The Tennis Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sinner should beat Medvedev but I knew Medvedev would still win when down 2 sets to love as he keeps battling and loves a 5 setter.

Still, Sinner has much more to his game and has only dropped 1 set all tournament, so hopefully he keeps that up in the final..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Zverev played like he always does(pro choker)but has played in many semis? Even played in a final iirc, maybe the US Open where he lost to Thiem.Regardless he is merely a pretender.
What is with all these guys who can't win in 3 or 4 sets, more mental than physical imo.

Sinner should win but it's his first spin at the biggest dance, Djokovic was never right this tournament which I said early doors, so that win has a slight asterisk next to it for mine.
Wish him good luck though and like most would rather he wins than the ruskie who is a fairsized dickhead.
No way there's an asterisk.. He beat him fair and square, dominated the whole match and has only lost 1 set all tournament. He's also beaten Novak 3 out of the last 4 times now.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way there's an asterisk.. He beat him fair and square, dominated the whole match and has only lost 1 set all tournament. He's also beaten Novak 3 out of the last 4 times now.
54 unforced errors by Novak in a slam that's unheard of no? .. he was off his peak all tournament.
Sinner also acknowledged he was off last night and capitalised fair enough but he isn't that good that he beats up the goat 6-1 then 6-2 in the first 2 sets of grand slam semi, i think he got a bit lucky.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
54 unforced errors by Novak in a slam that's unheard of no? .. he was off his peak all tournament.
Sinner also acknowledged he was off last night and capitalised fair enough but he isn't that good that he beats up the goat 6-1 then 6-2 in the first 2 sets of grand slam semi, i think he got a bit lucky.
Novak didn't play well, I'm not denying that.. But Sinner played great and dictated the tempo all match. Novak doesn't have asterisks on his wins when there's no competition and everyone else plays like shit does he?

Like I said, Sinner has beaten him 3 out of the last 4, he's the 4 seed and he's only dropped one set all tournament, so it's clearly not a fluke.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon the next match will sort of tell a story. Sinner could be the guy on the rise this year and beyond but only 6 mths ago he lost in straights sets to him at Wimbledon, so idk if him almost completely kicking the jokers arse is a true reflection of the state of play at present, that was my point.
I can't claim it because I didn't post but I actually thought he might beat him as he was the best player he was coming up against and I was of the opinion Djokovic wasn't right/looked off.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was reported earlier in the tournament and at this stage they are only allegations. Everyone deserves the presumption of innocence before proven guilty.

NRL players have been charged but others have been exonerated, e.g. Josh Reynolds.
Yes true

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only just flicked over to see who had won as I can't watch Women's Tennis anymore and watching this last game illustrates why as the level of Women's Tennis is at an all-time low.

Nearly every point has been won on an unforced error. Half their luck in getting the same prizemoney as the Men's but the quality of Tennis between the two are Galaxy's apart. It's rewarding mediocrity. No wonder men are considering having a sex change to compete in women's sports.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've only just flicked over to see who had won as I can't watch Women's Tennis anymore and watching this last game illustrates why as the level of Women's Tennis is at an all-time low.

Nearly every point has been won on an unforced error. Half their luck in getting the same prizemoney as the Men's but the quality of Tennis between the two are Galaxy's apart. It's rewarding mediocrity. No wonder men are considering having a sex change to compete in the women's sports.
It’s very poor isn’t it. Errors off second serves, missing open courts.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else watching the final. Epic encounter so far, this is why men’s game/prizemoney should be worth triple women’s game.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sinner is a Winner! Fully deserved as he was clearly the best player throughout the tournament.

Congratulations Jannik on your first Grand Slam, Australian Open win.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now we can really start the next great rivalry of tennis: Sinner v Alcaraz

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great comeback from Sinner. He did a Medvedev to Medvedev. Medvedev was way more aggressive and played the best I've seen him play but he got worn down and Sinner held his nerve well and dictated terms way better the last few sets.. Either way it's good to see someone else win for a change. Hopefully Sinner can continue this form..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congratulations Sinner..great comeback.. Was the best player in the tournament.. Anyone who knocks out Djokovic at his most successful Slam deserves to win the tournament. Congratulations to my man Medvedev who played the most hours on court..and as usual put up a great fight.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else watching the final. Epic encounter so far, this is why men’s game/prizemoney should be worth triple women’s game.
Men’s tennis should have greater prize money simply because they play the best of 5 sets. Spectators are guaranteed 3 sets. There is no reason women cannot play the best of 5.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Men’s tennis should have greater prize money simply because they play the best of 5 sets. Spectators are guaranteed 3 sets. There is no reason women cannot play the best of 5.
Women’s Tennis is bad enough watching 3 sets let alone best of 5.

I turned off after all I saw were double faults and unforced errors after unforced errors and that was the Final. Yet people pay to watch that. It’s at an all time low.

Half their luck getting the same prize money as the men but how is that equality?

Quite simply they should get 60% of what the Men get as they’re playing 40% less if matches go the distance and that’s being generous as the quality between the two is huge.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Women’s Tennis is bad enough watching 3 sets let alone best of 5.

I turned off after all I saw were double faults and unforced errors after unforced errors and that was the Final. Yet people pay to watch that. It’s at an all time low.

Half their luck getting the same prize money as the men but how is that equality?

Quite simply they should get 60% of what the Men get as they’re playing 40% less if matches go the distance and that’s being generous as the quality between the two is huge.
I agree. The quality of Women’s tennis is definitely at an all time low. They definitely don’t deserve the same money, and thats regardless of the qualify. It’s actually ‘reverse equality’, as I said before, men’s tennis is guaranteed to go 3 sets, and thus provide better value for the spectators. True equality is women playing the best of 5 sets. They are completely capable of doing it. No excuse.