The Tennis Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just found out that Bouchard didn't even qualify. What a fall from grace she's had. Semi-finalist here just 6 years ago, and doesn't even qualify today.
6 years can be a long time in any professional sport when you look at grand slam champs over the past decade who you have barely heard from since.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Betoota Advocate does have a point:

Nation Urges Rafael Nadal To Invest In Some Decent Undies

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet | CONTACT

As the nation’s month of tennis consumption begins to peak, questions have been raised about Rafael Nadal’s inability to purchase a decent set of underwear.

This comes after the world Number 1 and 19 time Grand Slam champion continues his pre-serve ritual of pulling his wedgie out of his chiselled Spanish bottom.

The Spanish tennis icon famously performs a pre-serve ritual involving combing each side of his hair behind his ears, wiping sweat from his brow, bouncing the ball a prescribed amount of times, and off course, pulling his wedgie out.

“I get that it’s his thing, but surely he can invest in some decent undies. He’s worth that much that I’m sure he could get state of the art ones that have decent elastic in the leggings that don’t go to shit and ride up your cheeks,” said a spokesperson named Phil Philson down at the Lord Kidman Hotel in Betoota’s Old City District.

His female colleague sitting next to him enjoying a 12 dollar parmi lunch special named Georgie Hing weirdly said she doesn’t have that much of an issue with it.

“Haha he’s such an Adonis I don’t even care,” she laughed.

“What a dreamboat,” she followed up staring off into the distance.

“Maybe he should get some of your Dugongs Smugglers or some shit though.”

It’s not known if the request will be passed on to the Spanish Bull.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
6 years can be a long time in any professional sport when you look at grand slam champs over the past decade who you have barely heard from since.
Well that's true but you'd at least think she'll qualify.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyrgios is playing some fun shots out there... but will be a different kettle of fish in 2 rounds' time when he plays Rafa.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Kyrgios is playing some fun shots out there... but will be a different kettle of fish in 2 rounds' time when he plays Rafa.
Rafa will have him from Brekky. NK doesn't have control of his temper.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rafa will have him from Brekky. NK doesn't have control of his temper.
On hard courts its 2 -1 to Kyrgios.

I think he did well last night to recompose himself. He even called himself a dickhead afterwards and apologised to his box.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone here been punting on this with BetEasys chase the ace promo?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Epic Fed vs Millman..match of the tournament so far.. Fed gracious winner..attributing the difficultly of the match to Millman who he believed was unlucky not to win..not like Williams who believed her loss was due solely to her.. nothing to do with her opponent Wang’s ability..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Epic Fed vs Millman..match of the tournament so far.. Fed gracious winner..attributing the difficultly of the match to Millman who he believed was unlucky not to win..not like Williams who believed her loss was due solely to her.. nothing to do with her opponent Wang’s ability..
That's Serena. Vast difference between her and Osaka, who choked even harder, But at least showed her opponent a bit of respect.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's Serena. Vast difference between her and Osaka, who choked even harder, But at least showed her opponent a bit of respect.
Absolutely..totally agree CD.. Serena has always been about Serena.. Didn’t hear Osaka’s comments..but I’m not surprised..wow beaten by a 15yr old Gauff..
The women’s results are falling nicely for Barty..

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kyrgios has Nadal covered. His biggest obstacle is himself. The fact that they also don’t like each other will make interesting viewing.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Nick Kyrgios imitates Rafael Nadal – and even the umpire laughs!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tennys Sandgren
Talk about fate stepping in....what a name for a tennis player.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nick keeping with Nadal so far... but I reckon the longer this goes on the more chance Rafa has of winning.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nick did bloody well tonight against Nadal, he can hold his head up high. One point in it all the way to the end and you had to love the racquet smash haha .. good stuff Kyrgios!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nick did bloody well tonight against Nadal, he can hold his head up high. One point in it all the way to the end and you had to love the racquet smash haha .. good stuff Kyrgios!!
It's all on Barty now.

It looks like Federer vs Novak next round after their games today. I think the winner of that (most likely Novak) takes out the title. Can't see Nadal going all the way even though he is world #1.

On the other side... Barty. I can't see her beating Petra tonight. Big game for her.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's all on Barty now.

It looks like Federer vs Novak next round after their games today. I think the winner of that (most likely Novak) takes out the title. Can't see Nadal going all the way even though he is world #1.

On the other side... Barty. I can't see her beating Petra tonight. Big game for her.
Your right, big game and Be a good game to watch.. !!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's all on Barty now.

Djokovic will beat Fed convincingly, IMO....he's way too loose with his forehand lately. Title is Novak or Rafa's. I definitely rate Rafa a better chance than Fed at this stage.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw from about halfway through the 3rd set to the end. I was ion awe of Nadal. He was just impenetrable. Having said that, he would be an absolute pain in the arse to play against. Bouncing the ball 10 times, touching his face all over, back to bouncing the ball, picking his arse, then maybe wipe some more sweat.... and not to mention his extended toilet breaks.