The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bakeries.
Where the fuck can I buy a pinapple or neenish tart that doesnt have 2 inches of hard rock icing on top.
If you cant make a neenesh tart than you shouldn't be allowed to own a bakery. I wont even get started on chocolate eclaires

And servos
It was a right of passage to grab a mint patti or golden rough when going into a servo.
Most servos I go to dont sell them anymore.

Whats next, no more devin at the deli? That shit has helped me build a bullitproof immune system for decades.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bakeries.
Where the fuck can I buy a pinapple or neenish tart that doesnt have 2 inches of hard rock icing on top.
If you cant make a neenesh tart than you shouldn't be allowed to own a bakery. I wont even get started on chocolate eclaires

And servos
It was a right of passage to grab a mint patti or golden rough when going into a servo.

Whats next, no more devin at the deli? That shit has helped me build a bullitproof immune system for decades.
Why buy Golden Rough at the servo? Coles sell them now and you can get them on special for $0.50 - whereas you'd be paying what... close to $2 at the servo?

Servos... that reminds me of an old teenage story lol.

Me and my mates went out to watch a movie on night when before we got our P's and as the movie didn't finish until midnight his dad insisted on picking us up and taking us home - this is before the days of Uber - not to mention getting a taxi from near the cinemas was almost impossible let alone at that hour. So he picked us up and we went. He stopped at a servo to fill up and old mate asked his dad to get a Snickers bar. It was $2.70 - however I saw one next to it that said 2 for $2.80 so I said to him "No get that one - 2 for $2.80" and his dad (in his very thick woggy accent) said "What's this stupid country? One for $2.70 but 2 for $2.80"

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Lost my shit laughing.

Hmmm... one for the wonder years thread??

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bakeries.

And servos

It will be interesting to see what servos will even look like in, say 15 - 20 years from now as the demand for petrol/diesel drops and drops, especially in capital cities.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why buy Golden Rough at the servo? Coles sell them now and you can get them on special for $0.50 - whereas you'd be paying what... close to $2 at the servo?

Servos... that reminds me of an old teenage story lol.

Me and my mates went out to watch a movie on night when before we got our P's and as the movie didn't finish until midnight his dad insisted on picking us up and taking us home - this is before the days of Uber - not to mention getting a taxi from near the cinemas was almost impossible let alone at that hour. So he picked us up and we went. He stopped at a servo to fill up and old mate asked his dad to get a Snickers bar. It was $2.70 - however I saw one next to it that said 2 for $2.80 so I said to him "No get that one - 2 for $2.80" and his dad (in his very thick woggy accent) said "What's this stupid country? One for $2.70 but 2 for $2.80"

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Lost my shit laughing.

Hmmm... one for the wonder years thread??
The small things we remember hey:grinning:

Im gonna sound like an old coot now.
The world around me is changing at an alarming rate.
Its cool, I can handle change, change is inevitable.
But there are some things Ive done my whole life that arent that important that are small pleasures.
Going to a car wreckers was 1, cant do that anymore because of the cost of insurance to the wreckers so they put a stop to it.
Mint pattis from a servo. Lol I know its dumb but hey, something I use to do with the old man when I was a kid.
I still have the Bulldogs, Im pretty safe with that one.
Its all good, I was just being dumb.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what servos will even look like in, say 15 - 20 years from now as the demand for petrol/diesel drops and drops, especially in capital cities.
To true.
I predict we wont need them.
You pull up to a set of traffic lights.
Under the tarmac is a charging system that trickle charges your batteries via EMF or some shit.
Charge time is calculated and auto debited from your bank account.
Charging sites everywhere at all major intersections.
Your testies no longer produce good sperm but dont tell Alz.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’ve said it before and even started a thread on it but this particular person that works for the government and has now worked from home since early March last year loves to complain about how tough it is but you can see she has had the time of her life. She is now scrounging to find any and every excuse to extend her little holiday. Last time I talked to her was after she took three weeks annual leave at Christmas time lol as she needed a break from her break she claimed she was still working from home (this was a couple of days ago) because the Northern Beaches outbreak... ?? That was in fucking mid December.. Oh but she’ll tell you she’s doing her part you know to not clog up transport ect ect Just watching Netflix all day to take one fir the team Sleeping in to 10:30 every day for the greater good

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The once proud JJJ being used to instruct the public by corrupt sources is tacky journalism.
This is how we want you to think.
Trial by media is dogs.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
An hour and a half to get from Lewisham to Wynyard today on the train. Would have just got the light rail if I knew but what a stuff up. Could have walked it in under an hour

Last edited:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When attempting to set up a call with peeps from the UK office and you ask them the day and time that suits them. You send a meeting request for the the day and time they say and then you get a 'declined' reply and they say, "sorry, got another call at that time".

I don't need a reason to drink, but it's good to have some.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Young workmates. Doing a two person job and having to chase down a 17yo every three minutes to do their part of the fucking job.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who go around telling other people how to live because their personal beliefs are the right ones for everyone else.
If someone has personal issues thats for them to deal with, its not a public debate.
Deserves contempt.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you can't duck out for a shit and after holding it in for 10 hrs and you snap it ,it feels like you are being violated and you have that much sweat on your hole from working all day outside in the stinking fucking humidity

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you can't duck out for a shit and after holding it in for 10 hrs and you snap it ,it feels like you are being violated and you have that much sweat on your hole from working all day outside in the stinking fucking humidity
The farts leading up to that shit are also a monstrosity even for the perpetrator.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Weddings can't fucking stand them ,I swore id never go to another one again,now a family member getting married and I'm trapped.
Next door neighbours invited my dad my sister and I to there’s which was nice years ago but I’m not the biggest weeding guy and I hadn’t lived at Dads house in about 5 years and declined (said I had something else on) told Dad as he lives next door to politely tell them for me. Dad being dad was like yeah yeah. Anyway they go to the wedding couple of months later and after it I ask
Dad how it was and did she look nice ect ect and Dad was like yep yep all good and I asked did you send my best wishes and all that shit he was like yep yep yep but I think she was a bit annoyed when I told her you couldn’t make it. I was like ahh I feel bad now oh well who did they get to replace me anyway? He was like what do you mean? Who
Replaced me like who was sitting in my seat?? He was no one they didn’t know you weren’t coming. I said what? How? Wait what do you mean? You told them didn’t you??? He said yeah yeah I told her when we arrived that you couldn’t make it.... FUUUUUCK DAAAAAAAD! You don’t fucking tell them on the fucking night!!!

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like a science fiction nightmare will never get my head around it and will never be the same again.
Some people don't care what they say or who they hurt, in a corrupt society only the strong survive, optimism lives.