The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tradies not coming back to you.

If you are too busy or don't want the work just say so when I first speak to you.
Fuck yes. I've been trying to get quotes for some work at home and 2 out of 5 turned up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tracy Grimshaw the gutless dog, how about some unbiased story's without the insinuation shock factor gutter journalism?
Interview me you bloody maggot.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Tracy Grimshaw the gutless dog, how about some unbiased story's without the insinuation shock factor gutter journalism?
Interview me you bloody maggot.
Ha ha I totally agree with this but I wouldn’t have used that language but I’m glad someone kind of put into words how I feel

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that a lot of drivers have decided to completely stop using their indicators, so you just have to guess which way they intend to go. Seriously, how hard is it? If you don't use your indicator when driving, you are literally too lazy to lift a finger.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It seems that a lot of drivers have decided to completely stop using their indicators, so you just have to guess which way they intend to go. Seriously, how hard is it? If you don't use your indicator when driving, you are literally too lazy to lift a finger.
I trust no-one at round-abouts for that very reason.
Or if Im on foot crossing a zebra crossing. If you dont eyeball fuckers they nearly run you over pretending they dont see you where I live.
You must also live in Queensland.
Yeah, theres always 1 when driving back from Redcliff after you get off the bridge at Brighton heading towards the city. Im glad I rarely head up that way.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
This has definitely become a massive trend hey.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
People that move out of Sydney who grew up in Sydney in quite a wealthy area and who relished living in Newtown as a early 20’s loving the city life ect and have now decided to move up the central coast and do nothing but bag Sydney. Especially with Covid like they are some sort of better breed of people. They lived in Sydney bagged the western suburbs couldn’t afford Maroubra so moved up the coast is what happened.. Mad personal vent

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's worse is when a car is turning right at a set of traffic lights, and the dickhead behind him stops and waits for him to turn, banking up the cars behind him rather than using the left lane to overtake.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the generation of the entitled coming through.
Had my nephew live with us for a year just after he turned 14.
Kid's had it rough growing up but ask him to do anything that isn't self serving for him and it was like pulling teeth.
Very happy to put his hand out and ask for everything though.
Very similar situation had nephew for 2 years out of my own pocket ,his mother is absolute dead shit,no assistance because docs didn't remove him from her apparently its ok to live in a meth house along as the kid has water. The little **** wouldn't wear anything unless it was high end brand ,that changed quickly when I said ask your mother if you want that shit, long story short his mother lived less than 500 meters from me she called him once in 2 years when his they found his dad dead.the kid was a deadset product of his environment we tried ,it got to a point he was clashing with the mrs everyday the house became toxic,I got home one day and asked him to do something I got some smart arse reply ,I snapped I mean really snapped a picked up a fan in rage and was going to cave his skull in.
Luckily a bit of sense came over me I said get out ill pack your shit your never to set foot in this house again. Called the mrs and said his gone if you want this toxic shit to continue you can go get a house with him we got our own kids to raise .
Its been 2 years now I've seen the little **** maybe twice never said a word.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Very similar situation had nephew for 2 years out of my own pocket ,his mother is absolute dead shit,no assistance because docs didn't remove him from her apparently its ok to live in a meth house along as the kid has water. The little c*** wouldn't wear anything unless it was high end brand ,that changed quickly when I said ask your mother if you want that shit, long story short his mother lived less than 500 meters from me she called him once in 2 years when his they found his dad dead.the kid was a deadset product of his environment we tried ,it got to a point he was clashing with the mrs everyday the house became toxic,I got home one day and asked him to do something I got some smart arse reply ,I snapped I mean really snapped a picked up a fan in rage and was going to cave his skull in.
Luckily a bit of sense came over me I said get out ill pack your shit your never to set foot in this house again. Called the mrs and said his gone if you want this toxic shit to continue you can go get a house with him we got our own kids to raise .
Its been 2 years now I've seen the little c*** maybe twice never said a word.
Heavy story mate and sounds like you put in an effort to try and give the kid a better life but the poor bugger had already seen too much and like you said was a product of his environment. Hope he can turn things around and one day he can come have a beer with his uncle and acknowledging and appreciating that he cared.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People that move out of Sydney who grew up in Sydney in quite a wealthy area and who relished living in Newtown as a early 20’s loving the city life ect and have now decided to move up the central coast and do nothing but bag Sydney. Especially with Covid like they are some sort of better breed of people. They lived in Sydney bagged the western suburbs couldn’t afford Maroubra so moved up the coast is what happened.. Mad personal vent
When I was growing up on the coast everyone wanted to move to Sydney the peninsula was dubbed mt druid by the sea , people we knew in Sydney considered the coast scum ,20 years later Sydney folk
Heavy story mate and sounds like you put in an effort to try and give the kid a better life but the poor bugger had already seen too much and like you said was a product of his environment. Hope he can turn things around and one day he can come have a beer with his uncle and acknowledging and appreciating that he cared.
No chance bro his older brother who is technically mentally retarded had a kid at 14 now 16 now a drug addict ,was a nice kid when around us was so stupid he could of been pushed in the right direction his left school at 12 100s of calls to doc ( facs) and services starting its illegal to not be in school he is sitting home with his mother .the system is very broken .its harsh but these kids will be in and out of prison their whole lives and will go nowhere and continue the cycle with their kids .it was all avoidable and unnecessary. The **** of a mother spent more work trying to hide everything and deny things than ever saying they need help.they caused over 50k worth of damage to the house they were in and still couldn't understand why they were kicked out.a pure drain on the system, it may sound harsh being family but for future generations they are better of dead.mind you I wouldn't have a problem putting a bullet in the sister in law .

