The Tennis Thread

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is ironic that those that lauded themselves for decades for their rights and laws and freedoms which were denied others in the rest of the world now condemn an other for exercising his freedom of choice
He had every right to exercise his freedom and not come to a country which had rules that barred him entry.

He dragged it out to the death and once he came across what appeared to be a loophole, the corrrected rules kicked in and he was disqualified from entry. He then tried to bypass the corrected rule under some legal jargon of "procedural fairness" which simply was a slap in the face of the country and its laws. He managed to convince a judge but not the minister who is in charge of maintaining the integrity of the borders.

The emotions of covid rules are too raw for too many Aussies for the minister to ignore amd so he had to act in the interests of the Auatralian public.

Even if he honestly felt sorry for Djokovic, he had to act in the interest of the majority of Australians.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Novak was not in the right and I don’t agree with a lot of what he did, the way he has been treated is ridiculous. He’s a victim of a couple of flogs playing politics trying to shift the attention away from their shitty job at managing a pandemic and the covid breaches at their Hillsong camps with thousands of free RAT tests while us people line up for hours and even days to get ours
So Novak isn’t allowed back in 3 years? That’s such a shit result for all involved.
I dont like the 3 year exclusion but for it to be enforced they must have serious serious concerns about the validity of his documentation or false declarations which they believe were not innocent errors - but intentional.

As others have mentioned, he is not a bum that will enter the country and become a burden. He is an elite sportsperson who is here for maybe 3 weeks (stimulating the economy while here) and leaves till the following year.

Im not against the decision to deport him. I just dont think its worth a 3 year penalty.

Then again, i didnt thinlosing g 6 demerits doing 47 in a 40 zone during holiday season was justified but i copped it on the chin even after i argued with RMS and got rejected.....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not being able to close out a simple visa cancellation is pretty next level incompetence.

How Djokovic can get a court hearing like this is fucking ludicrous

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of you need to stop carrying on as if being vaxed stops you from getting COVID or passing it on. Omicron has changed the game dramatically, so trying to apply the old rules no longer makes any sense.

Malla

Reaction score
I dont like the 3 year exclusion but for it to be enforced they must have serious serious concerns about the validity of his documentation or false declarations which they believe were not innocent errors - but intentional.

As others have mentioned, he is not a bum that will enter the country and become a burden. He is an elite sportsperson who is here for maybe 3 weeks (stimulating the economy while here) and leaves till the following year.

Im not against the decision to deport him. I just dont think its worth a 3 year penalty.

Then again, i didnt thinlosing g 6 demerits doing 47 in a 40 zone during holiday season was justified but i copped it on the chin even after i argued with RMS and got rejected.....
Yeah 3 years is a bit much. I think it’s fair to say he’s out of this years tournament however they are appealing and I imagine that appeal is so he can come back next year.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KEY POSTS

Yep.....Prime minister of Serbia will be beside himself...

Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić asks Scott Morrison why Novak Djokovic is being harassed
Serbia's President has asked why Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison is "harassing" Novak Djokovic, questioning his motives after Australian authorities cancelled the tennis star's visa for the second time on Friday.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s the only thing that could’ve beat Djokovic this summer..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KEY POSTS

Yep.....Prime minister of Serbia will be beside himself...

Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić asks Scott Morrison why Novak Djokovic is being harassed
Serbia's President has asked why Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison is "harassing" Novak Djokovic, questioning his motives after Australian authorities cancelled the tennis star's visa for the second time on Friday.
The Serb government has an election soon, they will lead the parochial "we love Novak and hate Australia" train to an election victory, and then send Scott Morrison and the Immigration minister thank you cards.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right outcome in the end , even tho was done for political purposes .

hin being allowed in the country imo would be slap in the face to those that can’t work due to not having jab and entire Victorian state who have harsher measures to the vax than NSW . Remember the crowd needs to be vaccinated along with all sportspeople in that state . Ie Nelson A for the storm can’t train with the team and play for storm In vic

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Psychological harassment ?
They wouldn't know the meaning of it.
Nadal the new God in Australia.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Barry breezing through here.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
now barred from the french open

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the Aussie men are playing at once ffs ...
De Minaur, Kyrgios and Popyrin all on court at a virtually identical time.See how many win, De Minaur has ramped up the power so far this season can he overachieve?
Kyrgios the "main" match and is playing typically with power including shitloads of huge aces, 163kmh forehand winners and then winning service points also with tweener first serves lol