The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When someone says you can't have your home and life things go a bit flippant and stubborn, sorry about the upheaval version, woulda preferred the discretion one, always gutter tactics.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's been a few times lately that I've nodded off in front of the tv only to wake up to some crappy white rapper called jack Harlow being pushed as the next big thing by some infomercial type thing on channel 7. I've only listened to about 30 seconds of his song (and only because it took 29 seconds to find the remote) and I want to belt the shit out of the dude. There's just something incredibly annoying about him. I think we should start a referendum to end the production of new music. It's just gone wrong beyond the point of saving.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everything so expensive?
People sell stuff on marketplace for huge $$ when most dont even know what they are even selling. Stick "vintage" in the title and therses an automatic 300% mark up.
I went to life line yesterday cause Im chasing a tape player to strip for a project. They had a tape recorder there for $50. Couldn't believe it. They get their stock for free, Ive donated car loads of stuff to that place. They had a radio that on first glance looks like a 60's valve radio. Quick inspection its a newer remake transistor unit on a vintage design. $100 they wanted for it, thats theft I tells yu.
And when did teac and sherwood for example become 'classics' worthy of high prices? They were junk to begin with yet people on marketplace asking big $$ for these brands.
The last tape deck I sold for $15 about 2 years ago. Im an idiot because every time I sell one for some strange reason I end up needing another. Happens with most stuff I get rid of. Problem is everyone now wants big $$ for anything 10 years or older.
I'm so sick of people on marketplace, I already had a descent price and for something that is new never been used still bugger all buyers so I thought I would sweeten the pie with ono and some turd wanted another $50 bucks off, ok I could be wrong but my guessing was ono was about $20 off not $50, didn't even bother answering the guy.
I know people go onto Gumtree, marketplace expecting to save money instead of buying it from a store but don't expect to pay nothing, if you were looking to buy a $2000 brand new tv from JB or Harvey Norman I'm pretty sure they wouldn't except you offering $500.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People who don't know how to order without holding up a fucking whole shop you can see the board clear as day before you approach the cashier make a fucking decision then .get your shit together and place the order, if it's not on the menu don't fucking um and ahh and ask" do you do this " have your wallet, purse, phone ready and futher hold up people when you decide what card to use or wherever you put your coffee card to get stamped ,then move the fuck out of the way .
Rant over got my coffee can now function
Shops need a 'pain in the arse line' because there is always some fuckwit who will hold up a line guaranteed, I still see someone struggling to use their keycard or their phone and instead of saying to the cashier serve these people they persist with trying to get their card or phone to work, I feel like going up to them and dragging the fuckwit out of the shop and yelling piss off you pain in the arse.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm so sick of people on marketplace, I already had a descent price and for something that is new never been used still bugger all buyers so I thought I would sweeten the pie with ono and some turd wanted another $50 bucks off, ok I could be wrong but my guessing was ono was about $20 off not $50, didn't even bother answering the guy.
I know people go onto Gumtree, marketplace expecting to save money instead of buying it from a store but don't expect to pay nothing, if you were looking to buy a $2000 brand new tv from JB or Harvey Norman I'm pretty sure they wouldn't except you offering $500.
Yeah unfortunately there are a few dickheads out there that insult you with low ball offers.
There are heaps of scammers aswell.
I just try and ignore em.
Overall I find marketplace the best way to buy and sell stuff.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the wife uses the last of the tomato sauce and dosnt tell me. Who the fuck does that?
Throw a pie in the oven for 35mins, grab a can of coke your just about to hook in and go to the cupboard and there's no sauce left.
I mean fuck me dead, thats grounds for a divorce surely?
Looking forward to seeing you appear on the real crime tv show 'Meet, Marry, Murder'.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago when a restaurant changed ownership a sign was usually put up saying under new management, now you only realise there are new owners when the food turns from good to shit, when it comes to eateries when the shop changes hands a sign should be put where everyone can see it, I know the reason your not told is because they don't want to lose customers but if the quality of the food is not as good you will lose customers anyway jmo.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Years ago when a restaurant changed ownership a sign was usually put up saying under new management, now you only realise there are new owners when the food turns from good to shit, when it comes to eateries when the shop changes hands a sign should be put where everyone can see it, I know the reason your not told is because they don't want to lose customers but if the quality of the food is not as good you will lose customers anyway jmo.
It can be as little as losing a good head chef though. I work in a nursing home kitchen and 4/5 people who do the cooking get compliments every day. The last one cops complaints pretty much every meal.

But it's true. I've also worked at a restaurant where the new manager decided they'd cut the quality of food they bought and it be quickly went downhill.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F'en entitled K*nts who move into a renowned live music precinct, then immediately make noise complaints.

That's a bit shit. I've moved into flats where I got new neighbours afterwards who were assholes that'd have music going mega loud at all hours. I put in noise complaints about them. But I wouldn't move into a place over a live music venue and start complaining.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ever wonder how the other Human planets are going?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else ever wonder how the other Human planets are going?
Not really. But whenever I look out a window when flying looking down to the cities and cleared lands below I think how ridiculously insignificant we are.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really. But whenever I look out a window when flying looking down to the cities and cleared lands below I think how ridiculously insignificant we are.
I suppose you will never understand how big Earth is until you have been around it and the same with the stars, every star is a sun with solar system, so how many planets support humans.
Are their V8s any good and will the Bulldogs outplay their RL teams?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Shit **** drivers....

I can accurately guess if you're a shit **** driver or not by what you drive.

Top 3 shit **** cars on the road....

1. MG
2. BMW
3. Ford

Worst fkn drivers...

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I suppose you will never understand how big Earth is until you have been around it and the same with the stars, every star is a sun with solar system, so how many planets support humans.
Are their V8s any good and will the Bulldogs outplay their RL teams?
Billions of stars out there, surely there is at least 1 planet with intelligent life forms that only drive 426 hemi powered vehicles.