The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then there are the rare times it works out for you. I remember once I was at Red Rooster drive thru with the Mrs. She was feeling peckish so I ordered her a small meal deal thing - a burger, chips and drink. It was only like $5. They ended up giving me a huge bag. I opened it and it had a huge family meal - 4 burgers, chips and drinks and some other things - a $25 meal lol. I said no no... I only ordered the single. The teen who was working there said "Sorry" - and then ended up giving me the same thing... again... without taking the first order she gave me. I asked to speak to her manager. She said to me that was just fired... don't worry about it.

So I drove off with $50 worth of food and only paid $5 for it :tearsofjoy: Shared it with the family that night.

haha bro.. We used to hang out with this German bloke who acted like he was a Lebo.. anyway he was really good at little scams... He would ring up McDondald's and claim that he ordered 4 large Big Mac meals, and explain that he didn't realise till he got home that there was a few missing items, and dead set they would replace an entire order that never was... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: He was a mad bullshitter though... used to tell us how he was in the training squad for NSW rl, and how he was training for the Olympics and a bunch of other shit.. sad thing is that I think he believed his own lies. He was always handy for a free feed though

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Speaking of Maccas...

I did this, but they basically gave me a big Mac with no bread in a box with the sauce on the side and made it myself.

It was the best laffah.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
LAFFA LMAOOOOO.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hahaha I’d be honest too but imagine the poor family that got home and had to fight over a small meal haha
Yeah it was originally going to just a small bite for her but because they gave us all that it saved us having to worry about dinner lol. I was honest with her but she had the shits because they fired her so she just didn't care. She was probably doing that to all the customers lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah it was originally going to just a small bite for her but because they gave us all that it saved us having to worry about dinner lol. I was honest with her but she had the shits because they fired her so she just didn't care. She was probably doing that to all the customers lol.
That’s awesome. Good on her! I hope you told all your friends to go there and load up haha

Wahesh

Reaction score
haha bro.. We used to hang out with this German bloke who acted like he was a Lebo.. anyway he was really good at little scams... He would ring up McDondald's and claim that he ordered 4 large Big Mac meals, and explain that he didn't realise till he got home that there was a few missing items, and dead set they would replace an entire order that never was... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: He was a mad bullshitter though... used to tell us how he was in the training squad for NSW rl, and how he was training for the Olympics and a bunch of other shit.. sad thing is that I think he believed his own lies. He was always handy for a free feed though
I remember these guys in school did the same thing. We went into the city once for an excursion and stopped by Burger King for lunch. One of the guys who had no money stood on the side for like 10 mins then went up to the counter and said he ordered all this stuff (but didn't) and he's been waiting 10 mins for his order. They gave him everything he said he ordered. He couldn't even finish it all and had to share it with his mates :tearsofjoy:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember these guys in school did the same thing. We went into the city once for an excursion and stopped by Burger King for lunch. One of the guys who had no money stood on the side for like 10 mins then went up to the counter and said he ordered all this stuff (but didn't) and he's been waiting 10 mins for his order. They gave him everything he said he ordered. He couldn't even finish it all and had to share it with his mates :tearsofjoy:

Hahaha that's so sick... it's so easy because the old saying goes "the customer is always right"... no high school kid getting paid a few bucks an hour is going to bother arguing with you.... My old housemate used to ring Domino's every time we ordered saying that the pizza was cold or had some other imperfections and we would always get the next order free.. think a lot of people do that one though

Wahesh

Reaction score
That’s awesome. Good on her! I hope you told all your friends to go there and load up haha
:laughing::laughing:

I didn't think of that at the same, but when she told us that they fired her and she doesn't care anymore, I said to her when a door closes, a window opens, and that something better is waiting for her. Although that probably meant a job at Oportos somewhere...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hahaha that's so sick... it's so easy because the old saying goes "the customer is always right"... no high school kid getting paid a few bucks an hour is going to bother arguing with you.... My old housemate used to ring Domino's every time we ordered saying that the pizza was cold or had some other imperfections and we would always get the next order free.. think a lot of people do that one though
Hmmm... I didn't know about that one lol. Something like that wouldn't surprise me though... a lot of those companies would've made these guarantees, and people would've abused the system. I remember Pizza Hut had a deal going that if the pizza wasn't hot (based on a heat stick on the box) then it was free. Whenever I got one the sticker was only showing that it was partially hot, and I tried to get it free, but apparently the T&Cs state that even partial reading is considered a hot pizza.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I didn't know about that one lol. Something like that wouldn't surprise me though... a lot of those companies would've made these guarantees, and people would've abused the system. I remember Pizza Hut had a deal going that if the pizza wasn't hot (based on a heat stick on the box) then it was free. Whenever I got one the sticker was only showing that it was partially hot, and I tried to get it free, but apparently the T&Cs state that even partial reading is considered a hot pizza.

