The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They'd actually have to pay writers and actors to produce quality content. By running with reality TV they pretty much get people willing to sell their souls to be on TV. It's the perfect formula. Cash in on advertising while spending very little on cast etc. In some cases they even manage to get people to pay stupid money to vote to eject contetsants while doubling down by allowing people to vote to keep them. It's one of those I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
I suppose growing up watching tv, there was much to choose from.
We had variety shows, drama's, comedies. Even had late night shows. We had skit shows taking the piss out of anything that was begging for it. I remember the old man having wide world of sports on on the weekends which was packed with all sorts of sport.
Still, today we have netflix and others where we dont have to pay foxtel prices for. I watch a bit of youtube, I shouldnt be such a tight arse and just pay for it so I dont have to watch adds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Advertising -

Youtube adds, remember when it was occasionally 1 before a vid started, now its multiple and usually throughout.
Ive had the same email for years. They came up with 2 pages in my inbox, focused and other. In other they sticky adds up the top of the page, my fucking email account.
I buy/sell on FB marketplace almost daily, the amount of sponsored adds in amongst listed items is getting to the point where I dont want to use it.
Then there is when you want to buy something from a store, even say Rebel for example they want you to sign up, give you a card so they can spam you advertising via email. Fuck, I buy sneakers maybe once every 2 years.
Many places of purchase want to you up so they can send you advertisements.
Ive noticed an increase in advertisement in regards to 1 day cricket uniforms too, never use to be like that.
***** even went as far as putting LCD on bowsers at petrol stations to bombard you with advertisements whilst you just want to enjoy the sweet smell of petrol.
I have adds on my TV when I turn it on, like adds for the apps. Watch this on Apple TV or whatever, start your free trial, etc. Going to smash my TV ffs

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have adds on my TV when I turn it on, like adds for the apps. Watch this on Apple TV or whatever, start your free trial, etc. Going to smash my TV ffs
I only want to smash my tv when the Dogs lose winnable games.
Hopefully we wont see too much of that next year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sick of this bullshit with 4x4 prices while Covid is preventing international travel. Been thinking of doing a round Australia trip for a few years and have been building a nice bank account for it. But I'm too stingy to pay the prices people want for four wheel drives at the moment. It's bullshit. Keep seeing 20-25 year old vehicles, full of rust, out of rego, engine just about carked it or needing a lot of work with some other aspect of the car but the owners are still asking for $10-$15k. A few years ago this pile of crap would get sold as a paddock basher for $500-$600. If someone has spent thousands on upgrades for off road use I can understand them expecting some higher prices. But I just can't help but think people are delusional about the expectations when it comes to selling shitbox 4x4's.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sick of this bullshit with 4x4 prices while Covid is preventing international travel. Been thinking of doing a round Australia trip for a few years and have been building a nice bank account for it. But I'm too stingy to pay the prices people want for four wheel drives at the moment. It's bullshit. Keep seeing 20-25 year old vehicles, full of rust, out of rego, engine just about carked it or needing a lot of work with some other aspect of the car but the owners are still asking for $10-$15k. A few years ago this pile of crap would get sold as a paddock basher for $500-$600. If someone has spent thousands on upgrades for off road use I can understand them expecting some higher prices. But I just can't help but think people are delusional about the expectations when it comes to selling shitbox 4x4's.
Yeah bloody Covid, shortage of new vehicles 4x4 etc world wide driving up used prices. Problem is where I work for example the company is willing to pay higher prices for second hand 2x4/4x4 because we need them for fit outs to sell our gear.
Makes it tougher for the average person just wanting to buy a recreational vehicle.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Same with jet skis. My bro in law bought the top of the range 2021 Yamaha racing ski but has to wait 6 fkn months for delivery.

I guess we will be fanging it in fkn winter lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The drizzle is gunna cloud out another sunny hot Christmas.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tradies - well the ones who don't show up with so much as a message.

If you didn't want the effing job just be honest.
Or the ones that give you a quote only to change it half way through, had a concreter give me a quote (on site) to do my shed slab, he came out and spent the day sorting out the foundations and boxing it up, comes out the next day ready to poor and ups the price by 2 grand... I told him to honour the deal or grab all his stuff and get of my property, he apologised and packed up all his form work and took off.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Or the ones that give you a quote only to change it half way through, had a concreter give me a quote (on site) to do my shed slab, he came out and spent the day sorting out the foundations and boxing it up, comes out the next day ready to poor and ups the price by 2 grand... I told him to honour the deal or grab all his stuff and get of my property, he apologised and packed up all his form work and took off.
This is happening more as people quote without coming to actually see the job first. I had this experience recently with a carpet cleaner. we had done some renos so decided to get the two rooms affected cleaned plus some rugs and a couch. Anyway, i gave all the info to the guy, and when he showed up, he spent the whole time whingeing to Mrs CD in order to try to get more money: "i didn't know you had a 2 level house" "this couch is bigger than your husband said" etc etc.

