The Tennis Thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He's been ripped of on a few calls even the commentators have called it.
You win some you lose some.
He wouldn’t even be there if Rafa was fit.
And he’s still a merchant banker.
I normally cheer for Aussies no matter what.
I remember not liking The Poo that much but still cheered for him in the ‘03 Wimbledon final. The nicest thing I can say about Nick is he’s not Bernard Tomic.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nick just lost the match right there...
I agree and because he can’t control his temper.
He’s a talented player who wastes energy on attitude. I’d be surprised if Novak doesn’t close it out from here.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This ***** off tap.
Its amazing cause he has the talent to win but how can you be so volatile in the heat for hours at this level and win.
And if he does win who wants to see him hold the trophy lol.
Dont really care who wins but its fascinating to watch.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree and because he can’t control his temper.
He’s a talented player who wastes energy on attitude. I’d be surprised if Novak doesn’t close it out from here.
Agree, all he needed to do was stay composed and win his serves games and not give up the break... Silly boy.
If he can break Novaks serve game once in this set he may well stretch this match out.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick Kyrgios is such a wasted talent, he can play great but he can’t control his temper. He did do well for a set and half, then he started to crack it. If only he could keep his shit together. I know he’s got a huge amount of issues, but one thing is amazing - he has no coach - so overall, including practice - it’s all up to him if he wins or loses.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kyrgios will only break serve if Novak chokes...don't see any other way.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Can't believe the saps up in Kyrgios' box embarrassing themselves by having to stand up or sit down like puppets when he tells them to. They're like his pets or something, it's pretty pitiful.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Novax has played in 30-something grand slam finals and you're all acting like Kyrgios should be sticking it to him in his 1st or he is shit.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Young Serbian Dean Pay in Novak's crew

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great effort by Nick. Killer serve, just couldn't match it with Novak on the baseline.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Result not that surprising.
At least Nick looked gracious towards Novak and the Umpire at the end. I’m sure he’s disappointed - but his talent isn’t what lost the match…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Great effort by Nick. Killer serve, just couldn't match it with Novak on the baseline.
Yeah but Novak also kept his cool.
Mental strength is just as crucial as physical strength at this level. Think Rafa back at the Oz Open final in January. Down 2 sets to 0 and won 3 sets to 2.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Novax has played in 30-something grand slam finals and you're all acting like Kyrgios should be sticking it to him in his 1st or he is shit.
People just stating that he is a fuckwit sook. Carried on like a spoilt toddler until the very end with his little red cap on. Novak is a tool but it's great that he won this one. Kyrgios blaming the people in his box for every bad shot is just laughable, watching a grown man carry on like that.