haha it was sick... but tbh, I dunno about now, haven't had Domino's in ages... but there was always at least one fucked pizza in the order... lack of topping, toping stuck to box... or other

Lol I remember the hot spot!! :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
haha it was sick... but tbh, I dunno about now, haven't had Domino's in ages... but there was always at least one fucked pizza in the order... lack of topping, toping stuck to box... or other

Lol I remember the hot spot!! :tearsofjoy:
I had Dominos a few weeks ago - it was alright. I think the biggest problem they have (that all fast food pizza places have) is that they are far too small (even large sizes) compared to what they were 25 years ago, which is why they cool down smaller.

Nothing will ever beat dining in a traditional pizzeria getting your woodfired pizza brought straight to your table piping hot fresh out of the oven.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had Dominos a few weeks ago - it was alright. I think the biggest problem they have (that all fast food pizza places have) is that they are far too small (even large sizes) compared to what they were 25 years ago, which is why they cool down smaller.

Nothing will ever beat dining in a traditional pizzeria getting your woodfired pizza brought straight to your table piping hot fresh out of the oven.

Yeah definitely.. guess they are cutting back on costs so they can pay for their billions of coupons that they have printed each year :tongueclosed:

Hell yeah... especially when it's loaded with toppings.. not like Domino's who give you like three pieces of pineapple on an Hawaiian pizza

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great - another Kennel fight.

Anyone update us on how many days until round one (of the footy that is)?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People who take food from home into a food court.

You wouldn't walk into a restaurant and do it - why do you think its ok just because the eateries who are paying rent share the seating?

This really boils my piss.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

You wouldn't walk into a restaurant and do it - why do you think its ok just because the eateries who are paying rent share the seating?

Aren't food courts generally just free seating? If someone brings some food to do some shopping and wants to eat, they are well within their right to sit in the food court. Most shopping centres are severely lacking in seating in any other place as well.

If it is designated seating for a specific eatery though, that is not on. Top Ryde is quite bad for this, heaps of designated seating but not so much general.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Why does it boil your piss? When I was studying fulltime and only had time to work on the weekends (yes, on the move 7 days a week) I needed to save money by whatever means necessary. Bringing in my lunch from home was way cheaper and saved me time by not fart arsing and looking around deciding what to eat.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Aren't food courts generally just free seating? If someone brings some food to do some shopping and wants to eat, they are well within their right to sit in the food court. Most shopping centres are severely lacking in seating in any other place as well.

If it is designated seating for a specific eatery though, that is not on. Top Ryde is quite bad for this, heaps of designated seating but not so much general.
The seating in the food court is for patrons of the eateries within in. They pay (at times hefty) rent for their shops, which includes the use of the seats for their customers. And when I, like today, buy my sandwich and can't find a seat because of groups of people sitting there with their tupperware, having made zero financial contribution to the tenants, it gets on my goat. I just think its really really poor form. I'm also talking mostly about food courts in the city, which are packed at lunchtime and aren't really in big shopping malls.

Shopping centres do lack seating in general - that i do agree with. DFO is a winner for me here in Brisbane as it has little seats all the way around allowing me to sit whilst Mrs CD shops.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does it boil your piss? When I was studying fulltime and only had time to work on the weekends (yes, on the move 7 days a week) I needed to save money by whatever means necessary. Bringing in my lunch from home was way cheaper and saved me time by not fart arsing and looking around deciding what to eat.
Because the food court is there for patrons of it. They are paying partly for the use of those seats, and in the lunch period, such spots are at a premium. You wandering in with your leftovers is no different to walking into any other establishment that provides seating and just sitting there. Go sit in the park or something...

Wahesh

Reaction score
Because the food court is there for patrons of it. They are paying partly for the use of those seats, and in the lunch period, such spots are at a premium. You wandering in with your leftovers is no different to walking into any other establishment that provides seating and just sitting there. Go sit in the park or something...
No. I worked in the shopping centre and am entitled to eat my lunch there. If there is an outlet that has seating specifically for their customers and is rented by that outlet, fair enough, but the general area is fair game.