the telecraps 3rd page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
some of these idiots from the telecrap need to be sacked
1.they only interviewed the broncos supporters which i found highly unfair and they didnt care for what the bulldogs supporters and what they had to say.
2.broncos fans are whiniging that supporters through missles and broke chairs and a 600m bottle was thrown at the back of a 4 year old head

Gallop also says it is to early to speculate if the nrl would penalise the bulldogs
but why penalise us over 1 idiot i dont understand that!!

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if gallop penalises us we would have to make an appeal for sure, it wasn't our fault at all.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
blue and white said:
if gallop penalises us we would have to make an appeal for sure, it wasn't our fault at all.
Exactly but we have to make the appeal before he makes his decision because once he makes his decision it stays like that.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's the article:

In the doghouse
By ELLEN CONNOLLY and ADAM HAWSE
July 24, 2005

POLICE will examine security footage tomorrow to try to ascertain who was responsible for detonating a home-made explosive during Friday night's Bulldogs-Broncos match.

Dogs
Anger: Stadium boss Ken Edwards, Inspector Paul Nolan and Constable David Henderson check the blast area
Angry Broncos fans said the deafening explosion was the culmination of a night of bad behaviour by Bulldogs supporters, who threw missiles, broke chairs and yelled abuse throughout the game.

A woman was treated for an injury to her ears and a four-year-old girl was hit on the back of head by a full 600ml bottle of soft drink.

Three others told police the explosion had left their ears ringing for hours.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said the blast had been frightening.

"It has shown a gross disrespect for what's happening in the world at the moment," Mr Gallop said.

"We'll work with the police to identify the wrongdoers. We'll encourage them to prosecute.

"We'll also look to implement banning mechanisms for fans who misbehave."

Mr Gallop said it was too early to speculate if the NRL would penalise the Bulldogs.

Superintendent Paul Nolan, of Flemington police, said the blast happened in the 69th minute of the game in a Bulldog supporters' reward area at Telstra Stadium.

"Forensic police have taken away samples of the stuff found at the scene for analysis," he said.

Supt Nolan said the Bulldogs club would provide police with a list of members seated in the area.

Last year, the Bulldogs received a suspended penalty of four competition points for crowd violence in a match against the Sydney Roosters.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said that regardless of whether the culprit was a Bulldogs fan, "it was certainly an idiot".

Mr Noad claimed it was an isolated incident, but Broncos fans said it was the last straw in a series of incidents.

Daniel Jacobson, 19, said the child hit by the bottle had begun crying.

"It ended the family's night. They packed up and went home," he said.

The home-made device, believed to have involved a firecracker, shocked the crowd and players.

Referee Steve Clark was cautioning Darren Lockyer when it went off.

"I thought: 'Bloody hell, what was that? I forgot what I was saying," Clark said.

"I've refereed games when fireworks and flares have gone off, but nothing's been as loud as that."

Brian Hall, of Erskine Park, said his ears were ringing for the rest of the game.

The Sunday Telegraph

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
look even if it would helps easts position i wouldnt agree with dogs getting in trouble 4 it i saw big willie on the news he looked very dissapointed that 1 moron who calls themselves a fan would do that

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the person that was trying to get a scoop on the kennel yesterday. She obviously ignored the fact that it was one idiot, and there were no reported missiles whatsoever.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
blue and white said:
here's the article:

In the doghouse
By ELLEN CONNOLLY and ADAM HAWSE
July 24, 2005

POLICE will examine security footage tomorrow to try to ascertain who was responsible for detonating a home-made explosive during Friday night's Bulldogs-Broncos match.

Dogs
Anger: Stadium boss Ken Edwards, Inspector Paul Nolan and Constable David Henderson check the blast area
Angry Broncos fans said the deafening explosion was the culmination of a night of bad behaviour by Bulldogs supporters, who threw missiles, broke chairs and yelled abuse throughout the game.

A woman was treated for an injury to her ears and a four-year-old girl was hit on the back of head by a full 600ml bottle of soft drink.

