The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if banning plastic straws in fruit juice poppers isnt bad enough now Woolworths wanna ban plastic bags altogether, things we need.
Ban stupid legislation that justifies fuckheads keeping a job.
Us, the mere end consumers are always the easiest targets for this shit. Colesworth can then go on and say how green and environmental friendly they are. Meanwhile, go to any of their fruit and vege sections and see how much of those products are covered with 3 layers of cling-wrap.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As if banning plastic straws in fruit juice poppers isnt bad enough now Woolworths wanna ban plastic bags altogether, things we need.
stopping the plastic just = more money in their pockets.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Coles are now selling paper bags for 25 cents. I won't buy a single one. The plastic ones were 15c and you could re-use them for a lot of shopping trips. A paper bag might under extreme luck last two trips. This is a cash grab and I'll argue till I'm blue in the face if anyone wants to try convincing me otherwise.

stopping the plastic just = more money in their pockets.
Absolutely. They've designed bags that are shit even prior to going for the paper option. I actually bought a reusable bag with the bulldog logo on it a while ago. I tried to rip the price tag off and the fucking handle ripped instead of the tag. So the plan was always to have people buying them as frequently as possible.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coles are now selling paper bags for 25 cents. I won't buy a single one. The plastic ones were 15c and you could re-use them for a lot of shopping trips. A paper bag might under extreme luck last two trips. This is a cash grab and I'll argue till I'm blue in the face if anyone wants to try convincing me otherwise.
25c a bag for something that will go in the bin after a couple of uses is stupid, much better off buying bags made with canvas or material which will last considerably longer.

Absolutely. They've designed bags that are shit even prior to going for the paper option. I actually bought a reusable bag with the bulldog logo on it a while ago. I tried to rip the price tag off and the fucking handle ripped instead of the tag. So the plan was always to have people buying them as frequently as possible.
I while back I bought one of those $1 bags from the woollies counter that was folded, got home and the seem was ripped just from putting some items in it, these bags are supposed to last. The material ones from Aldi I have had for years and are still going strong.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
25c a bag for something that will go in the bin after a couple of uses is stupid, much better off buying bags made with canvas or material which will last considerably longer.

I while back I bought one of those $1 bags from the woollies counter that was folded, got home and the seem was ripped just from putting some items in it, these bags are supposed to last. The material ones from Aldi I have had for years and are still going strong.
If I ever take up a life of crime, I'm not going to target banks. I'll target supermarkets and venues with poker machines. It feels like they're becoming the biggest theives round these days.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I believe once you buy those $1 bags, they replace for free no questions asked. I have had a few replaced myself so give it a try :grinning:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of having people in shopping centres just stop and look like their thinking and you have to dodge them and throw in the dumb fucks on their phone expecting you to move because their not looking where their going.
I should get some t-shirts printed and on the front in big writing have ' If your on your phone you wouldn't be on the ground ' that's where they'll be if their not looking where their walking.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless your the PM I dont trust anyone who continually tries to quote 'this country'.
Save society, end Amloh's fiasco

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I remember when they fazed paper bags out for plastic, now it's the other way round

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pieces of shit that try to do burnouts in shit boxes but all that happens is the engine over-revs and the tyres don't spin.

Sad *****.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parra westfield and DFO Homebush. The two biggest shopping centre disasters!

Parking an absolute nightmare and the amount of window shoppers who go there for the aircon.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just take my own bags. Weve had years to collect a dozen or so cloth bags, why is it a thing?
Because plastic bags are convenient and it doesnt matter if we bulldoze plastic or paper, who gives a shit, its a hole in the ground, the Tips are full of crud.
The bureaucrats are ass licking on this with no environmental gain until 2050 when the plastic will decompose too.
Plastic Bags Now!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because plastic bags are convenient and it doesnt matter if we bulldoze plastic or paper, who gives a shit, its a hole in the ground, the Tips are full of crud.
The bureaucrats are ass licking on this with no environmental gain until 2050 when the plastic will decompose too.
Plastic Bags Now!
Fair enough.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Betting adds and Laurie Daley plus Joel Caine, bring back cigarettes and alcohol as sponsors.