The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love the Bulldogs and Rugby League but the lounge is the main reason I come here. I'm sure a lot of other people share this sentiment. If it goes I won't be posting on here as often.
If the lounge goes then the Bulldogs discussion will become polluted.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
211 pages of gear grinding says 'The Lounge' is necessary, we need these discussions.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt it's going.... it was just a discussion / question asked a while back.

I think it balances out the off season nicely.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I just got my new work iPhone. I took it down to the Microsoft tech guru and he has NO IDEA how to sync my email to the mail app. It took him about 10-15 different attempts (40 mins) before he threw in the towel and told his colleague to do it who got it done in 1 hit. Luckily the building has free wifi so I fart-arsed around playing games on my phone.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay now deletes negative feedback for dodgy sellers. I left negative feedback for a seller and it was deleted.

I read their forums and it happens a fair bit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Three things:
a) When you are high pressure cleaning your garage and you overshoot, nick the driveway and put a clean spot on it, and then have to clean the entire driveway. @south of heaven can you relate?
b) Nuisance callers on my mobile at 4AM.
c) Harpic In Cistern Toilet Blocks. Claims to last a few months, lasts about 4 flushes.!!!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marin cilic serving in tennis.

He bounces the ball 25 times before he serves. What does that add? He tries to irritate his opponents. Irritates me

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Three things:
a) When you are high pressure cleaning your garage and you overshoot, nick the driveway and put a clean spot on it, and then have to clean the entire driveway. @south of heaven can you relate?
c) Harpic In Cistern Toilet Blocks. Claims to last a few months, lasts about 4 flushes.!!!
Turn your phone off at night, or at least on silent.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bizarre lengths they go to, to instruct the public.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Mr Invisible

When I go to sleep at night so does my phone.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I just got my new work iPhone. I took it down to the Microsoft tech guru and he has NO IDEA how to sync my email to the mail app. It took him about 10-15 different attempts (40 mins) before he threw in the towel and told his colleague to do it who got it done in 1 hit. Luckily the building has free wifi so I fart-arsed around playing games on my phone.
Why would you take it there? Your work IT should do it or just google it

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The tech guru from Microsoft is our work IT. They outsourced it to them.
What a retard he is. I’ve done it myself there’s only like 4 fields you need to complete with the servers and all that junk

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Turn your phone off at night, or at least on silent.
There's a few reasons my phone is on all the time:
a) I often forget otherwise to turn it back on.
b) It functions as my alarm.
c) Wife works shifts and sometimes I'll nod off before she gets home (hence emergency).
d) Folks are overseas at the moment, so I prefer to remain in contact.
e) Past habits from being on call 24/7.

The tech guru from Microsoft is our work IT. They outsourced it to them.
upload_2019-1-19_15-41-40.png

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I sympathize with the IT guy. My phone battery just died, bought a new phone and am in the process of importing contacts via Bluetooth sharing. But my old phone is one of four versions of Microsoft's now defunct line of products. They only made four versions before giving up. And rather than using the android operating system they designed their own. It synced to my laptop ok. But won't transfer my contact lists to the android operating system on my new phone. Nor will my old phone do a mass Bluetooth share of all my old contacts. To complicate matters, it's taking me up to three attempts to transfer 1 contact. 25 of 150 odd contacts in and I'm ready to smash something. I regret not saving my contact list to my Sim now. But last time I saved to my Sim it crapped out and lost my contacts. I fucking hate technology.

Wahesh

Reaction score
There's a few reasons my phone is on all the time:
a) I often forget otherwise to turn it back on.
b) It functions as my alarm.
c) Wife works shifts and sometimes I'll nod off before she gets home (hence emergency).
d) Folks are overseas at the moment, so I prefer to remain in contact.
e) Past habits from being on call 24/7.

View attachment 8917
Actually he wasn't related to Indian Dog... just some regular white guy.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People trying to save the world.
I didn't know the world needed saving.
Now I have to save the world from them.
Contempt.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
People trying to save the world.
I didn't know the world needed saving.
Now I have to save the world from them.
Contempt.
Even worse are those people who claim to be speaking out for minorities and the voiceless.

Wahesh

Reaction score
PISSED OFF :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Taxi Brooklyn

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3027506/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This show only last 12 episodes, but I loved it. It's about a rather petite New York detective who is as tough as nails. In the opening episode, she loses her drivers license and catches a taxi while on the job. They form an unlikely duo. Before too long the taxi driver works for her with the NYPD paying him to drive her around. Quite a good action/comedy/drama cop show. The bad thing about it though is that it ended after 12 episodes and 1 season with a very big cliff-hanger.