The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rainbow flag, it's really starting to give me the shits

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kebab shops that insisting on toasting the fuck out of my kebab, ruining it

I always have to say "Just lightly toasted " but then it still comes out breaking my teeth

Imo kebabs shouldn't be toasted at all... you just put the bread on a hot plate to warm it up.

Problem is that few kebab places in Brisbane are run by actual Turks. It' all franchised shit...

You guys in Sydney have it so good.
You’re so right, I don’t buy a kebab if it’s on Lebanese bread (I’m Lebanese), I feel ripped off, it has to be on the Greek bread, where they heat it up on the hot plate with the beef or chicken! That’s the bread you want it on!
E42B24F4-8499-451C-A919-637AB94519A8.jpeg

If I don’t see this in the kebab shop, I’m walking out!!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re so right, I don’t buy a kebab if it’s on Lebanese bread (I’m Lebanese), I feel ripped off, it has to be on the Greek bread, where they heat it up on the hot plate with the beef or chicken! That’s the bread you want it on!
View attachment 4499
I agree
That's the best bread
You can get it from Harris farm markets
I use it for everything
Manoosh sorry bout the spelling
I use it for pizza bases
Souvlaki
Home made kebabs.
You name it

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I always have to say "Just lightly toasted " but then it still comes out breaking my teeth

Imo kebabs shouldn't be toasted at all... you just put the bread on a hot plate to warm it up.

Problem is that few kebab places in Brisbane are run by actual Turks. It' all franchised shit...

Auburn kebab house

Or Sahara at burwood

Only two worth eating

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Overcrowded shopping centres with ***** just walking around like tourists
Especially Asians, don't get me wrong I have nothing against Asians generally
But they seam to clutter the joint up
I think during peak times like xmas and Easter, we should have Asian free shopping days
And that includes Indians alike, maybe grant them access outside normal hours
Also would free up car spots

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I found the only Lebanese restaurant in Surfers that isn't a Lebanese restaurant lol

No leb food except for sambusic lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Overcrowded shopping centres with ***** just walking around like tourists
Especially Asians, don't get me wrong I have nothing against Asians generally
But they seam to clutter the joint up
I think during peak times like xmas and Easter, we should have Asian free shopping days
And that includes Indians alike, maybe grant them access outside normal hours
Also would free up car spots
Asians and Indians walk like they drive.....they can't.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS try the Tank special if you're bored next time...

This "Cadillac" of Kebabs includes....

Extra meat of your choice
Onion
Light cheese
Jalapeno
Pineapple
Toum
Chilli sauce
Chilli flakes

Assyrian and Mexican style (AssyriCan lol). The UN can learn a lot from my kebab....

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Asians and Indians walk like they drive.....they can't.
It's not how they walk that shits me it's the fact they stop in the most awkward places
Like corners and entrenches to shops and start chatting

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Kebabs in Lebanese bread won't break if they're toasted.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This grinds my gears. SUNDAY MORNING. A beautiful day, the sun was shinning, and I was in a good moon. As like many other people like to do on a Sunday morning, I went to a cafe, ordered a coffee, and sat in a seat enjoying reading the newspaper. This lady came and sat next to me (no problem). Nice , peaceful and blissful. Then... her fat, loud-mouthed friend walked in and the FFS-athon begins.

The stupid bitch would NOT STOP TALKING. So fkn loud too. I'm trying to read the paper and find out what the hell is going on in the world, when loud-mouth-McGee was crapping on about fuck knows what. She mentioned something about grabbing the mic at her companies Christmas party and saying "Ho ho ho" all the time (oh how I feel sorry for anyone at that "party"), and then something about her wearing a blue dress and she couldn't find the right bra to lift her cleavage far up enough.

At that point, I went to the barista and told him to make the coffee to go, and I got the FUCK out of there.

Now, considering I got my coffee and started walking around Myer, that tells you something. I would have much preferred walking around a Department store during Christmas time, the height of stressfulness, than listen to her.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Damn straight. This annoys the hell out of me. The bread needs warming up especially if it's Pita bread but when it comes out as a crispy rock it's just shit house.

The ones that annoy me most is Ali Baba. Worst kebabs you can get 'cause they're all franchises run by people who don't know what they're doing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 4499
The Kebab shop I usually go to make their own bread and it's great. But they're old school Turks so they know what they're doing.