The Tennis Thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just lost the first set in a tie break..had two set points on her serve in it!!
I’m loving kenin at the moment, she’s awesome for a young woman, I may have a new favourite :tonguewink: especially if she can beat the number one !!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry Barty...I have a new favourite, I hope Kenin beats you... nothing personal :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is a choke on the cards?
Choked..had the match..but credit to the youngest she did it when it mattered..down breaks..down set points.. Good luck to Kenin in the final..This loss should drive Barty to play better next time..

Now Barty is gone..Fed surely will go tonight..barring some minor miracle.. My interest in the tournament will die tonight..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Choked..had the match..but credit to the youngest she did it when it mattered..down breaks..down set points.. Good luck to Kenin in the final..This loss should drive Barty to play better next time..

Now Barty is gone..Fed surely will go tonight..barring some minor miracle.. My interest in the tournament will die tonight..
As will mine if fed doesn’t hold on, except I now have a new favourite player to keep me going ... absolutely brilliant game by kenin, good in her , she will be a star of the future.

sorry ash.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry Barty...I have a new favourite, I hope Kenin beats you... nothing personal :grinning:
You bastard..you jinxed her.. Lol! Nah Kenin rose to the occasion and was so tough when the clutch plays came..she nailed it.. Great win..she pulled it out of the fire..was gone but rose from the ashes..while Barty wobbled.. Barty will regroup..assess what happened..and learn from it.

Ps.. gee how good were my sporting cliches..bahahaha bahahaha..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As will mine if fed doesn’t hold on, except I now have a new favourite player to keep me going ... absolutely brilliant game by kenin, good in her , she will be a star of the future.

sorry ash.
Yep Kenin looks the goods.. Got a great nerve.. Sheesh was in trouble but got out it..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep Kenin looks the goods.. Got a great nerve.. Sheesh was in trouble but got out it..
She’s all class, and a very nice girl too, post match chat was awesome, can’t not like her.

enjoy tonight’s game mate, I’m off to see how Halep does now, should be a walk in the park for her lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She’s all class, and a very nice girl too, post match chat was awesome, can’t not like her.

enjoy tonight’s game mate, I’m off to see how Halep does now, should be a walk in the park for her lol.
Have fun.. I don’t know if if I have the nerve to watch Fed!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have fun.. I don’t know if if I have the nerve to watch Fed!
Yea he still has that little groin/Leg niggle by the looks , it’s going to be nervous times, but we pretty much know which way it will go unfortunately.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
FedEx all over Joker... 4-1 1st set

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My man fed pulled the wool over the jokers eyes an came out an pulled his pants down early :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: good man roger..!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well fed may have fooled the joker once but it didn’t last, it’s all unfolding how predicated, not looking good for the best of all time, well done roger. Can be proud whatever the result my man. Much love.!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Injury and a tough campaign caught up with the Fed..if he snagged the first set ..which he should have..who knows..played some blinding tennis in it.. But Djokovic once again brilliant on his favourite court.. Looks like number 17 Grand Slam coming up..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Joker will win the mens easily.

As for Barty/Kenin, I couldn't watch the match because I was at work, but wow... it was awesome to see two competitors wearing the same out and same colours lol. Fila must be happy with that :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Injury and a tough campaign caught up with the Fed..if he snagged the first set ..which he should have..who knows..played some blinding tennis in it.. But Djokovic once again brilliant on his favourite court.. Looks like number 17 Grand Slam coming up..
Federer is 38. He's a brilliant player and is #3 in the world still, but time waits for no man, or in Serena's case, no woman.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Federer is 38. He's a brilliant player and is #3 in the world still, but time waits for no man, or in Serena's case, no woman.
Very true..but in the words of Indiana Jones.. ‘It’s not the years honey..it’s the mileage..’

Wahesh

Reaction score
Australian Open 2020 prize money:

SINGLES – men's and women's

Round 1
$90,000

Round 2
$128,000

Round 3
$180,000

Round 4