The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait, what?

I wont hear you badmouthing one of Brisbane's finest.

Next you'll be dissing other greats like Savage Garden and', um..... Indecent obsession.
Its a shame TrippleM never pushed Brisbane's better band of that era instead of going with the tried/safe and utterly boring Powderfinger.
Regurgitator where far more creative and a better reflection of the global music scene at the time. They mashed everything, new digital technology, analogue, cultural, nothing was off limits. It will be a shame if they never receive the recognition they deserve.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When someone says they are going to teach you a lesson, the only thing they can teach me is hate and defiance.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every Sunday the accusathon fires up around here with commies try to justify their special laws that don't exist in NSW.
They have no right to make waves continually in attempt to cling to their power tripping, play god and pocket piss in their attempt to be superior to Bob Dog.
The debate making devices have never been justified and if they think they are better than me why don't they just tell themselves they are.
When was the state home audit?
Sorry to anyone affected by our national farce every Sunday, unconvicted free Aussie Bob

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Being out for a meal with a someone who is on a diet and won't shut up about it.

The current annoying as fuck is is keto. Why have you come to a nice restaurant with me if all you want to do is keeping checking how many carb points everything is.

They are probably even worse than gym people to talk to.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a shame TrippleM never pushed Brisbane's better band of that era instead of going with the tried/safe and utterly boring Powderfinger.
Regurgitator where far more creative and a better reflection of the global music scene at the time. They mashed everything, new digital technology, analogue, cultural, nothing was off limits. It will be a shame if they never receive the recognition they deserve.
I liked both of them in my uni days. But they're completely different styles of music. But I do agree that Regurgitator took a far more creative approach to their music. If I listen to Powderfinger these days I will skip the majority of their songs and only listen to my favorites. With Regurgitator I'll usually listen to the whole album.

I'm not in the know about why one band might have been pushed more. But I'd suspect that it came down to the size of the company they were contracted to funneling money to the station to guarantee airtime.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being out for a meal with a someone who is on a diet and won't shut up about it.

The current annoying as fuck is is keto. Why have you come to a nice restaurant with me if all you want to do is keeping checking how many carb points everything is.

They are probably even worse than gym people to talk to.
My fishing buddy kind of encapsulates both of these stereotypes with a touch of trying to push religion into the mix. I'm pretty good at steering the conversation away from dieting, bushwalking (instead of the gym) and the subject of me not being a churchgoer.

My housemate is probably worse in wanting to go over the same political conversations ad nauseum. I don't watch tv in the loungeroom anymore because between channel flicking, watching every fucking quiz show under the sun and trying to educate me or any visitor on politics, it's just easier to watch TV or whatever in my room.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you ever see Pangaea? Kinda a predecessor to Regurgitator. I saw some great gigs of theirs. Yeah, I never got the Powderfinger thing either. I didn't dislike them or anything, I thought they were just a bit 'Meh'.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever see Pangaea? Kinda a predecessor to Regurgitator. I saw some great gigs of theirs. Yeah, I never got the Powderfinger thing either. I didn't dislike them or anything, I thought they were just a bit 'Meh'.
Unfortunately I never got to see Pangaea. I grew up in Sydney and didnt even know of them till Regurgitator where doing the rounds. I have the CD packed away somewhere here soon to be rediscovered.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hat grinds my gears is when I have more common sense than a high up lawyer lol....

78DA8F0F-0042-4EDD-9D43-40B7EF4179C7.png

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The AFL has lost the plot, they tell em anything.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alzheimer.
I had to ban Communist Life Control's audits because they were caught lying on several occasion's.
Any attempt to audit people at home must be treated with contempt to protect our free way of life in Australia.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Federal police have rescued 46 kids from the grips of their alleged abusers, including a childcare worker and a soccer coach in one of the biggest child sexual abuse cases ever detected in Australia.

Police in Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia have arrested 14 men on 828 charges in what investigators have dubbed an alleged “abhorrent systemic sexual abuse” of children, some of whom were just babies.

There were 39 child victims in NSW, one in Queensland, and six in WA allegedly subjected to the production and/or sharing of child abuse material to an online network of Australian and international “peers”.

Four animals were also allegedly subjected to abuse discovered as part of the operation, with charges laid for bestiality.

Among the men charged, aged between 20 and 48, some are accused of sexually abusing children who ranged in age from 16 months to 15 years, and recording the abuse to share online.

One of the men charged was a 27-year-old former childcare worker from northern NSW who faces 303 charges related to sexual child intercourse and indecent assault of at least 30 children, including some at his childcare centre. He will face Port Macquarie Court on January 21 next year.

His 22-year-old male partner was also charged with multiple offences, with police saying he “allegedly abused children his partner accessed through deceptive means”.

A 30-year-old St Clair soccer coach allegedly used his position to abuse seven children, and police further allege he produced a “large quantity of abhorrent child abuse material” to circulate.

He faces 44 charges, as well as bestiality offences.

A retail assistant, chef, disability support worker, electrician, supermarket employee, IT worker and a court officer were also allegedly among the network of men.

