if she's the asshole for insisting I go back when I was close to finished. Either way I hope next time she just tells anyone using a big trolley that they can't come though next time. Really pissed me off having to go to Woolworths because she couldn't apply logic, but at the same time I took a small amount of petty pleasure from knowing she'd be stuck having to return three bags worth of shopping to the shelves.
I would have left as well, talk about taking your job too seriously!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

She is a miserable ****.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hangovers, accusations, what a comedian I am, gotta stop making me paranoid I might stay like it.
Fuck ariel ping pong. always ask me first, sorry to the innocent affected but some people gotta have it their way, two way street.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sick to death of hearing the car and with what's popping as the sound track. I hated the fucking song when I'd only heard it on the tv concert series thing. Now it's played every ad break. Really shit song.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Weird, my local Coles tell us to use the self service with the large trolleys & I ask for the staff discount code, they don't find that funny.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Should of kept scanning your shit while agreeing with her.... what could she do ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can steal a man’s wife it happens but don’t even think about thongs.
You need to wear thongs in to get your comfy groove, wife is different, once you have destroyed its holes and they no longer function right, unlike a blow our on a double plugger which can be fixed with a coke can ring pull,same can't be said about the wife, it needs to be replaced for something 15 years younger with a bit of elasticity.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You need to wear thongs in to get your comfy groove, wife is different, once you have destroyed its holes and they no longer function right, unlike a blow our on a double plugger which can be fixed with a coke can ring pull,same can't be said about the wife, it needs to be replaced for something 15 years younger with a bit of elasticity.
The coke can ring pull method can transform a thong into a fancy tap shoe. One day tap dancers will learn this and develop the tap and clap combo. Only possible wearing thongs.