News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No they both need to go. One can’t attack (Flanagan) one can’t defend (averilo) both need to fuck off. I’d rather Skelton even if he can’t defend his attack is miles ahead of average fello
Literally nothing to do with what I said. I wouldn't have either in my team. My comment was if I had to have 1 of them then it's Averillo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bellamy, now answer the question and not with another question.
There is no answer, surely you know that? We've just got to bide our time until someone hits the market or someone steps up in reserve grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you genuinely think Flanno offers more as a half than Reynolds would? Lol
Yes, Reynolds is a pathetic excuse of a footballer right now. If I had to pick any player right now I'd probably lean with Rajab at halfback.

Reactions: 88

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol if he’s the type of half we want he won’t give a flying fuck who’s outside him.
It's the opposition running at them I'm more concerned with.

Have no doubt whatsoever KO will be a revelation when he gets his chance.

Put him at 14 next week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our middle thirds are spent... All you do by dropping Flanno is bring in a rookie 7 who will be under so much pressure and no time and space to play.

So yeah all you do is basically don't change our attack but weaken our defence. Just gotta ride this one out sadly

Last edited:

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we need KO at 7. He has a spark to him which we need.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TK so delusional. Lets fuck up our long-term prospects confidence by playing him at a ridiculous young age on a season that was always a nothing-learning curve season in year one of a rebuild.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Reynolds is a pathetic excuse of a footballer right now. If I had to pick any player right now I'd probably lean with Rajab at halfback.
We need experience in the halves and Reynolds gives us that. Rajab is pretty much an inexperienced version of him but I’d still prefer him over Flanno. Not sure where you get your hate for JR from but at least the guy mixes up his kicking game and plays with some kind of purpose

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our middle thirds are spent... All you do by dropping Flanno is bring in a rookie 7 who will be under so much pressure and no time and space to play.

So yeah all you do is basically don't chance our attack but weaken our defence. Just gotta ride this one out sadly
Exactly. Just look at Canberras spine and the amount of space they play with from some actual middles. I’m sure if we get that amount of time, we can definitely create better chances. I deadass only want to see middle forward signings from now on from Gus and co. Middle is so fucked

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still older. Either way he has more experience and a veteran coach guiding him, Karl does not. Karl will have an inexperienced coach, one of the most overrated players in the game as his halves partner, an inexperienced coach, an inexperienced edge forward alongside him and will be required to play halfback which at this point he is clearly not. If the coaches think he's ready them sure but looking in from the outside this is a recipe for disaster.
Has been brought here to play first grade this year, whether you like it or not, it’s just a case of when not if. Flanno is not the answer, Averillo should be playing reserve grade so it leaves KO or Rajab as our only real halves options (no to JR) but no top 30 for Rajab means it’s a very small sample size to choose from.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need experience in the halves and Reynolds gives us that. Rajab is pretty much an inexperienced version of him but I’d still prefer him over Flanno. Not sure where you get your hate for JR from but at least the guy mixes up his kicking game and plays with some kind of purpose
Reynolds is erratic as fuck and negative influences the team, his experience is worth absolutely nothing. Look at his game today, literally no one knows wtf he's doing. At one stage he was playing in the halves yet kept rushing into dh for some dh runs. Gets to the 5th tackle and he again darts from dh and panics and throws a nothing ball to no one. He's also can't tackle, like at all. Spent about minutes at hooker yet he made 9 tackled all game and missed half of them. He's shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has been brought here to play first grade this year, whether you like it or not, it’s just a case of when not if. Flanno is not the answer, Averillo should be playing reserve grade so it leaves KO or Rajab as our only real halves options (no to JR) but no top 30 for Rajab means it’s a very small sample size to choose from.
Who said he was bought to play this year? Literally no one said that? Even if he is playing this year that doesn't mean he HAS to play round 5 when he isn't ready. Gus actually said Rajab would debut this year and like you said he isn't in the 30 btw. Averillo should be playing reserve grade? Lol sure.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeah but at least Flanno tried to make a tackle. Grub just copped a left right, fell on his ass and old mate just strolled upfield.

bro - u know I'm not defending Flanno if I can help it but if grub is the answer - you sure as hell are asking the wrong fckng question.
I think a blind dog could do a similar job to Flanno your just saying Grub is worse then a blind dog.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is erratic as fuck and negative influences the team, his experience is worth absolutely nothing. Look at his game today, literally no one knows wtf he's doing. At one stage he was playing in the halves yet kept rushing into dh for some dh runs. Gets to the 5th tackle and he again darts from dh and panics and throws a nothing ball to no one. He's also can't tackle, like at all. Spent about minutes at hooker yet he made 9 tackled all game and missed half of them. He's shit.
Unfortunately, Reynolds in NSW Cup detracts from the development of Oloapu and Rajab IMO

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no answer, surely you know that? We've just got to bide our time until someone hits the market or someone steps up in reserve grade.
I agree with you mate, but we can’t leave flange where he is it will be detrimental to the rest of the side in the long run, he’s mentally gone we can’t keep running on every weekend with 12 committed players and one passenger. It’s not a tenable situation for team dynamics. CC is going to have to make a call .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Reynolds in NSW Cup detracts from the development of Oloapu and Rajab IMO
Of course it does, just look how well the two of them payed last week. Rajab was probably motm yet he found himself starting on the bench and didn't come on until the second half. It was a dumb call giving Josh a top 30 spot, should've just got him as a trainer or handed him a reserve grade or develop contract.