The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could global warming be making more cloud so that we are locked in eternal drizzle?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Getting pretty sick of advertising seemingly aimed at blokes that makes me feel homophobic.

Examples
The tradie body spray ads where the two blokes are sniffing each other and now sharing a bath.
The crappy bet with mates ad where the four blokes do everything together. That's a double whammy as I can't stand gambling ads anyway.
The Bundy and cola ad that plays to the pina colada tune.

I don't know what the advertisers think their target audience is but I'll steer well clear of these products.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe thought I’d post here because it wasn’t appropriate to go deeper on this topic on meme page.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements is a political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement that seeks to highlight racism, discrimination, and inequality experienced by black people

Feminism is a range of socio-political movements and ideologies that aim to define and establish the political, economic, personal, and social equality

I’m just dropping facts. They are political movements to say otherwise is misinformation. So I don’t get why you’re so upset by it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe thought I’d post here because it wasn’t appropriate to go deeper on this topic on meme page.

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements is a political ideology and social movement that advocate for the full acceptance of LGBT people in society

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement that seeks to highlight racism, discrimination, and inequality experienced by black people

Feminism is a range of socio-political movements and ideologies that aim to define and establish the political, economic, personal, and social equality

I’m just dropping facts. They are political movements to say otherwise is misinformation. So I don’t get why you’re so upset by it
Social and/or political movements that aim to tackle inequality and bring acceptance. And your response is to attack them because you don't like them.

Sure, if there's issues with a movement, attack those issues. We see it all the time on here. It leads to debate. But to paint an entire community as paedophile groomer is just plain wrong and no different to painting an entire religion as paedophiles.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Social and/or political movements that aim to tackle inequality and bring acceptance. And your response is to attack them because you don't like them.

Sure, if there's issues with a movement, attack those issues. We see it all the time on here. It leads to debate. But to paint an entire community as paedophile groomer is just plain wrong and no different to painting an entire religion as paedophiles.
Not and/or they are political and social movements. They’re not separated.
Groomer is pretty relevant when you have certain people spreading that ideology to minors especially behind parents backs. That’s messed up. Pretty sure all I’ve been doing and did with the meme was attack the political ideology and how they go about it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not and/or they are political and social movements. They’re not separated.
Groomer is pretty relevant when you have certain people spreading that ideology to minors especially behind parents backs. That’s messed up. Pretty sure all I’ve been doing and did with the meme was attack the political ideology and how they go about it.
The issue is that it's ideologies of acceptance. Don't get me wrong, there's messed up individuals like the nut job in lingerie in the Australian Museum. But what is wrong about teaching children to be accepting?

We're not taking about teaching kids about gay sex, because that does not happen. It never happened. It was bullshit spread by a homophobic governor in an effort to get any gender stuff banned in discussions, but that same governor supports laws that allow kids to be massacred at school.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The issue is that it's ideologies of acceptance. Don't get me wrong, there's messed up individuals like the nut job in lingerie in the Australian Museum. But what is wrong about teaching children to be accepting?

We're not taking about teaching kids about gay sex, because that does not happen. It never happened. It was bullshit spread by a homophobic governor in an effort to get any gender stuff banned in discussions, but that same governor supports laws that allow kids to be massacred at school.
Hacky it is not bullshit it is well documented that they indeed were teaching kids about gay sex that is why parents got furious and this whole thing blew up and the whole groomer thing f happened because grown men were upset they couldn’t teach minors about gay sex which to them is “acceptance of ones sexuality and self” and so msm started calling it a don’t say gay bill to make it about homophobia and transphobia. Minors don’t need to learn about that at school their parents can decide. America has laws to allow kids to commit massacres? Can you please link that law. Or are you just talking about teens allowed to have guns and you’ve sorted gone a bit too hard with your agenda in your wording of it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hacky it is not bullshit it is well documented that they indeed were teaching kids about gay sex that is why parents got furious and this whole thing blew up and the whole groomer thing f happened because grown men were upset they couldn’t teach minors about gay sex which to them is “acceptance of ones sexuality and self” and so msm started calling it a don’t say gay bill to make it about homophobia and transphobia. Minors don’t need to learn about that at school their parents can decide. America has laws to allow kids to commit massacres? Can you please link that law. Or are you just talking about teens allowed to have guns and you’ve sorted gone a bit too hard with your agenda in your wording of it
Rubbish

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Recycled recitals being drummed into the public.
I have my morals and limits and think people should be judged on public mutual respect not gutter tactics that only incite.
Fuck the poshathon

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I broke my arm this week. I emailed my boss (who’s in the UK) the medical certificate which was for two weeks (at this stage), and I told him how it happened etc. He didn’t reply or even ask how I was. A few hours later, he sent me a MS teams meeting invite to a customer meeting on Monday. Apart from being a k*nt act, is that actually legal? It’s certainly not ethical.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I broke my arm this week. I emailed my boss (who’s in the UK) the medical certificate which was for two weeks (at this stage), and I told him how it happened etc. He didn’t reply or even ask how I was. A few hours later, he sent me a MS teams meeting invite to a customer meeting on Monday. Apart from being a k*nt act, is that actually legal? It’s certainly not ethical.
"How does a broken arm stop you from working?"
- Your boss, probably.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who treat others with contempt who have superiority complex.
People who use remote control surround sound interrogation.
If I don't get normal circumstances, there won't be normal outcomes, too many fingers in the pie.
I'm not into bizarre precedents, my business isnt everyones business, hope they get the shits and lose interest, if they wanna stalk I don't want their respect.
Power trips are not more important than the big picture.
The Commies don't represent Newy, like many communities have been coerced into going along with shit.
Sorry to anyone affected by disagreements in the north.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The remote control interrogation scare tactic accusathon went really well.
Quelled all their queries.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most everyday interactions usually annoy me but one thing that grinds my gears is while waiting for *insert anything relevant here*, people from behind just push through with no disregard and beat you to whatever it is.
I'm talking about public transport mainly but fuck me there are so many instances.
If I'm in front of you and waiting for someone to get off first, it doesn't give you the right to get in front of me and others cos you're a fucking rude kent.
Just common courtesy come on people!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Most everyday interactions usually annoy me but one thing that grinds my gears is while waiting for *insert anything relevant here*, people from behind just push through with no disregard and beat you to whatever it is.
I'm talking about public transport mainly but fuck me there are so many instances.
If I'm in front of you and waiting for someone to get off first, it doesn't give you the right to get in front of me and others cos you're a fucking rude kent.
Just common courtesy come on people!
I don't care if I get labelled racist but the Asians (especially the older ones) do it all the time. They push in like they own the place and then play dumb or try the no English trick.

I remember when I had to use a walking stick just to slowly move around and this Asian bloke fully charges at me to get in from of me in the line at the chemist.

I just used my walking stick to drag him back to the end of the line....after a few choice words.

The worker apologised to me and actually refused him service.