News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question lol
Can he run and engage defenders?
I think attack wise he is better than Flange now, however defense Flanno has it all over him. Sure KO can hit hard in defense but seen enough of his defensive reads to know he may score us a couple of tries but will cost us more in defense. I even saw JR with some ordinary attempted tackles on the weekend.

If he comes in too early he will be another Mbye and Avo in the halves.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stats don’t tell the whole picture. I’ll bet the ‘gun has more lbas and try involvements than Burton this year. Burton has been much worse, but escapes scrutiny because the ‘gun is the kennel whipping boy. Both halves are also playing behind alphad forward packs each week.
please stop you're just embarrassing yourself

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan
Cameron Ciraldo is just four games into his coaching role at the Canterbury Bulldogs but already he needs to axe a key player.

Can someone please post the rest of the article.

And Averillo, if those 2 are in the team this week,It looks like CC doesn't want to play finals this year . . . Thank god they will be gone at seasons end

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And Averillo, if those 2 are in the team this week,It looks like CC doesn't want to play finals this year . . . Thank god they will be gone at seasons end
Seems like Gus and CC have realised its not gonna happen this year and are content with building and praising togetherness performances for the long haul.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like Gus and CC have realised its not gonna happen this year and are content with building and praising togetherness performances for the long haul.
Tend to agree - do you think 2 ins from 4 would have been any different even with Thompson TPJ and Patolo available - unless all three have improved would they have made enough difference - TPJ maybe but all three defensively have deficiencies and only TPJ bends the line

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you believe in the rebuild narrative? Cowboys thought the same last year and finished top 4

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tend to agree - do you think 2 ins from 4 would have been any different even with Thompson TPJ and Patolo available - unless all three have improved would they have made enough difference - TPJ maybe but all three defensively have deficiencies and only TPJ bends the line
Yes we still don't have the squad to mix it with the top teams.

Our first choice middles would give us more but yes you are right, we are limited in our up front firepower.

That, coupled with all the other issues re 7 etc, does require us supporters to realise we have progressed this year but still dont have the ability to win competitively week to week.

A bit disappointing but CC just looking for consistency and effort so I guess that should be our hope as well for 2023.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have to play tough, because we are so stupid. Sigh, another year of no September footy

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you believe in the rebuild narrative? Cowboys thought the same last year and finished top 4
Cowboys had a far superior spine and set of forwards to work with last year than us with our present roster and they didnt try and put wingers into their forward pack and had an effective halves pairing guiding the team between them.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanno is shit , we can all agree to that but unfortunately, as much i hate to say it, he is our only current option.

Reynolds would be my stop gap for the mean time but he can't and wont last 80mins, so its not a viable option unfortunately.
KO has potential coming out of his asshole and is getting better and better but not ready for FG either, i would put him on 2nd half of season

Right now, our halves are least of our priblems. We urgently need proper forwards and getting our team on front foot. This will allow Burton and our backs to run riot.

Once we get our forwards sorted then i would put KO at half and let him loose..

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said - i also hope that if he is playing reggies he doesnt play second fiddle to who ever is the halves partner - get him to own reserve grade asap - for good or bad
Well you might find yourself disappointed because he’s not the half that will demand the football unlike Rajab for instance who is a proper halfback.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stats don’t tell the whole picture. I’ll bet the ‘gun has more lbas and try involvements than Burton this year. Burton has been much worse, but escapes scrutiny because the ‘gun is the kennel whipping boy. Both halves are also playing behind alphad forward packs each week.
Fannygun is the halfback and supposed to be calling the shots and steering the team. If he’s not capable of that then he at least needs to have individual flare to just qualify as a starting first grade halfback. He has zilch credentials. Unfortunately Burtons progress has been severely hampered having to take up the slack left by his inept No7. Also with losing the ruck every week is not helping Burtons game. We could have a all international dominant pack and it won’t help Fannygun’s game simply because he’s a dud.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cowboys had a far superior spine and set of forwards to work with last year than us with our present roster and they didnt try and put wingers into their forward pack and had an effective halves pairing guiding the team between them.
They were tipped bottom four last year though and no one rated their spine lol before the season started last year.. both deardon and Townsend were rejects

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is Rajab permitted to play after round 10? If so perhaps bringing him into the team at the expense of Flanagan either outright or off the bench might be an option. KO is a bit greener than Rajab in my mind and needs more experience in reserve grade. Unless between now and round 10 he really develops. Either way something has to happen with the 7.
Burton will possibly be in the origin side
so there are 3 games someone will have to come in.
Thought the team played their hearts out on the weekend. Was an especially good effort after the hot game last week. Just some roster management to lift us up the ladder.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They were tipped bottom four last year though and no one rated their spine lol before the season started last year.. both deardon and Townsend were rejects
Yes but still had a far better base than us.