The things that float your boat!

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Geez we have a lot of replies from the “things that grind your gears” thread, so on a more positive note I’m going to start off with some things that float my boat...

Number one has to be The Bulldogs beating the Rorters, then every other team in the corrupt comp.

A great Tomahawk ribeye reverse seared to perfection on my Char Griller BBQ.

A HUGE multi getting up, I made over $20,000 on NRL and EPL football this year alone!

A nice long drive in the Audi with my gorgeous wife followed by a nice lunch somewhere decent.

C’mon lads lets focus on the things that make life worth living, I want to hear all the things that put a smile on your dials...
I had a multi paying $132000. I put $200 on nights v sharks a draw into manly st george draw. The first game got up but manly won by 6 points in the 2nd, 5 mins to go ben creagh got tackled literally 1m short from the line next to the post. My heart was in my mouth. I also had a multi win brisbane 1-12 vs saints, melbourne 7-12 vs nights, cronulla 1-12 vs penrith. The penrith game was sunday arvo my last leg todd carney kicked a field goal to win. $500 on it $27500 return. I also won $21000 grand on soccer adelaide to beat perth 2-1 into man utd v man city draw off $1000. I lost an a league bet in the 95min melb vic vs melb heart. 1-1 draw i tipped had $3000 on it paying $7. There was supposed to be 4 mins added time and Archie Thompson hit the crossbar and went it in the 95min!!! I was already counting my money. I love a bet

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I had a multi paying $132000. I put $200 on nights v sharks a draw into manly st george draw. The first game got up but manly won by 6 points in the 2nd, 5 mins to go ben creagh got tackled literally 1m short from the line next to the post. My heart was in my mouth. I also had a multi win brisbane 1-12 vs saints, melbourne 7-12 vs nights, cronulla 1-12 vs penrith. The penrith game was sunday arvo my last leg todd carney kicked a field goal to win. $500 on it $27500 return. I also won $21000 grand on soccer adelaide to beat perth 2-1 into man utd v man city draw off $1000. I lost an a league bet in the 95min melb vic vs melb heart. 1-1 draw i tipped had $3000 on it paying $7. There was supposed to be 4 mins added time and Archie Thompson hit the crossbar and went it in the 95min!!! I was already counting my money. I love a bet
Wow! You sure do like a bet mate.
Some nice pick-ups there for sure. I don't think I could put $200 or $500 down on a bet, you gotta bet big to win big though!

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow! You sure do like a bet mate.
Some nice pick-ups there for sure. I don't think I could put $200 or $500 down on a bet, you gotta bet big to win big though!
Bet big win big but its money if i lose i dont miss it. I just built up a kity then put it all down. I never put more then 3 legs in a multi and 1st try scorers are sometimes a given. Like corey oates for brisbane 5 weeks in a row 1st try scorer. If your smart you can put 3 hd to hd games together 1.50 x 1.65 x 1.80 = 4.45 put $1000 on it theres a weeks wage or 2. You will always have upsets but i win more then i lose. Its just having the balls to put tge money down. If you know stats everyteam has a bogie side and storm, roosters, broncos rarely lose at home lately

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bet big win big but its money if i lose i dont miss it. I never put more then 3 legs in a multi and 1st try scorers are sometimes a given. Like corey oates for brisbane 5 weeks in a row 1st try scorer. If your smart you can put 3 hd to hd games together 1.50 x 1.65 x 1.80 = 4.45 put $1000 on it theres a weeks wage or 2. You will always have upsets but i win more then i lose. Its just having the balls to put tge money down. If you know stats everyteam has a bogie side and storm, roosters, broncos rarely lose at home lately
Nice mate! Geez I'd shit me pants putting $1000 on a multi. I've lost count of the amount of times my multi's have fallen over due to the "dead certainty" leg losing. Frustrating!