Three others told police the explosion had left their ears ringing for hours.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said the blast had been frightening.

"It has shown a gross disrespect for what's happening in the world at the moment," Mr Gallop said.

"We'll work with the police to identify the wrongdoers. We'll encourage them to prosecute.

"We'll also look to implement banning mechanisms for fans who misbehave."

Mr Gallop said it was too early to speculate if the NRL would penalise the Bulldogs.

Superintendent Paul Nolan, of Flemington police, said the blast happened in the 69th minute of the game in a Bulldog supporters' reward area at Telstra Stadium.

"Forensic police have taken away samples of the stuff found at the scene for analysis," he said.

Supt Nolan said the Bulldogs club would provide police with a list of members seated in the area.

Last year, the Bulldogs received a suspended penalty of four competition points for crowd violence in a match against the Sydney Roosters.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said that regardless of whether the culprit was a Bulldogs fan, "it was certainly an idiot".

Mr Noad claimed it was an isolated incident, but Broncos fans said it was the last straw in a series of incidents.

Daniel Jacobson, 19, said the child hit by the bottle had begun crying.

"It ended the family's night. They packed up and went home," he said.

The home-made device, believed to have involved a firecracker, shocked the crowd and players.

Referee Steve Clark was cautioning Darren Lockyer when it went off.

"I thought: 'Bloody hell, what was that? I forgot what I was saying," Clark said.

"I've refereed games when fireworks and flares have gone off, but nothing's been as loud as that."

Brian Hall, of Erskine Park, said his ears were ringing for the rest of the game.

The Sunday Telegraph

yeah thats the article,

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Habib said:
That's the person that was trying to get a scoop on the kennel yesterday. She obviously ignored the fact that it was one idiot, and there were no reported missiles whatsoever.
Exactly if there were missles people would have heard them or at least saw them i think the broncos fans are overexxagerating to much.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do they have proof that people were 'throwing missiles' and do they have proof that a 4 year old girl got hit in the head by a full bottle of soft drink? i don't think so. it was all bronco fans saying that that have absolutely no proof.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
i just read that article... as if there were friking missiles *uggh* we have had no bad publicity for over a year now... and thanks to one imbecile we are leagues worst suppoters just like that again. Its ridiculous

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
blue and white said:
do they have proof that people were 'throwing missiles' and do they have proof that a 4 year old girl got hit in the head by a full bottle of soft drink? i don't think so. it was all bronco fans saying that that have absolutely no proof.
exactly thats what im saying,
but if bulldogs said that bottles were thrown at us and missles were thrown they would think its all bull****.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Fact: A bunger was let off.

Fact: Dogs won 29-22.

Fiction: Daily Telegraph Reporting

Fact: Are DT going to right anything positive bout the dogs?? NO. aRE THEY READY TO POUNCE ON one NEGATIVE INCIDENT AND BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION AND START EXAGGERATING?? YES

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
hmmm i never heard of the bottle incident b4 they put that in to make it look like more fans then just the 1 idiot were misbehaving

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Habib said:
She didnt give up either, she kept on asking
MB

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Gallop already said its not a bulldogs problem. They arent taking away any points

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
Gallop already said its not a bulldogs problem. They arent taking away any points
are you 100% sure,?
because this issue is worrying me alot

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
i was sitting infront of some loud broncos supporter but me & the other bulldogs fans around them behaved well & treat them with the same respect that we like to have wen we go to away games. one of them actually dropped his bottle of coke & it rolled under a few seats, so reached down & picked it up & passed it back to him. They we're kinda shocked & probably thought we would intimidate them but we all laughed at their jokes about petero 70 cents a litre. they walked away feeling safe & the only sad thing for them was their team lost, not bad beviour by us bulldogs fans

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
Its false reporting by the telegraph. We must understand that they are not going to put anything positive about us, they will twist stories to make us look bad. One idiot has suddenly turned into a string of incidents & violence, its all bullsh!t. Cmon NRL, get the bulldog fans point of view instead of bias reporting from one team only.

Status
Not open for further replies.