The TFC thread- team fighting championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poland team fighting championships bring street fighting into the ring

HAVE you ever watched UFC and found yourself thinking it should be more violent, and have less rules?
Me neither. Until now that is.
Because that was clearly the line of thought running through the heads of the possible genius who thought up Poland’s Team Fighting Championships.
There’s a fine line between genius and insanity, and this new MMA concept is happy to cross that line. And then punch it in the face repeatedly.

The official website proclaims proudly: “Team Fighting Championship (TFC) promotes a new approach to the martial arts where you can enjoy the exciting moments of a group street fighting transferred to the sport grounds.”
What they lack in grammar they more than deliver in fighting.
BRUTAL WOMAN WHO CHANGED UFC
It’s a bit like conventional MMA, but with teams of five fighters facing off in a crude ring that appears to be made of rope and old car tires.
The rules are simple according to the organisers. No blows to the Adam’s apple, groin kicks, biting or spitting. This appears to leave a wide range of options available.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT BRISBANE - GALLERY
The participants certainly seem to have no problems employing techniques ranging from stamping on a downed opponent to insane flying kicks, knees and tackles. Presumably a headbutt to the groin might be frowned on, but it would fall within the rules as they are written.

There are actually more referees in the ring than there are rules, with five keeping track of proceedings.
Any early advantage translates to a winning edge as fighters double, triple and quadruple team opponents in an attacking frenzy.
This could be one possible future for MMA. Surely Aussie fans would love it.
There is only one question remaining. Why am I not watching TFC right now?

[video=youtube;PqcWgQcBi-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqcWgQcBi-I[/video]

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the underside of Europe. Europe has a lot of street gangs that incite violence at a drop of a hat. Some how it makes sense to invite them along to solve their differences in a controlled environment while testing themselves against each other.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the underside of Europe. Europe has a lot of street gangs that incite violence at a drop of a hat. Some how it makes sense to invite them along to solve their differences in a controlled environment while testing themselves against each other.
I bet some of the guys from the Middle East would love it. 4 on 1 is their style!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine a Serb team v's a Croat team...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube;po0yS2d63XA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0yS2d63XA[/video]

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine a Serb team v's a Croat team...
I don't think they have heard of this concept yet but you can bet your ass they would be in it for sure. The natural dislike between the two would make it an interesting fight for sure. Though I think the Serbs would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.