I hate the fact these cretins get their faces hidden after they are arrested. Their faces should be plastered all over the net so everyone knows who they are.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Federal police have rescued 46 kids from the grips of their alleged abusers, including a childcare worker and a soccer coach in one of the biggest child sexual abuse cases ever detected in Australia.

Police in Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia have arrested 14 men on 828 charges in what investigators have dubbed an alleged “abhorrent systemic sexual abuse” of children, some of whom were just babies.

There were 39 child victims in NSW, one in Queensland, and six in WA allegedly subjected to the production and/or sharing of child abuse material to an online network of Australian and international “peers”.

Four animals were also allegedly subjected to abuse discovered as part of the operation, with charges laid for bestiality.

Among the men charged, aged between 20 and 48, some are accused of sexually abusing children who ranged in age from 16 months to 15 years, and recording the abuse to share online.

One of the men charged was a 27-year-old former childcare worker from northern NSW who faces 303 charges related to sexual child intercourse and indecent assault of at least 30 children, including some at his childcare centre. He will face Port Macquarie Court on January 21 next year.

His 22-year-old male partner was also charged with multiple offences, with police saying he “allegedly abused children his partner accessed through deceptive means”.

A 30-year-old St Clair soccer coach allegedly used his position to abuse seven children, and police further allege he produced a “large quantity of abhorrent child abuse material” to circulate.

He faces 44 charges, as well as bestiality offences.

A retail assistant, chef, disability support worker, electrician, supermarket employee, IT worker and a court officer were also allegedly among the network of men.

I hate the fact these cretins get their faces hidden after they are arrested. Their faces should be plastered all over the net so everyone knows who they are.
Re the childcare worker - if its an actual centre, I would have no idea how the abuse would take place. At my son's centre, there are what seems like a million of procedures in place regarding this sort of thing. no worker would be alone with a child ever (part of the reason why it costs as much as it does). Unless its a home-base centre?

What I would also hate to see is these horrible things casting dispersions on all men working in early childhood education - there's enough stigma as it is. My son's room leader is a guy, and he's brilliant. Kids love him.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
[QUOTE="KambahOne, post: 3876839, member: ]
[/QUOTE]

I'm watching abc news just now. About half those charged had their faces blurred whilst the rest had them shown. No idea why this is the case. Maybe some were able to get their lawyers to get suppression orders?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In indian news....

Newborn rescued after being buried alive on farm in India
A group of farmers were stunned when they found a newborn baby covered in mud after being apparently buried – and it was still alive.

Debbie White
NOVEMBER 12, 20202:10PM

Play
Mute

Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:12
/
Duration 0:15
Fullscreen
Your video will play after the ad

The body of a baby was found ‘partially buried’ at fruitpickers’ farm in NSW. Credit: Nine News

An abandoned newborn baby was rescued after being found buried alive on a farm in India.
Images show stunned villagers panicking upon seeing the infant, caked in mud and motionless among stones, roots and dirt.
It’s not clear when the baby was dumped and left to die in a field in the town of Khatima, in the northern state of Uttarakhand close to Nepal.
But, incredibly, the child was discovered by a labourer who spotted its face poking out while working in the fields, reported The Sun.
The newborn baby was miraculously found alive in shallow grave in northern India. Picture: SWNS/Mega

The newborn baby was miraculously found alive in shallow grave in northern India. Picture: SWNS/MegaSource:Mega
The baby was caked in mud and dirt. Picture: SWNS/Mega

The baby was caked in mud and dirt. Picture: SWNS/MegaSource:Mega
Its face was caked in mud, and its hair and body also had a layer of grime after being dumped in the shallow grave.
In a video of the rescue, the infant’s right knee and foot can be seen, along with its right arm.
At first, the baby doesn’t seem to be moving, let alone alive.
Men and women crowd around the baby, swaddling it in cloth for protection and warmth.
The abandoned infant’s mouth was wiped as people appeared to frantically shout instructions at each other.

FROM NEWS.COM.AU
Stay updated with the latest in the world of entertainment. Sign up now

The baby was rescued by farmers. Picture: SWNS/Mega

The baby was rescued by farmers. Picture: SWNS/MegaSource:Mega
The footage shows a man, other locals and the police working to pull the baby out – saving its life.
The infant was rushed to a hospital to receive treatment and is now said to be in a stable condition.
It is the latest in a series of similar ordeals for newborns in India.
In October 2019, a tiny newborn girl was found alive after being buried in a shallow grave – allegedly by her parents who were hoping for a boy.
The rescued baby is now in a stable condition. Picture: SWNS/Mega

The rescued baby is now in a stable condition. Picture: SWNS/MegaSource:Mega
The three-day-old was found inside a sealed clay pot, wrapped in cloth and buried about 1m beneath the earth at a village crematorium in Northern India.
The little girl was discovered by labourers who were digging a grave for another couple whose daughter had been stillborn.
And in 2017 a newborn girl miraculously survived being thrown into a thorny bush by her parents and left for dead.
The baby was found lying under the plant and covered in scratches in the city of Una in western India‘s Gujurat state.