News The Tackle: Time for Cameron Ciraldo and Bulldogs to make tough call on Kyle Flanagan

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always tell when a half needs to go. It’s when you barely notice or remember them being on the field. We severely lacked direction today. Burton touched the ball a lot but he’s not the director type. Not sure if KO is either tbh. Dare I say Grub may be our only sensible choice right now? I haven’t seen enough from Karl yet.

Further to that, at least Grub has a crack and put on a good kick for a try today. Honestly what do we have to lose? He has to be better than flange.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always tell when a half needs to go. It’s when you barely notice or remember them being on the field. We severely lacked direction today. Burton touched the ball a lot but he’s not the director type. Not sure if KO is either tbh. Dare I say Grub may be our only sensible choice right now? I haven’t seen enough from Karl yet.

Further to that, at least Grub has a crack and put on a good kick for a try today. Honestly what do we have to lose? He has to be better than flange.
He's probably the best half option at the club but I really doubt his body would last 80mins at 7.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wowzers a Fox League journo that doesn’t suck Flanagan’s cock. Its a tough one, Karl was pretty shit today and i still don’t think he should be debuting this early or even at all this year if Flanagan is available for selection. This year was always a write off due to our lack of depth in the forwards and our pack in general + our duds. Ciraldo is the guy, still could be better with things (still learning) but i think we can work with him definitely. Typical TK overreacting and being delusional asf after a loss

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s all about using the best person we have the job, If they think flanno is that and persist then we have bigger issues.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Think we all agree that Flanno HAS to go - but who to replace him with?
- Grub? Saw half the reserves today. Watched him concede a try by falling on his butt in a one on one and old mate just waltzed right by him. To me - he looked like he's been on the Latrine diet. No.
- KO? Don't even think he's a half, he's a 5/8. Not sure he can manage a game yet. Plus if u pick him, he's gunna have every man and his dog running at him. Not yet.
- Rajab. If I had to pick one of the 3 - probably him - unless KO can show me he can handle the defensive traffic. Think he's a slightly better Flanno but thats not saying much.
We fckd....

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's probably the best half option at the club but I really doubt his body would last 80mins at 7.
Could have KO or Rajab on bench. Doubt Ciro would do that, but Brown is gone for some weeks probably, so we need a utility anyway.

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Think we all agree that Flanno HAS to go - but who to replace him with?
- Grub? Saw half the reserves today. Watched him concede a try by falling on his butt in a one on one and old mate just waltzed right by him. To me - he looked like he's been on the Latrine diet. No.
- KO? Don't even think he's a half, he's a 5/8. Not sure he can manage a game yet. Plus if u pick him, he's gunna have every man and his dog running at him. Not yet.
- Rajab. If I had to pick one of the 3 - probably him - unless KO can show me he can handle the defensive traffic. Think he's a slightly better Flanno but thats not saying much.
We fckd....

It won't be Rajab anytime soon because he ain't in the top 30!
It will be Grub as I wouldn't place KO with our current team at this stage.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t understand the KO’s not ready rhetoric, he simply can’t offer the FG side less than flange does, that said neither will Reynolds. So one of them needs to come into FG Asap Kyle is done he doesn’t want to be there and he is a fucking liability.