The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like hell Bob. It's bad enough people trying to moralize. But it's ten times worse if they cant remember their line of argument.
Its a hell mission, I straighten it out then they just re accuse me of evil to cheer themselves up like they are deaf.
No Australian will ever be publicly liable from their own bedroom ever again, these fuckwits are reckless idiots.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Some Indian bloke in the office this morning was trying to start a conversation with me. I literally couldn't string more than a couple of words together or understand what the hell he was saying. This what it sounded like...

"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Bollywood Movie?"

"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Indie?"

FFS....

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fucking annoying idiot ***** referring to me as Brendan again with freaking messages sent to me iPhone.

"Hi Brandon, this is a friendly reminder about your appointment at Lush Hair and Beauty Bar on Thu 16 Aug 4:30pm"

"Hi, You are due for your regular dental check-up on 01/02/2017 Please call us today at Port Pirie Dental Clinic on (08) 8632 4065 to schedule an appointment"

"Brandon, share an update with friends:"

"You registered for Centrelink self service on 03/08/18. Call us on 132 307 as soon as possible if you did not register/ For info go to Human Services website. Do not reply by SMS"

"Hey Brandon, Get 4 Tyres From $399 at Beaurepaires. Find your tyres now @ www.beaurepairs.com.au OptOut reply STOP to 0418766307"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking annoying idiot ***** referring to me as Brendan again with freaking messages sent to me iPhone.

"Hi Brandon, this is a friendly reminder about your appointment at Lush Hair and Beauty Bar on Thu 16 Aug 4:30pm"

"Hi, You are due for your regular dental check-up on 01/02/2017 Please call us today at Port Pirie Dental Clinic on (08) 8632 4065 to schedule an appointment"

"Brandon, share an update with friends:"

"You registered for Centrelink self service on 03/08/18. Call us on 132 307 as soon as possible if you did not register/ For info go to Human Services website. Do not reply by SMS"

"Hey Brandon, Get 4 Tyres From $399 at Beaurepaires. Find your tyres now @ www.beaurepairs.com.au OptOut reply STOP to 0418766307"
Hey Brandon, maybe do some research and find out where these places are... maybe its someone in Adelaide (for example) giving you a number and getting the numbers mixed up.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hey Brandon, maybe do some research and find out where these places are... maybe its someone in Adelaide (for example) giving you a number and getting the numbers mixed up.
Well I've tried and I got no idea how I'm supposed to get in contact with this bloke. He's giving people MY number meaning he doesn't know his own... so I can't call him to tell him about it lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok I managed to find a number of one of those places. I rang them just now and told them when he comes in for her "hair and beauty appointment this afternoon" (oh the shame) to FIND OUT WHAT HIS FUCKING NUMBER IS AND STOP USING MINE.

Fucking Karmichael!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ok I managed to find a number of one of those places. I rang them just now and told them when he comes in for her "hair and beauty appointment this afternoon" (oh the shame) to FIND OUT WHAT HIS FUCKING NUMBER IS AND STOP USING MINE.

Fucking Karmichael!
Are all the places from the same state/area?

Wahesh

Reaction score
So its probably someone with a mobile like:
0404 171 711 (random number i made up).
and your number is
0404 177 711
Yeah that's what I'm guessing it is, but this bloke has used it 4 times - Beau Repairs, Salon, Dentist and Centrelink (I'm sure it was him who registered it with Centrelink).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm guessing it is, but this bloke has used it 4 times - Beau Repairs, Salon, Dentist and Centrelink (I'm sure it was him who registered it with Centrelink).
If centrelink has been given the number as his I'd let centrelink know. If anyone has an alternate way of contacting and letting him know he's giving out the wrong number they would.

Wahesh

Reaction score
If centrelink has been given the number as his I'd let centrelink know. If anyone has an alternate way of contacting and letting him know he's giving out the wrong number they would.
The beauty joint will - his appointment today at 4:30 will be the time. I rang up Centrelink last week and they were useless... just told me to ignore the messages.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The beauty joint will - his appointment today at 4:30 will be the time. I rang up Centrelink last week and they were useless... just told me to ignore the messages.
Of course... Centrelink and fact checking don't belong in the same sentence... thats why people that need help can't get it and those that cheat the system continue to.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Of course... Centrelink and fact checking don't belong in the same sentence... thats why people that need help can't get it and those that cheat the system continue to.
The thing is the text message says if you didn't register for this call Centrelink... so I freaking DID just for them to tell me to ignore it. WHY NOT SAY IGNORE THIS IN THE SMS FFS :tonguewink::triumph::rage:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Asians in those shiny puffy jackets wearing dust masks
The southern end of the Sydney cbd is overrun with them

Wahesh

Reaction score
Asians in those shiny puffy jackets wearing dust masks
The southern end of the Sydney cbd is overrun with them
I thought you were moving to the financial district?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At what point do you tell family they're pushing your goodwill too far. My sisters engine blew up a couple of months ago. I volunteered to give them lifts if they needed to shop etc and even offered some money towards the repair bill. But two months on and the expected 2-3 lifts per week is now about 5 days a week. I've spent about a third to half of my last 4 days off running errands with them. I could handle it on the weekends and would much prefer not getting calls at 9pm or later asking for a lift to Coles (where 1 thing is bought) and oh can I swing by mcdonalds and then KFC to grab dinner on the way home. I told them three weeks ago that I'm not happy about going for takeaway once it gets late 4 nights a week. So now I get calls to pick up one thing from the supermarket when they want late night takeaway. I don't begrudge them a feed of takeaway, but it would be really nice if dear sister focused on saving for repairs instead of splashing $90+ on takeaway food. I'm slow to tell people enough is enough, but I'm at the point now where I don't feel like I can relax after work till about 10pm because I'm anticipating that either my sister, nephew or niece will be chasing me for a lift.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Alan79

Just tell them, you can't pick them up any more.

Tell them to use a taxi/uber or hire a rental car.

And tell them why.

They are abusing your kindness.