The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corruption all the way to the top, the Cops dictate and the Premier is just a figurehead.
How do they justify laws that do not exist?
Good luck preaching the law around here, they've introduced anarchy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
PISSED OFF :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Taxi Brooklyn

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3027506/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This show only last 12 episodes, but I loved it. It's about a rather petite New York detective who is as tough as nails. In the opening episode, she loses her drivers license and catches a taxi while on the job. They form an unlikely duo. Before too long the taxi driver works for her with the NYPD paying him to drive her around. Quite a good action/comedy/drama cop show. The bad thing about it though is that it ended after 12 episodes and 1 season with a very big cliff-hanger.
Chyler Leigh. Love that chick. Will have to check this out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Taxi Brooklyn

This show only last 12 episodes, but I loved it. It's about a rather petite New York detective who is as tough as nails. In the opening episode, she loses her drivers license and catches a taxi while on the job. They form an unlikely duo. Before too long the taxi driver works for her with the NYPD paying him to drive her around. Quite a good action/comedy/drama cop show. The bad thing about it though is that it ended after 12 episodes and 1 season with a very big cliff-hanger.
Just read this post in TV thread and really threw me that it was here as well LOL.

So many good shows get cut short. Containment was one (for example), Guilt was ruined by a stupid ending, Undercover was another really good one rushed to finish.

TV shows SHOULD (I feel) be written with a fixed end game, unless there is no continuing storyline (like Family Guy, etc). Story based dramas should have a fixed period where after that it's over.

Breaking Bad learned that well. The Blacklist and many others didn't.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just read this post in TV thread and really threw me that it was here as well LOL.

So many good shows get cut short. Containment was one (for example), Guilt was ruined by a stupid ending, Undercover was another really good one rushed to finish.

TV shows SHOULD (I feel) be written with a fixed end game, unless there is no continuing storyline (like Family Guy, etc). Story based dramas should have a fixed period where after that it's over.

Breaking Bad learned that well. The Blacklist and many others didn't.
Yeah it deserved to be in both threads. I think that TV shows which get cut (such as this and Scorpion) at least deserve to be given a select number of "closing episodes" that can be produced so the show can finish properly IF it has been prematurely cancelled - say 5-6 episodes. Otherwise, who's going to want to buy a DVD of the series given how crap it ended? It could result in profit loses for the production company. It should be a legal thing.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the checkout operators at Aldi / coles / woolworths have a throttle in theor cockpit for the conveyor belt?

If they dont like the look of you can open the taps to tip over your milk to crack a few of your biscuits.

I thought i saw the guy at Aldi chuckle to himself as he stalled up the onveyorbelt for a big launch.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Do the checkout operators at Aldi / coles / woolworths have a throttle in theor cockpit for the conveyor belt?

If they dont like the look of you can open the taps to tip over your milk to crack a few of your biscuits.

I thought i saw the guy at Aldi chuckle to himself as he stalled up the onveyorbelt for a big launch.
Conveyor belts operate via signal transmission. Once the signal is broken, ie shopping item moves in its path, the belt stops.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the aldi operatora doing with their feet then? What does that lever/throttle do?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its questionable whether Communist Life Control should participate in Australia day.
Unless convicted of something serious we are free people who appreciate our war veterans for defending our country against the likes of Communists.
Long live Straya ****!

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Taxi Brooklyn

Saw your post and decided to give it a whirl even though I knew it only had one season and damn I am pissed off!! Show us brilliant. Surely someone else will pick it up!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Saw your post and decided to give it a whirl even though I knew it only had one season and damn I am pissed off!! Show us brilliant. Surely someone else will pick it up!!
I don't think so because it was in 2014 :'( That shat me hard, they have the very best episode right at the end, finish it with a cliff-hanger, then we are deprived of seeing what happens. BURNING!

Well at least @Hacky McAxe knows I wasn't telling porkies about this show.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Calling on the good citizens of Newcastle to distant themselves from Communism as we approach Australia day.
These bullshit artist's will say and do anything to make their conspiracy look legit and attempt to cling to a moral victory.
Controlling people like prisoners and torturing them for fun is not Aussie.
Have a happy propaganda free Aussie day!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bob Dog.... why is it only you being targeted in Newcastle? Seems like this is a constant problem up there.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pitch Perfect series of movies, AND Glee.. for ruining good songs with their shitty covers.
Nah Glee was pretty cool. Made me wish I was a teenager in an American High School (without the gun massacres).

Wahesh

Reaction score
I detest all shows and movies like that (which cash in on others fame/good work).
Glee actually gave them a chance to showcase their talents. It also gave the audience a chance to sing-a-long with songs they knew. The artists which songs they were singing would get royalties from them surely. The only thing I didn’t like about Glee was that it embraced the whole gay/lesbian/transgender thing.

Sad thing about the show is that Cory Monteith (died before season 5) and Mark Salling (died January 30, 2018, nearly a year ago) have been taken away way too early!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah Glee was pretty cool. Made me wish I was a teenager in an American High School (without the gun massacres).

I like cheerleaders as much as the next man, but I lasted 5 seconds before I put it on mute.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Glee actually gave them a chance to showcase their talents. It also gave the audience a chance to sing-a-long with songs they knew.
It gave them a chance to become incredibly irritating as everyone discussed how great Glee was.. it was shit.