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nice mate! Geez I'd shit me pants putting $1000 on a multi. I've lost count of the amount of times my multi's have fallen over due to the "dead certainty" leg losing. Frustrating!
I stay away from the $1.25 favourites there not worth the risk over reward. Go to reddit some guy has listed stats type nrl hd to hd stats. Afl is a good earner 1-39 pays $2 so if its geelong vs hawthorn port vs adelaide sydney vs gws the derbies more then likely it will be close. I sometimes throw a soccer game in for a team to win by 1 goal you get $4 odds. I also won $12000 on greg bird state of origin man of the match. Everyone was talking him up how he should of got mom game 1. Gould, johns, sterlo all talking about they cant wait to see bird tonight in game 2. I think he might of even played 6.Just slowly build up your winnings, even if its only $20 to start a $20 winner is better then a $500 multi u have 1 leg left and jamie soward kicks a field goal and you went 1-12 margin and you lose. Every year the refs change the ruck speed or new rules and it changes match totals and margins. Friday night upsets and sunday arvo blow outs

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow you have some pretty hefty wins there mate well done! I have a golden rule when it comes to betting, NO margins betting, NO first tryscorers the odds are better but the risk is higher! I do some heavy research into NRL, AFL and world football soccer games and look for good value anytime tryscorer and anytime goal scorers that have good form then whack a hundred or a couple hundred on them and just accumalate my winnings that way! Get great results the last round of NRL round two this year I invested $280 and pulled out $5500!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel ya there hense why I don’t invest in the $1.25 faves anymore!

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow you have some pretty hefty wins there mate well done! I have a golden rule when it comes to betting, NO margins betting, NO first tryscorers the odds are better but the risk is higher! I do some heavy research into NRL, AFL and world football soccer games and look for good value anytime tryscorer and anytime goal scorers that have good form then whack a hundred or a couple hundred on them and just accumalate my winnings that way! Get great results the last round of NRL round two this year I invested $280 and pulled out $5500!
Yeah bra if you put say $100 bet on each week thats $2600 for the season. If you jag a 10-20k win your laughing. Yeah teams have that set play were they always favour the right hand pass so if vinivalu or oates are that winger for example and there at home in a game they should win i go the tryscorer. Like mika sivo last yr. Ive bet on nrl since i was 18 im now 37. Mate i swear games the refs are in a fix or the players. I had a storm game where smith kicked 1 from 6. Big money only head to head or handicap. Big multi low dollars. If the refs want a high scoring game they blow the pea out of the whistle. I remember a few years ago the nrl kept raving on about the closest competition ever and tri bet option i was killing it either team win by 1-6 points includes the draw. Anzac round 7 out of 8 games were decided that way. Or i go pick your own line you can get a 14 point start and still get 1.40 on the dogs vs the eagles at neutral ground.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel ya there hense why I don’t invest in the $1.25 faves anymore!
I hate soccer favs like that i know liverpool where a sure thing last year but you throw fa cup, efl cup, champions league they play alot of football the draw is inevitable. I prefer a $2.40 game where you can go double chance. Last year i cleaned up southhampton got beat i think 9-0 buy the foxes they were paying $7 to win in the replay teams always bounce back after a flogging and they were in form.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I see you even took roosters bogie side the sea eagles nice. I was on sportsbet but got my account closed long story. But ive always won on tab, never any payout disputes. But because i win regulary im on some type of list when i place bets i have a mate who worked for tab who said people who win on big odds not neccessarly the amount you win but the profit made gets like an alert. Ive had odds change on my multi screen after i put the bet on. I always find to win you need to pick the upsets go against the grain. I remember titans played canberra in canberra a few years ago instead of picking raiders 1.30 favs. I went titans with 18+ start at the same price. Titans actually won big upset raiders had some injuries and i pulled a 10k multi.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I see you even took roosters bogie side the sea eagles nice. I was on sportsbet but got my account closed long story. But ive always won on tab, never any payout disputes. But because i win regulary im on some type of list when i place bets i have a mate who worked for tab who said people who win on big odds not neccessarly the amount you win but the profit made gets like an alert. Ive had odds change on my multi screen after i put the bet on. I always find to win you need to pick the upsets go against the grain. I remember titans played canberra in canberra a few years ago instead of picking raiders 1.30 favs. I went titans with 18+ start at the same price. Titans actually won big upset raiders had some injuries and i pulled a 10k multi.
Yeah I was thinking you must have been black listed because you win large amounts often, that tends to happen. Yeah mate I’ve worked out a certain pattern when it comes to favorites and underdogs, to the extent that I ignore the odds and moreso follow form, history and home ground etc I used to be a lackie until I figured out the proper formula now it’s all $$$ in the bank CHA CHING lol

