The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking about the killing homosexuals remark. He said that after he left the show.

He also said that he is the bravest and strongest man in the world and he didn't leave the show because he was scared but because he missed his kids.
SUCH a brave person hahaha and oh so masculine.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I was talking about the killing homosexuals remark. He said that after he left the show.

He also said that he is the bravest and strongest man in the world and he didn't leave the show because he was scared but because he missed his kids.
Self hating ***.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:( ... My trusty Dimplex tower fan has decided to shit itself after about .. hmm I dunno 4 years..

Turns on and then flicks off shortly after.

Might try and do some surgery on it and see if anything stands out. Pretty sure it's on a one way trip to destination fucked though :(

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
To the Alzheimer motherfuckers, fuck your spy cameras!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't remember where I left them... :(
They had better get rid of them, little wonder Im going ga ga.
I shouldn't have to remind them the only person in charge of Bob is Bob.
Experiment failed.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I've heard all the new smart TVs spy on us. Why the f**k does Samsung want to know what I'm watching, when? What can they possibly get out of it? We buy a new tv once every few years, I'm not going to change my buying habits based on whatever research info they're getting off me!

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/smart-tv-spying-vizio-settlement/

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I've heard all the new smart TVs spy on us. Why the f**k does Samsung want to know what I'm watching, when? What can they possibly get out of it? We buy a new tv once every few years, I'm not going to change my buying habits based on whatever research info they're getting off me!

It's all about big data, bud.

So they can use your information amongst the masses and see what else they can entice you with. It's the way of the future with a lot of companies.

IE - if they can see you love your action movies, then they can recommend titles you may want to watch.

Netflix do it at the moment.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's all about big data, bud.

So they can use your information amongst the masses and see what else they can entice you with. It's the way of the future with a lot of companies.

IE - if they can see you love your action movies, then they can recommend titles you may want to watch.

Netflix do it at the moment.
I watch plenty of action movies. But the problem (for them) is that I watch something based on the reviews, not trailers ;) Or if it's a sequel to something I've previously seen.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watch plenty of action movies. But the problem (for them) is that I watch something based on the reviews, not trailers ;) Or if it's a sequel to something I've previously seen.
We think alike, bud.

It's funny, I was thinking this the other day. We were sitting around the family TV at my missuses the other day, and "Geostorm" came up as a "must watch" on their smart TV (can't remember which APP).

And so we all started watching it... They all loved it. Whilst I saw it as brainless "entertainment", it was absolute trash/mess of a movie (I feel like Gerard Butler is the Adam Sandler of action movies).

Anything below 6.5 on IMDB is a fail of a movie just about IMO (unless like you said, sequel or holds nostalgic value).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Everyone does it. The only difference with Visio is that they were selling the data without you agreeing to it which is a privacy breach. Most companies just collect the data for future developments. For example, if there's a section on the smart TV that no one uses then they won't bother developing it further with future updates or future TV models. The other breach Visio had was that the data wasn't entirely anonymous while the data gathered by other TV companies is anonymous.

All technology companies do it, the only difference is that companies like Apple and Android allow you to choose if you want to provide data to help development (the thing you tick when you first set up your phone). Other companies require you to opt out, for example, Google. If you don't opt out of Google tracking then it tracks everything you do. Every website you visit, everything you search, every location you go to (if you have a device that can track google like an Android phone or if you use Google maps at all)

Of course it's also not sinister. Google use that information to personalise adverts. It's targeted advertising.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And that's why I keep getting ads for "Meet single Asian ladies in your area"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We think alike, bud.

It's funny, I was thinking this the other day. We were sitting around the family TV at my missuses the other day, and "Geostorm" came up as a "must watch" on their smart TV (can't remember which APP).

And so we all started watching it... They all loved it. Whilst I saw it as brainless "entertainment", it was absolute trash/mess of a movie (I feel like Gerard Butler is the Adam Sandler of action movies).

Anything below 6.5 on IMDB is a fail of a movie just about IMO (unless like you said, sequel or holds nostalgic value).
I'm a bit of a mix. I'll watch something if it gets decent reviews but I'll also watch something if it gets decent reviews from the public (not professional reviewers) or if the trailer looks good.

There's many movies and TV shows I've seen that I thought were brilliant but they received horrible reviews.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone does it. The only difference with Visio is that they were selling the data without you agreeing to it which is a privacy breach. Most companies just collect the data for future developments. For example, if there's a section on the smart TV that no one uses then they won't bother developing it further with future updates or future TV models. The other breach Visio had was that the data wasn't entirely anonymous while the data gathered by other TV companies is anonymous.

All technology companies do it, the only difference is that companies like Apple and Android allow you to choose if you want to provide data to help development (the thing you tick when you first set up your phone). Other companies require you to opt out, for example, Google. If you don't opt out of Google tracking then it tracks everything you do. Every website you visit, everything you search, every location you go to (if you have a device that can track google like an Android phone or if you use Google maps at all)

Of course it's also not sinister. Google use that information to personalise adverts. It's targeted advertising.
Hell, the Kennel spies on us. Why do you think we get the ads we do?