I'm surprised your concreter packed up though. Clearly has to much work on to give a shit.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is happening more as people quote without coming to actually see the job first. I had this experience recently with a carpet cleaner. we had done some renos so decided to get the two rooms affected cleaned plus some rugs and a couch. Anyway, i gave all the info to the guy, and when he showed up, he spent the whole time whingeing to Mrs CD in order to try to get more money: "i didn't know you had a 2 level house" "this couch is bigger than your husband said" etc etc.

I'm surprised your concreter packed up though. Clearly has to much work on to give a shit.
He admitted that he screwed up when it came to predicting how much concrete we'd need as we needed huge beams, he basically said you won't find anyone that will do for less than the adjusted price and told me to give him a call if we changed our mind.

Ended up getting someone to do it for close to his original price as they did not have to do earthworks.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Minor gripe, fairly pissing down rain in sydney town and the fucking supercars race suspended..may even be called off #fuckyousydneyweathergods

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

I had it with a Removalist I rang them up they asked to fill out the online form someone will get to you which I did putting in writing we had stairs and all the other details . no one did so I just called and spoke to someone asked about stairs all the questions I’m in a red brick unit on the top level so no lift answered all the questions and got an email through. Pretty reasonable quote not the cheapest but I’m realistic just want it to go smoothly so just went with it. Bunch of Brazilian guys turn up that hardly have any English and have not been briefed of what they are taking or where and especially that it’s three flights of stairs.

One of the Brazilian guys is on the phone to obviously the guy that Contracted it out to him or whatever but refuses to start until he hears back which he doesn’t for 40 minutes. Times wasting as moving is a prick and I don’t want to still be Fucking around at 6:00pm tonight and then finally puts his boss on the phone for him to say no it’s going to have to be an hourly rate now because so many stairs.. He wasn’t going to budge and was quite threatening. Would have cost double the original quote.

Fucking dodgy bastards just told them to go but they wouldn’t leave without a cancellation fee so walked inside whilst missus is arguing with them and come outside with probably won’t say but not a gun or anything but Calmly say leave the property and don’t call again.

Boss actually calls me three times shortly after until I block his number.

Last edited:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it with a Removalist I rang them up they asked to fill out the online form someone will get to you which I did putting in writing we had stairs and all the other details . no one did so I just called and spoke to someone asked about stairs all the questions I’m in a red brick unit on the top level so no lift answered all the questions and got an email through. Pretty reasonable quote not the cheapest but I’m realistic just want it to go smoothly so just went with it. Bunch of Brazilian guys turn up that hardly have any English and have not been briefed of what they are taking or where and especially that it’s three flights of stairs.

One of the Brazilian guys is on the phone to obviously the guy that Contracted it out to him or whatever but refuses to start until he hears back which he doesn’t for 40 minutes. Times wasting as moving is a prick and I don’t want to still be Fucking around at 6:00pm tonight and then finally puts his boss on the phone for him to say no it’s going to have to be an hourly rate now because so many stairs.. He wasn’t going to budge and was quite threatening. Would have cost double the original quote.

Fucking dodgy bastards just told them to go but they wouldn’t leave without a cancellation fee so walked inside whilst missus is arguing with them and come outside with probably won’t say but not a gun or anything but Calmly say leave the property and don’t call again.

Boss actually calls me three times shortly after until I block his number.
That sux, moving is already one of the most stressful things you can do.. did you manage to find someone else to help.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
That sux, moving is already one of the most stressful things you can do.. did you manage to find someone else to help.
Yeah but we had everything in boxes and dates set to move and last minute quotes because it was now all last minute to move cost more and bla bla bla a thousand other issues so really caused unneeded stress.

Why do guys run businesses like this so much stress for them as well because I played down the last confrontation but it was pretty heated. Just run an honest business.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Minor gripe, fairly pissing down rain in sydney town and the fucking supercars race suspended..may even be called off #fuckyousydneyweathergods
A few kegs for the boyz and play some punk

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scum droolin over your shit trying to get something out of you like scabs.
Fuck society is a joke.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Going on a bit of a Karen rant....

I can't stand the fucking ad for "I'm a washed up broke ****, get me out of here".

God forgive me but I would love to empty out a full AK47 magazine point blank into their faces lol

Especially that unfunny, bogan Bush pig, whatever the fuck her name is.

Also that Ayran looking dud should stick to being a fkn vet.

Last edited:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don’t need to receive a ‘Black Friday sale’ type email and/or text from every company that I’ve either bought stuff from, browsed their website or apparently walked past their shop once in the past 9 years. I’m sure with nearly all of them I’ve opted out to receive their notifications. Seriously, f'en stop it already.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Going on a bit of a Karen rant....

I can't stand the fucking ad for "I'm a washed up broke ****, get me out of here".

God forgive me but I would love to empty out a full AK47 magazine point blank into their faces lol

Especially that unfunny, bogan Bush pig, whatever the fuck her name is.

Also that Ayran looking dud should stick to being a fkn vet.
That ad is just so bogan and cringeworthy.
Unbelievable they'd both subject themselves to such rubbish and the producers of the ad need to give themselves an uppercut as well.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hear them people yelling last night? that's known as desperate.
Can you be freaky in the bedroom and still have a respectable public life?
Unfair scrutiny is surely a stoop, they might lie.