The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Humidity last night was off the charts. 80+%

Sleeping... impossible.

Going to have to drag myself through today.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This morning... Chewbacca laughed so loud at something, the force of her laugh nearly made my eyes pop out FFS.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Sleeping... impossible.

Really? Down the road from you and I had to turn the AC off and opened the windows.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It was a little chilly this morning in my area - very slightly chilly. Not enough to get me out of bed to put the doona back on, but chilly enough.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love em..especially early in the morning!!!
Had some great thunderstorms the other night. I love them and they help me sleep, but the Mrs hates them. I'm happily sleeping but every time she hears thunder she jumps and accidentally hits me and wakes me up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sleeping... impossible.

Really? Down the road from you and I had to turn the AC off and opened the windows.
Hit me too. I got home from work, sat down to watch TV. 5 minutes later I'm down to my boxer shorts and still saturated from the humidity.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hit me too. I got home from work, sat down to watch TV. 5 minutes later I'm down to my boxer shorts and still saturated from the humidity.
We can all appreciate the cool change today. And our AC's get a well deserved break.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had some great thunderstorms the other night. I love them and they help me sleep, but the Mrs hates them. I'm happily sleeping but every time she hears thunder she jumps and accidentally hits me and wakes me up.
Lol! I was jogging once and got caught in a storm..it absolutely poured.. Anyway the rain eased off and there was this massive crack of thunder ..huge..so loud it l nearly knocked me head over tail..I found out a massive bolt of lightning had hit a metal rod a street away from where I was.. Although I love thunderstorms..I’d rather be on a verandah watching it than in it..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol! I was jogging once and got caught in a storm..it absolutely poured.. Anyway the rain eased off and there was this massive crack of thunder ..huge..so loud it l nearly knocked me head over tail..I found out a massive bolt of lightning had hit a metal rod a street away from where I was.. Although I love thunderstorms..I’d rather be on a verandah watching it than in it..
I remember once a few years ago I was at home one overcast morning and at about 9:00am, I heard this huge sound, the loudest sound I had ever heard in my life. It startled me, that's how loud it was (and nothing ever startles me). It sounded like an explosion. I immediately ran to all the rooms upstairs and looked out the windows (all of them) to see if I could see any smoke. Nothing. I went outside to see if I could see anything. Nothing. No people were outside either. I thought it was weird.

Anyway about an hour later I got in the car and drove to the shops. On the way there at 10:00am news came on, and they said a lightning strike at a school oval in Glenmore Park hit a group of girls who were in the park. They were experiencing symptoms such as dizzyness, vomiting etc...

Now, Glenmore Park is a good 50km from where I live, so if a lightning strike there sounded that loud it nearly threw me through the rood 50km away, I can't imagine how loud the sound you heard was!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a major one about 8 years back. Massive thunderstorm. The Mrs was cowering inside so I went outside in the middle of it. Had about 6 lightning strikes near me all aroudn me (about 100m away)

Couldn't go back inside though. It's the most amazing feeling being completely surrounded by lightning. The Mrs was yelling at me to come back inside but I refused until the storm passed.

Now everytime there's a storm I'll run outside and get depressed at how far away it is.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember once a few years ago I was at home one overcast morning and at about 9:00am, I heard this huge sound, the loudest sound I had ever heard in my life. It startled me, that's how loud it was (and nothing ever startles me). It sounded like an explosion. I immediately ran to all the rooms upstairs and looked out the windows (all of them) to see if I could see any smoke. Nothing. I went outside to see if I could see anything. Nothing. No people were outside either. I thought it was weird.

Anyway about an hour later I got in the car and drove to the shops. On the way there at 10:00am news came on, and they said a lightning strike at a school oval in Glenmore Park hit a group of girls who were in the park. They were experiencing symptoms such as dizzyness, vomiting etc...

Now, Glenmore Park is a good 50km from where I live, so if a lightning strike there sounded that loud it nearly threw me through the rood 50km away, I can't imagine how loud the sound you heard was!
They hit at 120 dB. Loud enough to deafen you if you're close enough. I had them strike between 100m - 500m away several strikes and it made my ears ring for a while but not loud enough to cause any long term problems.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Couldn't go back inside though. It's the most amazing feeling being completely surrounded by lightning. The Mrs was yelling at me to come back inside but I refused until the storm passed.
Couldn't? Why couldn't you go back inside?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't? Why couldn't you go back inside?
'cause then I'd have to give up such an amazing sight and feeling. Love storms. The sheer power of mother nature.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Whoa! Yeah it was MASSIVE..really was..as I said it nearly knocked me over.. I remember looking down at my feet..because I instinctively ducked my head..and they were both off the ground..

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a major one about 8 years back. Massive thunderstorm. The Mrs was cowering inside so I went outside in the middle of it. Had about 6 lightning strikes near me all aroudn me (about 100m away)

Now everytime there's a storm I'll run outside and get depressed at how far away it is.
That is the making of a new superhero! But seriously if one strikes you it’ll be Hacky McDeady!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many people can you squeeze into Sydney, if the trains are jammed spend on regional centres, why does everyone have to live in one spot.