P.s Would love to hear your long story re sportsbet.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking you must have been black listed because you win large amounts often, that tends to happen. Yeah mate I’ve worked out a certain pattern when it comes to favorites and underdogs, to the extent that I ignore the odds and moreso follow form, history and home ground etc I used to be a lackie until I figured out the proper formula now it’s all $$$ in the bank CHA CHING lol

P.s Would love to hear your long story re sportsbet.
My dads mate was a bookie and he always looked at the program not the tab odds to place bets. He said people get sucked in 1.20 that has to win. 5 dollars no chance. I use nrl live to pick my winners and do it sunday after the last game, then all the performances and reasons why teams won are fresh. Then maybe make an adjustment once the final teams are made if theres a big out. Lets just say sportsbet used to offer credit to good customers they dont anymore especially when you try to make multiple accounts.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My dads mate was a bookie and he always looked at the program not the tab odds to place bets. He said people get sucked in 1.20 that has to win. 5 dollars no chance. I use nrl live to pick my winners and do it sunday after the last game, then all the performances and reasons why teams won are fresh. Then maybe make an adjustment once the final teams are made if theres a big out. Lets just say sportsbet used to offer credit to good customers they dont anymore especially when you try to make multiple accounts.
I have a theory that works fantastic on NRL games in reference to big name players being withdrawn from a match at the last minute! For many years I used to jump on an opposition team who are playing against a favored team who has had a big name player pull out minutes before the game starts, and for many years I was let down and absolutely robbed by the betting agencies! Then I changed my approach and looked at the psychological factor of the team that has a player withdrawn, 90% of the time the understrength team fires up knowing they have to perform otherwise they will get smashed, and the opposing team relaxes somewhat so I jump on the understrength team now everytime once their odds drop, guaranteed winner mate!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah bra if you put say $100 bet on each week thats $2600 for the season. If you jag a 10-20k win your laughing. Yeah teams have that set play were they always favour the right hand pass so if vinivalu or oates are that winger for example and there at home in a game they should win i go the tryscorer. Like mika sivo last yr. Ive bet on nrl since i was 18 im now 37. Mate i swear games the refs are in a fix or the players. I had a storm game where smith kicked 1 from 6. Big money only head to head or handicap. Big multi low dollars. If the refs want a high scoring game they blow the pea out of the whistle. I remember a few years ago the nrl kept raving on about the closest competition ever and tri bet option i was killing it either team win by 1-6 points includes the draw. Anzac round 7 out of 8 games were decided that way. Or i go pick your own line you can get a 14 point start and still get 1.40 on the dogs vs the eagles at neutral ground.
Agreed mate the refs and players are def in on the fix because there’s been so many instances where something impossible happens or an inconcievable ruling from the ref happens and nek minut the sports betting agaencies win HUGE and I mean HUGE! Take for instance last years grand final where there were two seperate diabolicle decisions made by the ref that severely influenced the games outcome, need I say more? Ntake it as a given that all the Sutton brothers pockets are being lined with dirty money...

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed mate the refs and players are def in on the fix because there’s been so many instances where something impossible happens or an inconcievable ruling from the ref happens and nek minut the sports betting agaencies win HUGE and I mean HUGE! Take for instance last years grand final where there were two seperate diabolicle decisions made by the ref that severely influenced the games outcome, need I say more? Ntake it as a given that all the Sutton brothers pockets are being lined with dirty money...
The nrl actually get a percentage of all money from bets made on thier sport so the more the tab make the more the nrl make. Theres definately a fixed line from the video ref to the tab lol. But honestly when geoff toovey went off about that manly game where the video ref dissallowed a deadset try and came out and said there needs to be an investigation into this there really did it was daylight robbery. Even the Foran hand of god when he tapped the ball forward in the semis against the cowboys. Then the 7 tackle set against the cowboys again in the semis against the sharks which they scored off. So many times ive been 1-12 and the ref will blow a bullshit ruck infringement right in front of the sticks so they take the 2 points and blow out the margin which he could of blown 100 timesthat game if hes being picky. The night the tigers beat the storm at home they were given penalty after penalty 3rd tackle getting out of thier own half then they throw the storm 3 1st tackle penalties right on tigers try line as a square up. The refs could tell a friend put $1000 on the storm 13+ this weekend ill do my best to make it happen no one knows with a small 1 off bet like that. There was rumours the nrl were telling refs to favour teams and try to share the premireships around so each yr a different team made the grand final. Although to compete with afl the storm need to stay strong.