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
When I was growing up on the coast everyone wanted to move to Sydney the peninsula was dubbed mt druid by the sea , people we knew in Sydney considered the coast scum ,20 years later Sydney folk
No chance bro his older brother who is technically mentally retarded had a kid at 14 now 16 now a drug addict ,was a nice kid when around us was so stupid he could of been pushed in the right direction his left school at 12 100s of calls to doc ( facs) and services starting its illegal to not be in school he is sitting home with his mother .the system is very broken .its harsh but these kids will be in and out of prison their whole lives and will go nowhere and continue the cycle with their kids .it was all avoidable and unnecessary. The c*** of a mother spent more work trying to hide everything and deny things than ever saying they need help.they caused over 50k worth of damage to the house they were in and still couldn't understand why they were kicked out.a pure drain on the system, it may sound harsh being family but for future generations they are better of dead.mind you I wouldn't have a problem putting a bullet in the sister in law .
Hmm fuck man I feel bad for the kid what chance did he have and you guys ended up involved and obviously trying to do what you could but with nothing but shit results and sadness really..

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very similar situation had nephew for 2 years out of my own pocket ,his mother is absolute dead shit,no assistance because docs didn't remove him from her apparently its ok to live in a meth house along as the kid has water. The little c*** wouldn't wear anything unless it was high end brand ,that changed quickly when I said ask your mother if you want that shit, long story short his mother lived less than 500 meters from me she called him once in 2 years when his they found his dad dead.the kid was a deadset product of his environment we tried ,it got to a point he was clashing with the mrs everyday the house became toxic,I got home one day and asked him to do something I got some smart arse reply ,I snapped I mean really snapped a picked up a fan in rage and was going to cave his skull in.
Its been 2 years now I've seen the little c*** maybe twice never said a word.
You did the right thing by giving him a chance, hopefully he'll see it in time.
Completely understand the fan incident, I was close myself on a couple of occasions.
My nephew came to live with me, wife and our two young kids, because his dad, my brother, died. He was clashing with his step mum and looking back, using that to manipulate me so I'd get him to move in with me. When he didn't get his own way at my place he pulled the same pattern of behaviour with my dad to move in with him.
It's sad that he's smart enough to be anything but rather chooses to use that intelligence to manipulate and coerce those around him to ensure that he has the easiest possible time.
It's setting off a pattern of behaviour that I think, will repeat throughout his life, not too dissimilar to his mum and dad's attitude to life.
Whether that's a generational thing or solely his outlook a result of genetics / environment is up for debate. Personally, I think it's a bit of both. That generation is so used to getting instant gratification thru social media likes, lazy parenting, participation awards etc that they think they're entitled to anything and everything.
The favourite thing he ever said to me was, when talking about career paths etc 'I don't know what I want to do, just that I don't want to work hard. Maybe just a job like yours where you sit at a computer all day.'
Kids going to learn the hard way

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm fuck man I feel bad for the kid what chance did he have and you guys ended up involved and obviously trying to do what you could but with nothing but shit results and sadness really..
He was doomed the day he was born at age 2 his mother locked him in a cot and just let him scream and shit himself she would go out, I'm not joking when I say 100s of calls to services ,and the same reply the have shelter and theirs a bag of chips in the cupboard it was the whole new docs strategy of not removing the child but hey do this voluntarily course on how to be a parent it doesn't matter if you dont because when they come back up to check up nothing will happen it fucking burns me.
I got a mate who had surgery had pandine forte on his TV table he got up for a drink and his ping a ling kid got into them in a matter of seconds it made her a bit sick so they done the normal thing and took the kid to the hospital. Next thing services are called and along with the police the next day going to his house.an innocent mistake and he gets put through the wringer because there's physical evidence of drugs in the kids system which they can detect.
But you go ask them to drug test a mother tell them her crack pipe would be in her bedroom follow the shit smell of meth ,and they are " oh we can't do that "

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
President Putin locking up his political opponent, corruption and Communism lives.