The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
2 words

DASH

CAM

Always a Bulldog
I know they're good for insurance purposes but if these idiots want to post their hoon actions on social media and get busted by posting their crimes online, that's exactly what they deserve.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah well perfect it will work out cheaper for you to fly down business class to Sydney and stay in the four seasons for a couple of nights and then buy one of these tests but at least they are available..
I see USA is handing out 4 to each citizen.
Anyways, hopefully Australia will start seeing stock in the next week or so.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
People at work - it’s doesn’t actually grind my gears it lubricates them as all the two year pussy willows have to actually go back to work ha ha ha fuck they hate it with a passion… I call them the two year vacation club pussy willowers… They will say they worked hard lol I didn’t have 1 day off and I caught a train into the CBD of Sydney every day you had a two year holiday and you can’t change my mind.

Im not saying I’m not cut about it I obviously am by that post but I will never have membership to the pussy willow club

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a bit pissed off with how quickly big business will start price gauging. I have relatively few vices left these days. My biggest vice at the moment is soft drink. I drink about a litre of coke per day. But since my last shopping trip a few days ago it seems that coke prices have jumped up about 80 cents per litre.

It's not like I can't still afford 7L a week. But I begrudge allowing companies to take advantage of the pandemic to raise prices. So I'll reluctantly drop my biggest vice. I needed to stop drinking coke anyway. But didn't plan to give it up in protest of the fact that the price jumped by 30-35% overnight.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a bit pissed off with how quickly big business will start price gauging. I have relatively few vices left these days. My biggest vice at the moment is soft drink. I drink about a litre of coke per day. But since my last shopping trip a few days ago it seems that coke prices have jumped up about 80 cents per litre.

It's not like I can't still afford 7L a week. But I begrudge allowing companies to take advantage of the pandemic to raise prices. So I'll reluctantly drop my biggest vice. I needed to stop drinking coke anyway. But didn't plan to give it up in protest of the fact that the price jumped by 30-35% overnight.
At the moment logistics companies like Toll Linfox, (these are just examples) most transport companies are doing the sane that control australias distributuon networks and others are literally committing highway robbery.
Some companies have put levies upto 130% to thier invoice costs. This happened after the northern and western rail corridor was farked by the rains

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Fijian bloke on train with phone on full volume speaker having a conversations with some guy who speaks the entire time on the train from Lewisham to Wynyard screeching into a tinny old phone so sounds like razor blades down a blackboard the language and delivery sounds like they are fighting Sauron at the bottom of a volcano and I don’t care if it’s racist it was pretty much 25 minutes of daba, daba, daba, deba, deba, deba, duba, dima, dima, duba, dima, dima, do. but at full volume!!!! Who are these dropped on a head as a child selfish lumps of flesh? There are other humans in the world apart from you and your screeching mate that’s reading you Harry Potter from the middle of the Fijian jungle on a can with a string you know you inconsiderate prick. Sorry but it was the early train and no one needs that shit.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
***** using leaf blowers to move ten leaves .. use a broom fuckstick
I must admit i've become a (partial) convert to the blower.

I used to hate them, and then i received a small battery powered one as a gift, and its so much better than sweeping :grinning:

Mind you, its much quieter than a petrol one (this one is probably similar noise to a hair dryer), and i don't use it to "move ten leaves", rather its great for blowing the grass back onto the lawn after mowing.

I'd be pissed off if some moron was using it for a long period or early in the morning etc.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fijian bloke on train with phone on full volume speaker having a conversations with some guy who speaks the entire time on the train from Lewisham to Wynyard screeching into a tinny old phone so sounds like razor blades down a blackboard the language and delivery sounds like they are fighting Sauron at the bottom of a volcano and I don’t care if it’s racist it was pretty much 25 minutes of daba, daba, daba, deba, deba, deba, duba, dima, dima, duba, dima, dima, do. but at full volume!!!! Who are these dropped on a head as a child selfish lumps of flesh? There are other humans in the world apart from you and your screeching mate that’s reading you Harry Potter from the middle of the Fijian jungle on a can with a string you know you inconsiderate prick. Sorry but it was the early train and no one needs that shit.
The joys of public transport. I was in Sydney last week spent a couple of days on the trains (as i did for 15 odd years when I lived there), but it was more of a novelty. Not sure how i'd go back to it full time. You really have to have a high tolerance of others.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2 words

DASH

CAM

Always a Bulldog
I bought one for my daily commuter after being the victim to a road rage incident. fortunately since then i haven't "needed" it, but it would be cool to get some footage for the Dashcam owners FB page....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Its happening across a number of sectors and "covid" seems to be often a convenient reason.

My recently retired neighbour approached me yesterday with an email he received from a caravan company who he has been waiting for almost a year to make the bloody thing. He's now being told his previously agreed to contract price has gone up by $15K (!) because we can;'t absorb costs blah blah blah. But what are his options realistically? No point taking legal action. He can tell them to get farked and get his deposit back, but now he has no caravan, and would have to start again. I've suggested he might consider negotiating a compromise. Manufacturer probably doesn't care as they would have plenty of work on.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The joys of public transport. I was in Sydney last week spent a couple of days on the trains (as i did for 15 odd years when I lived there), but it was more of a novelty. Not sure how i'd go back to it full time. You really have to have a high tolerance of others.
I don’t mind the coughing people without masks I can handle that I don’t mind the guy that has an entire carriage to sit on but sits next to you on your seat I can handle that I don’t mind the guy watching a movie at full volume or the dickwit that doesn’t turn the seat the right way and sits two down facing you. But fucking Natering at full volume in a language I don’t understand with speaker on is too far. I don’t know if it would be worse if I could or couldn’t understand it but have some respect for other people

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can tolerate noisy people, seat hogs etc. The only thing that anoys me on public transport is smelly *****. Im not talking from a hard days work smelly, Im talking from not showering or using deodorant for days. The rancid milky coloured water in the back of a garbage truck smelly bastards.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t mind the coughing people without masks I can handle that I don’t mind the guy that has an entire carriage to sit on but sits next to you on your seat I can handle that I don’t mind the guy watching a movie at full volume or the dickwit that doesn’t turn the seat the right way and sits two down facing you. But fucking Natering at full volume in a language I don’t understand with speaker on is too far. I don’t know if it would be worse if I could or couldn’t understand it but have some respect for other people
If you think that's annoying, for a while when I was working at a tomato farm nearby (30km's drive), I used to give three Indian fellows a lift. Really got the shits one day after about three days of having them nattering away in Indian. Told them I'm not being racist, but if they didn't have the courtesy of speaking English they could find some else to go to work with after about three days of it.